Hello everyone... I'm Jill

Hello

I'm Jill from Osage Beach, Missouri, originally from Omaha, Nebraska.  I have been looking at these dollhouses for more than ten years.  I originally wanted the Garfield, but it is so big.  Maybe I'll do it as my next house?  So I saw the Lily, love it, but it is also so big.  I decided to make my first house a half scale and I just fell in LOVE with the Fairfield.  I am a perfectionist by nature and I hope it doesn’t drive me crazy trying to get it right.  I love the “Don’t panic!” in the warm-up syllabus.  So I am just going to take my time and enjoy it as intended.  I look forward to seeing what all of you have to say.

Take care in this time of uncertainty, Jill

Hi Jill and welcome! :wave:

I too fell in love with the Fairfield and I'm taking my time building it.  Several people here have also built the Fairfield and documented their progress on their blogs.  This forum is a great resource if you ever have questions or run into trouble with your build.  Have fun and enjoy!

~Diane

Welcome to the little family, Jill.  I built two Fairfields to be halves of a Bar Harbor summer cottage.  I did not blog it, but I did make an album.  If you take a long, hard look at real life houses, you will find that they are NOT "perfect".  The craft is in the building, the art is in dealing with the imperfections.  Learn to let go, trust your creativity and have fun!

I ran across some tablets of mini scrapbook paper, more card weight, a solid color on one side and perfect-for-scale design on the other, that I used to paper some of the walls.