Need your opinions

peggyquade

post-924-1161530341_thumb.jpgpost-924-1161530378_thumb.jpgpost-924-1161530405_thumb.jpgpost-924-1161530451_thumb.jpg

I know I've asked for your opinions on the staircase for my big wooden dollhouse and I've appreciated everything everyone said. Of course, then I sometimes go do my own thing but you all know I still want your opinions, right? Because I do value them. In fact, my latest idea for the staircase in the big wooden dollhouse is a variance of your ideas.

So now I have 4 ideas for the staircase...the straight staircase right in the middle of the living room/dining room area, the double landing Lawbre staircase in the same place, the altered Pierce double landing staircase in the same place and now a straight staircase over against the dining room wall, where you all suggested but I didn't move the front door. I did reduce the big dining room window to a double window and it would just be a little sitting room or something in the #4 scenario and I kept the wall between the living room and the rest of the area...that wall in all scenarios would have a large arch from the front door into the living room. I'd greatly appreciate your ideas and opinions once again! Thanks everyone!

I think it has more to do with how much room you want, even though I like the looks of the double landing staircases, I'd be tempted to go with picture 2. But then again, I like lots of room to put stuff.

My opinion is that you have to think what you want to put in the room and if you have the place with the large staircase.

Also, how important it is to you to have the staircase the focal point in that room or the other minis that you intend to put in the room.

Personally I would go with the staircase against the wall and dress it up with runner and "stuffs" that haven't quite made it all the way to the second floor yet. No, I never do that :whistle:

Good luck in your decision

Peggy, I, too, would go with a straight stairway against the wall, simply because I don't like to have the view of the room blocked by immovable bits of architecture. I'm probably going to replace the stairway in my Pierce for just that reason. But you do such wonderful interior finishes that I could see a center stairway of any configuration becoming a beautiful focal piece.

I'm sure whichever scenario you choose, it will be enchanting.

I say go with your instincts!

And I would also sit down and have one of those "pre-planning" with the sketch pad, a pair of schissors and some copying paper, that way I could cut out shapes of the furniture pieces I want top put in there and place around the floor/walls etc to see where I want the stairs to go.

Looking forward seeing what you decide to do!

Hugs

I like picture #4 , but I like the idea of it being open you could put a turn post on the end make a nook under the stairs. or place a little desk a hide away for mom to have her tea, any way you put it will be fun

I like thing that you really have to look at and look around Its like a treasure hunt ( see how many thing you can find)

The two level stairs are lovely in either position, and if you intend to have a nice carpet and bannisters, and maybe the lady of the house elegantly coming down stairs, I'd go with one of those.

But , if it's not too late to offer another option: I too like to have more room to put stuff, so in a similar dilemma I turned the staircase around so it faces the from door. Then I was able to build in a bookcase/chinacabinet under the stairs. Mine went yup the central wall from the front door (kinda created a little foyer).

Oh, and I finished the stairs and put the carpeting on BEFORE I fixed it in place. (Learned that on the hard way) LOL

Susan in NB Canada :)