Half Scale Buttercup

I just don't seem to be able to go very long without starting another Buttercup.

I saw this image on the Internet (I don't know who to attribute it to) and I fell in love with this cottage. Of course it looked like a Buttercup to me, so....

I've started another album for this build here http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=7133post-15386-0-18398500-1420421513_thumb.j

• Like 2

I am so excited to see this one done! I have seen something similar to the RL one somewhere in the galleries-or it might have been an Orchid...Your stonework is going to be so cool!! Go,Debora! :D

• Like 1

Pictures? From Holly? Surely you jest!   :roflmao:

:sad_2:  :tongue1:  :teary: This from the person whose comments about my crappy photography skills have thoroughly intimidated me...  I tried to get my digital camera-savvy DS#2 to take some photos for me when he was here, but he wasn't interested.

:sad_2:  :tongue1:  :teary: This from the person whose comments about my crappy photography skills have thoroughly intimidated me...  I tried to get my digital camera-savvy DS#2 to take some photos for me when he was here, but he wasn't interested.

Oh, dear, Holly. Intimidate you? You are one of the least likely to be intimidated people I know. :D  Seems to me I need to follow up on my promise to show you how to use your digital camera effectively so you, too, can share as you build. It's not rocket science. Maybe end of this month or next month?

• Like 1

Pictures? From Holly? Surely you jest!   :roflmao:

Oh, dear, Holly. Intimidate you? You are one of the least likely to be intimidated people I know. :D  Seems to me I need to follow up on my promise to show you how to use your digital camera effectively so you, too, can share as you build. It's not rocket science. Maybe end of this month or next month?

Now, now, ladies - KathieB and havanaholly - let's play nicely.

Oh, right, that's it - a playdate!!!!!

Then the camera lesson, the actual photography, AND the upload into albums can all happen in one day.

Please, please, please?!

Wish we could all have playdates !!!

I have been waiting with bated breath for a visit from the Bennetts to our new digs!  Yes, yes!  You can even help me to shop for a camera!  (and mostly because I really do take crummy pictures with the disposable point and shoot I have fallen 'way behind on pictures!)

I have been waiting with bated breath for a visit from the Bennetts to our new digs!  Yes, yes!  You can even help me to shop for a camera!  (and mostly because I really do take crummy pictures with the disposable point and shoot I have fallen 'way behind on pictures!)

We're off to Houston tomorrow. Will give you a call when we get back to set a date. :D

• 1 month later...

I'm baaaaaaaack! Ollie has been in storage while I've been busy. I also moved, so now I have a whole dollhouse room. WHEE! :jumping:

I sanded the edges of Luna Lair and put on some more white paint, so I don't have any "new" pix to show because the house looks exactly the same. I hope to have new progress pix soon! And Dalesq and Kelly have been working on 1/2 Buttercups I see (and maybe other people, too?). WHEEEEE! The more the merrier! Please share your progress. :bouncesmile:

It will take me a while to catch up on forum news since I've been gone so long. Geeeeeez. Stupid Real Life getting in the way....

• Like 1

I'm baaaaaaaack! Ollie has been in storage while I've been busy. I also moved, so now I have a whole dollhouse room. WHEE! ....... Geeeeeez. Stupid Real Life getting in the way....

Yeah !! You're back !!

Congrats on the move!! A room all for mini-ing - coolness.

Now we'll want to see what Ollie gets you into trouble with. I'll bet he's happy to be out of the box.

As to Stupid Real Life - I'm with ya there.  Always seems like there are 23,000 other things screaming for attention besides what I would choose to spend my time on. Gotta love it - or not!

Thanks, everyone! :D I moved into my grandparents' home next to my parents and near all of my relatives out in the country. It's good to be home -- in the house and on the forum! :wub:

The next thing I'm going to do for Ollie is roof the house. Dalesq told me the key to using the half scale speed shingles is to glue them on with E6000. I just so happen to have a giant tube of it. Yay! So I hope to get that done soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...