What's Everybody Working On?

Charlene

Yes, I'm confused again <_< We have soooo many threads working right now and I've lost track of who's doing what.

I'm just sitting around holding the throbbing finger in the air B) Can't get a good grip on anything with my right hand and I started working on some Fimo goodies (and to me, it's work -- it's really outside my little comfort zone) and I dropped them all over the dining room. Anyway, all my work has come to a standstill (please, no 'get a grip comments') and I think I'll start on the brewing gourd cause it's light and I should be able to hang on to it B) And I think all it's cuts can be done with an x-acto.

Anyway, what's everybody's current project? :(

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mini-ing is "on hold" right now. Trying to get ready for a garage sale the first week of October.

Got lots of junk in the house to get rid of before we move. I know I've been talking about moving since I started on this board back in Feb and we still haven't. It's been one thing after another. Biggest problem is that Hubby got laid off from work (after 11 years of service!) in late May. He hasn't been able to find something in his field for his rate of pay or near it. We are slowly going broke.

I figured the garage sale would kill two birds with one stone... get ride of stuff and bring in some money. I know hubby hates garage sales but I need his help, so I roped him in by saying that all the money we "raise" can go to the bills. I am despertately going through each room to put as much as I can out for the garage sale. (but no mini stuff!!!)

Hi all,

Charlene - sure hope that finger heals quickly! Jamie sorry to hear about your troubles - I hope the garage sale goes well! I love going to them - but hate having them - so I've slowly learned what NOT to bring home and that the word "Free" isn't always a good thing B) heheh

Right now I'm in between projects.. sort of.. in between AND in the middle of - Working on a Haunted house with my cousin who really want's to give minis a try so the house is at my Aunts - working on the various swap items which I need to get cracking on for the next couple of months and if I don't get that castle of mine started soon then I can just forget about showing it in February. So - lots of projects that need attention but most of today was spent on family obligations - tonight though will be time for minis again <_<

-David

. Biggest problem is that Hubby got laid off from work (after 11 years of service!) in late May. He hasn't been able to find something in his field for his rate of pay or near it. We are slowly going broke.

Oh, Wow! I'll keep him in my prayers -- been there (both hubby & me) and I know just how strenuous it can be when someone's between jobs....Something will come up soon for him, just keep plugging.

I once sold a car at a yard sale <_< It's amazing what people will buy -- so, yes, put it ALL out (but absolutely hands off the minis)

I am also inbetween projects. Just finished up most of the Garfield and working on detail which as you know are never done. I have an Arther and an older kit in the wings. Probably do the Arthur next. Just trying to decide what kind of house it will be. <_<

I am working on a Westville special order for a customer. She wants it for her mothers birthday next month so I have opened the box and got most of the shell up so far. I am adding lights and wallpaper to this one. I'll have pictures soon! <_<

Today, I'm working on a few sets of forestry furniture and playing around with some designs for a celestial/witches line of furniture similiar to the forestry line. I've also got a new stack fabrics and fringes (jungle prints and some oriental stuff too) for some dressed beds sitting on the table, and a Lafayette that's going to be a tuscan villa sitting in dry fit.

Deb

I am still working on potion bottles and spooky hutches

I have made the smallest amount of progress on the Lily but my aunt has decided that she now wants this house and she wants it in 2 weeks when I come up there to go to the KC Pets on Parade show

so when I quit playing I have to get on it and finally finish this house.

next up is another Orchid with the spooky feel.

after that I will start the Peirce.

and I cant leave out the various things floating around in my head to make for the haunted house

Happy Building

nutti <_<

I'm working on the Creekside Cabin, when I can keep my mind on what I'm doing. Several things have come up lately that has me kinda stressing out. But I did get a chysbon (sp?) ice box kit put together this weekend for the cabin's kitchen.

I'm still working on the San Franciscan for a Christmas gift for my niece. It's been slow going though... There was a lot wrong with the kit when I opened it up (warped boards, a few missing pieces & wood that seems to want to split into two thin halves!). So far the first & second floors are completed. Working on the roof pieces right now. After this I am putting the rgt front opening shop together as a Christmas gift for my mom. That one should be quick as all I have to do is put it together - she wants to decorate & fill it <_<

In my spare time (what little there is of it!) I'm working on making soaps & candles (my other passion) for Christmas gifts. There are a ton of people on my Christmas list and shopping for them all would drive me nuts - so they all get these:

They're those netted bath sponges filled with homemade soap.

Hope your finger feels better soon Charlene! And Jamie - have a great garage sale!

Charlene I hope your finger gets better soon :), Jaimie, I know your hubby will find something soon, Greg and I had the same problem :( , not fun at all, hope the garage sale goes well for you. My mini's have been on the back burner because Chris is having a fund raiser for school, selling candy :( , there goes any chance I had on trying to lose weight B) , taking care of eveyone's colds they got, first Chris then he gave it to Amber and now I got it <_< . I did get Greg to write up most of the instructions for the spiral staircase he built me and I started a blog to share them with everyone here :D , I just have to have him finish part 3 so I can post it hopefully by this weekend. When I get back to my houses I have to finish sanding the outside of the harrison so I can paint it and the garfield is at a complete standstill because we are trying to get the angles of the addition roof to match up with the house, I keep asking myself, what did I get myself into by doing this? B) ;) .

