Last Tom Bishop Atlanta Show

Oh yikes!  I had not even noticed that.  :(  Sadness 

I did notice though that the postcard has the wrong dates on it.

I typically like the September show put on by the Atlanta Miniature Society a little better, but still love to have the option of both shows.  And both shows always seem to be packed. So it's a little surprising Tom Bishop would stop.

• 1 month later...

I'd say it all depends. I just don't see it actually happening, to be honest. If you asked me a month ago, I'd say it probably would, but there's so much we don't know and all the lack of data, testing, etc makes what our future looks like very uncertain. :(

I’m not sure either. From what they are saying on the news, I’m not even sure if there will be a show next year if there isn’t a vaccination by then. There’s too many unknowns about this virus. I’m sad he won’t be doing any more shows. They truly were my favorite shows! 

This breaks my heart. I have put off going for years, and finally booked to go this year (now) and it was postponed. I think the likelihood of being able to travel internationally in August is minimal, so I have everything crossed that next year’s show will go ahead and I can fly again. 

Surely someone would pick up the show? I was thinking Greg Madl.

Hi everybody. It was a very nice surprise this morning when i checked again and found the forum up and running. It's been so lonely and sad, scary and stressful this past weeks, that feel like months not weeks, so not having this place available to share with you guys added to the bad feelings. I have two projects ready to start but couldn't find the will to do so. 

I bought my ticket for this spring show andas you all know it was postponed. I also doubt that it will happen at all this year, maybe next year, and I doubt it will happen even then. So chances are that the last Tom Bishop show was the one we were lucky to attend last 2019 year. Unbelievable! Hopefully somebody else will continue Tom's legacy......

It's not that bad Carmen. It's working on my dollhouse that helps me gets up every morning. I don't have the Groundhog Day effect because I have a new step or decision or problem to solve. I think it's the dollhouse that is keeping me sane. I did miss the forum group an awful lot and panicked a bit when I had to make a decision without talking it over with experts.  But so far all's well. Try to start and see if that helps. I hope it does. There will be an end to this. If you're healthy and safe it's a good start!

• 4 months later...
On 4/23/2020 at 3:29 PM, Qubanqtee said:

I spoke with Tom Bishop and not only is it the last Atlanta Show but the 2021 show will be his last ...he's retiring.  I so wish he'd take on an apprentice and let them run with it after 2021.

I've never been to one of these shows, but surely there is someone that could pick up the ball and run such a show?  I used to work with a gal that ran several large wedding shows...if I lived in Atlanta you can bet I'd be the first in line to get the apprentice job!  :D