Hyacinth's Periwinkle Tea House

MiniMadWoman

Well, I did it! I'm finally, almost, finished. I just have four more pieces of crown moulding to put in the main parlor and I'm done! :w00t: I still have to furnish it though. I'm looking for the right pieces . . . I need at least 3 or 4 tables, chairs, tea sets, et cetera, et cetera. For now, it's a wrap! Oh yeah, and some landscaping . . . a little garden outside the main parlor doors . . .

You can see new pictures in my gallery. Enjoy!

post-267-1160605568_thumb.jpg

Teresa,

Just beautiful!! :lol: I love all the little details on the front. I can just see Mrs. Bucket (pronounced Bouquet) :D Coming out now to check on her garden and impress the neighbors! ;) Wonderful Job!!! YaaaaY Time to sit down and have a cup of tea ;)

-David

:jaw: It's gorgeous Teresa!! You did an excellent job on all of it. The sign is just gorgeous (your art background really shows) and the little doves are a perfect touch. I'm a little concerned with the way Chloie is looking at the birds tho. :lol:

You know how much I love shiny floors and I'm just in a swoon over yours. Guests will most certainly be taking off their shoes before entering (not that Hyacinth would have it any other way)

Most of all, I really love the way you bashed these two houses together. All the little nooks and crannies fascinate me. My favorite kinds of houses (big or small) have those eccentric architectural features in them and you've done a tremendous job of giving this little house a lot of character.

Deb

Deb, you wanna talk about eccentric, this is the house! My goodness, in all the houses I've done (well, okay, the 3 and half houses I've done) this one has been the most work (well, I guess except for the conservatory).

From the baseboards to the crown moulding it was a lesson in patience. Some pieces I had to cut 10 or 12 times . . . I'm soooo tired of trim work!!

Funny you should mention taking off of shoes . . . I'm planning on putting a few pairs of shoes on the front porch . . . too funny!

Time to sit down and have a cup of tea

David, never mind tea!! I need a whiskey straight up!! ;)

Thanks so much everyone for your kind comments. Once Hyacinth has given it the 'white glove' you're all invited to the open house for tea and scones!! :lol:

Teresa, I've just now had a chance to look thru your pictures. The cottage is just lovely. A lot work and love went into this house, you can tell. (we won't mention the scaring of Holly's birds at times :lol: while having to cut trim)

You should be very proud.

Teresa,

Just beautiful!! :lol: I love all the little details on the front. I can just see Mrs. Bucket (pronounced Bouquet) :D Coming out now to check on her garden and impress the neighbors! ;) Wonderful Job!!! YaaaaY Time to sit down and have a cup of tea ;)

-David

I love that show too!! Isn't Hyacinth Bucket (Bouquet) a hoot!!!

Teresa, the Periwinkle is stunning.

-Susanne

Thanks Peggi and Susanne!

I received an early birthday present from Brian! The 'Full Bouquet' boxed set of DVD's of 'Keeping Up Appearances'. What a hoot! We've been watching a couple of episodes a night with dinner . . . hard to keep your food down when you're laughing so hard!! :lol:

I received an early birthday present from Brian! The 'Full Bouquet' boxed set of DVD's of 'Keeping Up Appearances'. What a hoot! We've been watching a couple of episodes a night with dinner . . . hard to keep your food down when you're laughing so hard!! :thumb:

Ohhh, now that is something I need to look into as well as hubby as well as me enjoys this series so much. Would be a great Christmas gift if I can get hold of it over here!

Hugs

I received an early birthday present from Brian! The 'Full Bouquet' boxed set of DVD's of 'Keeping Up Appearances'. What a hoot! We've been watching a couple of episodes a night with dinner . . . hard to keep your food down when you're laughing so hard!! :blush:

I got the set for christmas last year! I've watched each episode twice!

Thanks again everyone! :bleh:

Holly, as long as you take your shoes off at the door, you're welcome! ;) You know 'Hyacinth' doesn't want us marking up her newly polished marble floors! :blush:

Oh, how beautful! I love all of the little ornate flowers everywhere. And it is so sweet that you were able to use some of your Grandma's buttons. I bet she would be tickled. And that peacock is stunning! I can't wait to see it furnished. :blush:

Thanks so much everyone for your kind comments. Once Hyacinth has given it the 'white glove' you're all invited to the open house for tea and scones!! :blush:

LOL sorry but the image that conjured is just too funny - I could just see that look Hyacinth gets when her sister's family shows up LOL - yep that's about the look she'd get if I showed up heheheh

I do love your house though and I think it fits Hyacinth just perfectly! Pretty, clean and a real show piece :bleh: Absolutely charming in every way! :nono:

-David ;)

LOL sorry but the image that conjured is just too funny - I could just see that look Hyacinth gets when her sister's family shows up LOL - yep that's about the look she'd get if I showed up heheheh

I do love your house though and I think it fits Hyacinth just perfectly! Pretty, clean and a real show piece ;) Absolutely charming in every way! :bleh:

-David :blush:

I loved Hyacinth's family ... Daisy, Onslo, Rose and the father! I'd welcome them into my home anytime. You guys too!

BTW, Teresa, are you going to put tablecloths on your tables? I'm really looking forward to seeing how you decorate - you have wonderful taste.

-Susanne

Thanks so much everyone! :)

Where did you find the beautiful wallpaper?

I got it at 'Menard's'. It's real size paper, but the print was small enough I figured it would work . . . and besides, the color was just too perfect!! :lol:

The question that I just can't hold back any longer is this:

Have you found a mini set of Royal Dalton with perwinkels?

<giggling> I've had this internal wager going on with myself that if anyone could find a set, it would be you.

Deb