Storybook salvage

havanaholly

Mary, If that's what it takes to get you back here with us I'll start swearin in French & Spanish, too!lol

I wasn't actually swearing at the poor little house, it was very cooperative. I started shingling this AM and finished the rear roof & 1/3 of the left side of the front roof & gable. I just hope I can find the last of the $store furniture I had left.

Mary, If that's what it takes to get you back here with us I'll start swearin in French & Spanish, too!lol

Holly, that's funny and sweet! LOL! Well, my life is a whole lot different since I started homeschooling my granddaughter full time. My disposable free time has been cut down a whole lot, so I just don't get onto the forum as much as I would like to. I should be back more after the school year is over. Actually, I'm loving the homeschooling, but do miss spending more time in the forum. I need a few more hours in every day, I guess!

I can't wait to see the pictures of your "extreme makeover"! Keep up the great work!

Mary

the pictures of your "extreme makeover"!

I finished shingling and found some bits of $store furniture and a Ginny Weasley doll in scale, I made a little table from kit scrapwood and then I put them in a bag and taped it with the house and put it in my car so we can take it to the Toys for Tots drop-off in Havana tomorrow. When I finish off the rest of the film in the camera I'll post when the gallery album is up.

Next project is to dress some dolls.

Yes, she's the only daughter (so far) & youngest Weasley. I bought her in a weak moment because she was scale.

I wish y'all could have seen the dispatcher's face when I walked into our little police station carrying the house, especially when I told her the story. We were both cackling in anticipation of some little girl's face on Christmas morning.

So glad to see that Cottage found a home, I got the best deal on a Storybook, or at least Marg got me the best deal. Unopened for under 40 bucks with shipping, in fact the only ding on the box went through the paper they wrapped the box with. It was damaged in shipment. BTW, what were you thinking about changing it to 1/24th?

I would have made a new floor and installed it about the tops of the windows, and some interior walls (of foamcore) and a stairway. And fill in the doorway to scale it down; the upstairs windows are OK & the ones downstairs would have been oversized. I've seen the Buttercup done as a 1:24 scale house that I liked very much (wish I still had the link!)

As it is I used 1:16 scale furniture for the donation.

• 4 weeks later...

:blink: Holly, are you sure that is the same house you show us??? It turned out beautiful as I owuld have expected but wow what a difference from what you started out with and the finished one.

So I suppose the feral cats now have to be happy with cahsing their own birds huh??? ;) Atleast for a while...

I have always found the Storybook such an enticing house, mostly I think due to the name itself, I can picture it made up like a "clue" house, ie a lot of different fairytales depicted and scattered aoubt, a house one might use as inspiration in finding and telling stories arund....

OK, back tot the craftroom and see if the paint is dry or if hubby is willing to move away from the other computer so that I can upload some pics myself of my latest project.

Hugs