Half Scale Buttercup

Thanks Blondie! Glad to help :)

You've inspired me plenty of times!

Now I'm deciding what to do next :hmm:

Well, you BOTH inspire me :) I'm thinking about a half scale Chantilly next. Another mouse house of course. It would make three in a row. Crazy! I never do that. Last years fling is the home to 5 mice :) Truth be told, I'd rather do a Buttercup again next but I have the Chantilly.

Debora, don't be surprised if everyone starts trying to do a roof like yours. That thing is awesome.

Anyone up for a Chantilly? :)

I've been drowning with Real Life work, so I haven't had any time to mini. :snorkel: I'm hoping to get back to Ollie soon. I know it will calm me and make the little guy happy. Just popping in to say that I'm still alive. :D

• Like 3

I didn't get to build this weekend, but I did get to clean my Real Life house, so that's good. :D

I was running errands at Bed, Bath, and Beyond when I saw this 12" turntable: http://www.amazon.com/Copco-2555-0190-Non-Skid-Cabinet-Turntable/dp/B0036OQWTU/ref=pd_sim_hg_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=16V8XG8SJYFZ7C7MWMYA

My plan is to use it for Ollie's house by putting the house and the car on it with a little driveway area in front of the house for Ollie's car. I think it will work -- I think. I'll put grass/brick down where the grey stuff is and leave the white edge as a "decorative" surround. They had much prettier wood ones, but they would have broken my bank. :bigwink:

• Like 2

Blondie, I built the first Buttercup (Swift Cottage) using an 11 inch lazy Susan, and there was a lot of left over room. 12 inch sounds just about right. I'm eyeing the 18 inch version so thanks for the link :p

..... I saw that larger one at BBB, too. It looked like the perfect size for great half scale landscaping. Maybe even a gazebo or a pond with the house...

Guess this is one of the major advantages and attractions of the 1:24 scale houses.

I love to add landscaping but on my 1:12's it takes up enormous amounts of room - too much - so I just end up not doing it. :(

Guess this is one of the major advantages and attractions of the 1:24 scale houses.

I love to add landscaping but on my 1:12's it takes up enormous amounts of room - too much - so I just end up not doing it. :(

You can also adapt one inch scale landscaping materials to half scale and use far less of your supplies. I just placed an order with Scenic, and those supplies are not cheap. But, for example, the package of tuft grass I ordered is enough material for four of the landscapes for my houses (I do keep the landscaping area to a minimum too.) :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sure it helps everyone in many different ways but it certainly beats the other options of boredom, stress, and sleeplessness !! hahaha

I'm still plugging along towards finishing my studio overhaul. I can't wait to build something - anything.

This RL construction has drained me and I need my mini time.

Well, back to spackling the RL walls while I wait for more pics from Blondie.