New to the board

RobinS

Hello All! I am new to this board. I have had a dollhouse for almost a year. Plan on working on it soon. Just have to find directions. :) I have another one a friend is sending me, just have to put it together. :p

Welcome, Roberta!

Interesting turn of phrase: "just have to put it together." Lots of us started out that way, and baby, look at us now! :)

hi, and welcome!!

this is a very generous, warm group of people. i'm new to this too, and have found all sorts of help here.

which houses do you have? which do you plan to work on first? do you have ideas about what you'll do?

Thank you for all the warm welcomes! I have an Ashley that I need to find the directions for; and I also have a Linfield that will be coming to me soon from an online friend. I really don't know what I am doing. :) I know that they are Victorian houses and that's what I am going to make them as. Been stuck for a while on the colors, but I have a book coming that will hopefully help me with that. After those are finished, I hope to be able to make The Orchid, or I just might splurge and get a big house. Not sure yet. :lol:

Linifield? Ive never heard of that house before, who is the maker?

It is by DuraCraft.

I found a description on line some wheres. Been looking at so many sites lately. :lol: On the one site it is listed as rare.

Edited by RobinS

Thank you!

I have added to my collection already! :banana: I have another Duracraft on it's way too!

I started working on the Ashley tonight. (Big THANK YOU to TAM!) I won't be able to get paint and stuff for it until Friday, I am sooo excited to finally get to start on it.

Roberta, check the supplies topic, you will also want something to keep checking things are square (I used a steel carpenter's square) especially with the all-wood kits. I haven't built any of the MDF Dura-Craft kits.

Thank you! I am acquiring quite a list! I bought the Ashley last year when HL had it reduced. I was looking for something that would be easy to learn, guess I will be learning the hard way. :blink: I am the type to not give up very easily. Truely looking forward to these new challenges.