doll house that was to be trash

Rita

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you all for the nice comments,I have had a great time working on this house--maybe I have learned a little,that will help me on doing the BH--at least I hope so :yes:

WOW!!!!! :woot: a free house and cheap furniture??? You are one lucky lady! And talented I might add....your house looks wonderful! I love the fence with the little Christmas wreaths! Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see what you do with the interior!!!

Oh my gosh Rita! The house looks great! It's been a while since I check in on this thread - what a surprise to see the outside all done and even decorated for the hollidays :banana: Great Job!!

And the Dollar Tree furniture you found! Wow - I've never seen either of those pieces at any of our Dollar Trees - I guess I'd better keep looking! :banana:

I Love your house! Seeing it now it's hard to imagine that someone was going to toss that in the trash. You've got a real treasure there! :banana:

-David :banana:

Hi Friends

The outside is finished--have added a fence and decorated it for Christmas.What do you think?

Stunning! Wow you work fast!!!! It will be a talking point over the holidays, don't you think?

Thank you for sharig pics!

Hugs

WOW!!!!! :woot: a free house and cheap furniture??? You are one lucky lady! And talented I might add....your house looks wonderful! I love the fence with the little Christmas wreaths! Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see what you do with the interior!!!

I am finding the interior harder to do-guess I will just make it into a family home and will use the slightly larger frniture that was made for me in it.I am coming right along in the inside now--having a ball with it :yes:

Oh my gosh Rita! The house looks great! It's been a while since I check in on this thread - what a surprise to see the outside all done and even decorated for the hollidays :p Great Job!!

And the Dollar Tree furniture you found! Wow - I've never seen either of those pieces at any of our Dollar Trees - I guess I'd better keep looking! :D

I Love your house! Seeing it now it's hard to imagine that someone was going to toss that in the trash. You've got a real treasure there! :D

-David :banana:

Thanks hydroped

yes,I am really glad I rescued this house,I love it!!I am not doing so well on the inside.I noticed when I was putting wallpaper in it,that it's sort of warped (the walls)I did the best I could and it looks fair I guess.When I learn how to do more I may redo the inside.I have cherry wood flooring for the floors,but it has to be cut etc. and I dont know how to do it really.My hubby would put it in but I wanted to do all this myself,so I just used flooring paper.I am hoping to learn to do alot of things in the future--I so love trying to do this stuff ;)

Stunning! Wow you work fast!!!! It will be a talking point over the holidays, don't you think?

Thank you for sharig pics!

Hugs

been working on it alot :D I have alot done on the inside too (but not a perfect job for sure)will post pics of it pretty soon.I am going to try and decorate it up real pretty for christmas with lights etc--what fun I'm having!!lol

I think I will after I get all the regular things like wallpapering done,steps put in etc.I may be finished by Christmas :lol: --anyone have any ideas about what you could use to decorate a miniature tree with?I bought a tree to use for Christmas but, havent been able to find any small enough ornaments to put on it.

any ideas about what you could use to decorate a miniature tree with?

Michael's has mini ornaments, I have "Nutcracker" themed ornaments that look like mini blown glass that I decorate my mini tree with, also a mini creche and packages. I decorate my Cambridge for Christmas every so often.

Thanks shakyshaky and havanholly,I could make some with the beads--great idea--I dont think there is a Michaels close to where I live,but I know where there is one in Harrisonburg where I'll be the 20th of oct.I'll check it out.I am going to another place in va this weekend so I'll check and see if they have a Michaels.

Well I have done a little inside the house--it's not a great job--my first--it's alot harder than the outside lol and also working with warped walls etc.I havent trimmed all the windows yet,nor the door.I may at some time,when I learn more,redo it better.I want to get it done and decorated for the holidays :blush:

post-918-1160517148_thumb.jpg

You're really coming along! Are my eyes deceiving me, or is the front door high enough above the floor that you'll need entry steps into the living room? Nothing like a grand entrance!

You're really coming along! Are my eyes deceiving me, or is the front door high enough above the floor that you'll need entry steps into the living room? Nothing like a grand entrance!

yes,it will need some steps--I tore the others out--they were rotten--I would love to have about 3 circular steps.I can visualize how I would like them to look,but have no idea how to make them lol

yes,it will need some steps--I tore the others out--they were rotten--I would love to have about 3 circular steps.I can visualize how I would like them to look,but have no idea how to make them lol

I made some circular steps for my Willow........I didn't like the orginal steps that came with it, so I took some of the inside window peices from the arched windows, put 2 together and poof! was pretty easy I must say.......

You can make them! Just gotta put your mind to it!!

The house is looking awesome! Such a change from the orginal pics!

It looks great, warped walls and all :welcome:

I also like the idea of those circular stairs...

So happy that you share your progress, and being able to spend lots of mini-time on it is essential for the progress!

Hugs

love what you are doing to your lovely peice of trash! :ohyeah:

it looks so good! and so fast! wowsers!

ok my suggestion for the steps

foamcore covered with paperclay with brick and stone sculpted into it.

and of course I als think they should be a half circle.

it is so nice!

looking forward to more!

nutti :welcome: