Lily on EBay

Peggi

I think Deb's Lily came out much nicer!

<blushing> Aw, that's nice of you to say, but Peggi was the trail blazer on this one. I followed her building so much that I think I know her Lily as well as I know mine!

although did anyone notice how the staircase was modified?

I noticed that too. I've used the houseworks spindles and bannisters on landings and I do like the way they come out looking so realistic. I know that removing the second floor staircase gives more space in that room, but I really think that staircase with the bookcase is one of the coolest features of the Lily.

I *really* like the copper on the mansard roof. That's a nice touch.

Deb

:blink::wave: Thank you all for the nice comments on my Lily. When I first saw this, I thought Deb's friend was selling it. Then I noticed the differences. I agree Deb's is prettier.

I wonder why there is not a picture from the front of the house? Now if I could get the same price for mine I could sell it and do a new one maybe make it better. ;)

Nope, not suffering thru that mansard roof again :roflmao::roflmao: ( for newbies that's an inside joke cause my roof almost caused me to really BASH it)

not suffering thru that mansard roof again ( for newbies that's an inside joke cause my roof almost caused me to really BASH it)

Yo, all you newbs, go check out Peggi's Team Lily building blog pictures, she & her DH tamed those bad boy roof pieces alright!

Yo, all you newbs, go check out Peggi's Team Lily building blog pictures, she & her DH tamed those bad boy roof pieces alright!

Boy, did she ever! And it came out soooooooooooo cool! I think a mansard roof is an architectural challenge no matter how many houses a person has built, but for Peggi to do one on her very first house is just inspiring. And she wired it too! (the house, not the roof)

When I first saw this, I thought Deb's friend was selling it.

<cackle> I don't think there's a chance of that happening. She almost became a self-induced widow awhile back when her husband moved it while she wasn't at home. She was planning on moving it to a different room and he thought he'd be helpful and move it for her while she was at work. He was very careful and nothing happened to either the DH or the dh, but I think she almost had a heart attack when he told her what he'd done. She really loves that house.

Deb

:blink::wave: Thank you all for the nice comments on my Lily. When I first saw this, I thought Deb's friend was selling it. Then I noticed the differences. I agree Deb's is prettier.

I wonder why there is not a picture from the front of the house? Now if I could get the same price for mine I could sell it and do a new one maybe make it better. ;)

Nope, not suffering thru that mansard roof again :roflmao::roflmao: ( for newbies that's an inside joke cause my roof almost caused me to really BASH it)

No way I'd sell my Lily!! I really, really love the things Deb did to my Lily. She really did a beautiful job.

Kathy

<cackle> I don't think there's a chance of that happening. She almost became a self-induced widow awhile back when her husband moved it while she wasn't at home. She was planning on moving it to a different room and he thought he'd be helpful and move it for her while she was at work. He was very careful and nothing happened to either the DH or the dh, but I think she almost had a heart attack when he told her what he'd done. She really loves that house.

Deb

I glared at him for at least three days. And then off an on for another week. He'll never touch it unless I'm there again!! LOL

Kathy

I glared at him for at least three days. And then off an on for another week. He'll never touch it unless I'm there again!! LOL

Even if you're there, he'll probably still put his hands in his pockets and back away slowly.

Deb

I was at the dollhouse store today and saw the Lily for the first time in pictures. I always thought it was a cute house, but seeing it in person I'm now in love. Utterly in love with it. It has skipped every other house I had my eye on and will be the next one I buy.

I was at the dollhouse store today and saw the Lily for the first time in pictures. I always thought it was a cute house, but seeing it in person I'm now in love. Utterly in love with it. It has skipped every other house I had my eye on and will be the next one I buy.

Oh, that's a decision that you'll be happy you made! The Lily is an incredible house. The footprint is small so it doesn't take up much room to display, but the floorplan gives soooooo much space and the way the rooms are set up makes it unique. With the side and back both open, it's like looking into a real house and you can easily get to any room in it. It's got some exceptional features too, like the bookcase in the back of the second floor staircase. The second floor hallway and the front foyer are delightful because they give that "real" look to the house. The Lily is very bash-able too and takes on any personality you want to give her. I think she's got more character than any other house I've encountered. I built Kathy's in a French Quarter style, but I've always thought if I did another one, I'd do it in an old west theme. I'm excited for you about getting one! You'll love it.

Deb

You gals crack me up! (as always) lol. I agree Deb and peggi's lillys are WAY better. someday i'd like to build one.. I'll just have to add it to my "list" and its a very long list at that! LOL

The Lily's a nice house, interesting that the award winning miniaturist who supposedly built the house isn't named. If Martin Bower built my Nostromo for me and I sold it on Ebay I'd sure mentiuon who built it.

You gals crack me up! (as always) lol. I agree Deb and peggi's lillys are WAY better. someday i'd like to build one.. I'll just have to add it to my "list" and its a very long list at that! LOL

:lol: :ohyeah: I'm getting a big head with all these compliments. Sure does make me want to tear down the Christmas decorations and put back my construction zone and get started on another house :) ;)