I hit the jackpot

IAK

So I am having granite counters installed in my kitchen. The contractor came today to make a template. He was using 1/8" balsa wood to make them. I'm checkin out the wood thinking, "This would be perfect for making the missing pieces I need for the dollhouse I found in my Dad's attic." DH reads my mind and tell the guy that I build dollhouses and I was checking out the wood......He asked if I want some, he had plenty. He goes out to the truck and brings me 4 half sheets! :whack:

I know only you people would understand....... :welcome: :ohyeah:

Well someone has a great contact with the work guys :welcome: another reason to go forth in our plans of re-decorating the kitchen ehhh???

Great find!

Hugs and pics please when you have used some of that wood.... :ohyeah:

Congratulations and what a nice guy!!

He was Peggi.....and he even asked to see my dh's...and was impressed! As a matter of fact he said "I have more wood if you want it" He gave me plenty. :welcome:

Men seem to be more interested in the building details when they see my houses than the women. The women love the little details that make a home.

He gave me plenty.

Can't ask more than that.

Green with envy here... (not so much the wood, which is nice, but that y'all were able to find a contractor!!!)

LOL Holly I know what your mean! We are very fortunate to have a good friend who is a contractor and he recomended the company to do our counters. Our friend kind of opens doors for us in the contractor department. :)

I love to look at the details of the building. I could sit for hours and watch something being built. It just fascinates me.

Me too.... :) I used to sit for hours when I was a little girl and watch my dad build furniture.... :D

The couple who puppy-sit for us for our long trips are a retired veterinary tech & her contractor DH. We were c/oing our situation & his response was that there were no area contractors he would willingly recommend to friends!