Hello from a new Floridan!

JaimieMarvon

Hi everyone! Long time no see! LOL Well, we've made it to Florida, :thumb: we're in our apartment and this is the first day I've had access to my computer with internet capabilities. We arrived by Continental on Tuesday 1/9 and our moving truck arrived on Friday 1/12. It's now only 1/15 so lots of our stuff is still in boxes!

I've missed being online and talking dollhouses and minis with all of you! Once hubby is back to work (next week when results of manditory drug testing is in) I can have time to put my house back together. Everything is in boxes still.

I'm a "southerner" now and I love it! I'll have an accent soon too. I pick them up so easily. :giggle:

Congratulations on the move! If you're anything like me, some of the stuff may still be in boxes 6 months from now, but I'm sure your dollhouses and minis will be unpacked by this weekend. LOL

Welcome back, Jaimie!! Glad things with the move went well. I have good friends down in the Tampa area and they love it there. They moved from Boston a few years ago.

Good luck unpacking. That is my favorite part of moving. I love organizing a new house and figuring out where to put things and how to decorate.

Have fun!!

Yay Jaimie's back!!

Glad to hear your all moved safe and sound!! Dont worry about all the boxes lol we moved in july and still have about 5 or 6 cramed in a closet. LOL

Welcome to FL, Jaimie, you'll have to PM your addy & phone so we can get together next time DH & I get down that way (at least twice a year).

Now you have to go on the hunt for miniature stores.

The closest miniature stores to Tampa are Ron's in Orlando and Nancy's in Naples. Haslam's in Sarasota closed a couple of years ago.

Thank you for the welcoming everyone!! The weather is so nice I feel like I'm on a vacation. It hasn't quite set in yet... even with all the craziness of putting the house together. Our apartment is nice. I'm going to try to not get too used to it. We are only in it for 10 months. Then we will know the area enough to find a location where we want to live in Tampa.

My husband starts his job on Monday, 1/22, we think. They are just waitng for the results of the drug testing to be complete and will call by Friday to let us know. It my be Tuesday or Wednesday. Then I have to find a preschool for Jayce.

Thursday we are going to Bush Gardens. Its so expensive but I can't wait!

Must feel great to finally sort of "be there" and I think the idea of allowing yourselves to get to know the area before purchasing a house is great as well.

Good to have you back and looking forward seeing pics of your new mini adventures!

Hugs

Welcome home and welcome back!

sounds like everything is going good!

I too love the unpacking and decorating of a new home but uggg the packing.

have fun!

looking forward to seeing you get back to your minis

nutti :)