I am still working on the Garfield. Though we haven't done much the past 2 weeks. Been busy and have had company. I was just thinking if I get my chores done I may work on it tomorrow. I cannot stand to work on a project unless my house is clean. Strange obsession.

I cannot stand to work on a project unless my house is clean. Strange obsession.

I finally found somebody with the same problem as me <_< I can't do anything unless my house is clean and in order. Have to clear out the head of any chores first. Then the voices for my minis begin.

I finally found somebody with the same problem as me I can't do anything unless my house is clean and in order. Have to clear out the head of any chores first. Then the voices for my minis begin.

Me three!! B) I spent today cleaning and doing laundry after spending the weekend being a total mini-vegetable! Bathrooms tomorrow, piano lesson and out with a friend, then on Wednesday, back to mini-ing (hopefully my order from miniatures.com will have arrived with those doors!)

1. I'm STILL working on the Beacon Hill (honestly, I don't think I'll ever finish!)

2. Going to start back on the Canterbury/Buttercup (Hyacinth's Periwinkle Tea Cottage) sometime this week by finishing the paperclay on the roof.

3. Start back on a quilt I started about 5-6 years ago (have a new friend willing to help!!)

4. And then I'm going to start on the Willowcrest . . . I have major ideas brewing!!

That's my story . . . and I'm sticking to it!! <_<

MiniMadWoman Posted Me three!! I spent today cleaning and doing laundry after spending the weekend being a total mini-vegetable! Bathrooms tomorrow,

Wanna come clean my bathrooms? I keep putting it off. What happen to the good old days when people only had one bath. 3 bathrooms to clean UGH!!! Of course I do enjoy having that many when we have company. <_<

I just finished up Primrose #2 and my Orchid is sitting here waiting for me to work on it. I'm actually going to take a break from the regular dollhouses and work on the 1/4 scale village this week when I have time. The schoolhouse and bakery are both about halfway done, so I hope to complete them tomorrow. The Corona set doesn't include the cardstock shingles, so I'm weighing my options for making my own. I have leftover shingles from the Primrose, and I'm considering cutting them into tiny shingles - fun! I did a textured roof on the schoolhouse which I really like, but I want to do each one differently. I'm thinking of doing a metal looking roof for the church, maybe. Well, this should keep me busy through the weekend and then I REALLY need to get back to the Orchid, as pieces of it are all over the house and we have two VERY naughty ferrets who like to steal small items and hide them where they will never be found.

Hmmmm....well no house yet *pout* but will have 3 to contend with very soon, 1 of them will be my first house *smiles*. But i am working on minies, I just made heart suckers and a valentine heart wreath out of sculpy and an ashtray,lol, *I don't smoke but it just turned out that was what the clay wanted*out of hardening clay (the non- oven kind). Now I'm working on vases using that stuff. As much as I love working with Fimo and Sculpy I really love the hardening clay, i can put so much more detail in it. i wanted to try to do flowers but after many many try's I just don't think i'm ready yet.

I'm having a blast collecting and making minis for my Glencroft. Soon it will be time for the dreaded shingles.

My farmhouse is patiently waiting (although I am not so patient) for clapboard siding to arrive in the mail. It's been sitting quietly for about two weeks.

I've begun to dry fit the Garfield, and many ideas for alterations have surfaced! Also admiring completed Pierce's in the gallery and coming up with ideas for my own.

Right now I am working on getting to the bottom of this big cup of coffee...hahahahaha

I have alot of things going on right now:

The MMHM (mistress marquam hill mansion) is very happy. I have been on a decorating jag lately and she giggles cause it tickles. Working on the office/library (no pics yet). I glued all the flooring for this room and today I have to trim, sand, and stain.

I have a vanity that I am refurbishing for a lil girls birthday present. Also the iron bench that comes with it. I have to go out and pick out a good fabric to re-upholster the seat.

Chelsea is picking out colleges. 1 is in boston and has a tour next month on Columbus day. Dh has to work. I have NEVER driven into Boston and dont want to do it alone!!! I have bad memories of going to visit relatives every year and my mom telling me to clam up when we got near the tunnel! Dad has to concentrate!! The school is near Fenway, so I am going to look into taking the train. The other school is in Philly. They are having a portfolio showing at a local college here in CT so we will go to that and then make plans to drive up to see the school if she is interested...See...my 17 yr old is a project!

As for cleaning the house first b4 I do minis..Ummm NO. I have limited energy. So there are days when I just say..Better Homes and Gardens is NOT coming to take photos so I am not going to worry about it.. <_<

Tomorrow is another day!