doll house that was to be trash

Rita

lol everyone--you have to remember I'm not as talented as you all are :w00t: --you all have great ideas but I wouldnt know where to begin :lol: Thanks so much for the super nice comments!!!!

There's a mini store in Bridgewater! We found it when DH was working out of the H'burg office last month!

Do you remember the exact location of it--I would love to stop by and have a look.I pass right by the bridgewater exit I'm sure.I go quite often to H'burg,I lived there for about 10 years and have friends in the area I go visit.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now you think I could put up a sign at the gate "Old dollhouse no longer wanted/needed by previous owner gladly accepted"?

lol really not a good idea ..... old doer-uppers tend to attract other doer-uppers ................ I now have more than 30 in various stages of incompleteness ............ and we've just found out we have to move house ..... not looking forward to himself's reaction when they start appearing from all their stashed places lol ............. at least the kits are flat! .though there are rather more of those than i'd be happy admitting to .just need a "small" lottery win so i can play with them full time!

Ellen :w00t:

Rita, The Miniature Cottage is next door to 'Tis the Season (which you enter to get to the dh shop) on the main street. If you come in (I think it's 256 or 276) you'll turn left at the light and the shops are on the right hand side.

My father was the health department director until strokes forced him to retire in the late '60s. Until last month I hadn't been in H'burg since 1976!

Ellen, you can tell himself that the dollhouse fairy must have left you all those kits & unfinished houses because you've been such a good girl!

Ellen, you can tell himself that the dollhouse fairy must have left you all those kits & unfinished houses because you've been such a good girl!

Oooooor "blame" it on that you have won them all :devil: in a fabulous forum contest ....

Hugs :thumb:

The transformation of this house is great. You're doing a very good job of restoring it. You could use a small can to draw a circle on the foamcore or a protractor.

it is a pretty big kitchen,do you think the furniture is to big?It is to big for the smaller doll houses.It was handmade for me and it's really pretty,I have a whole house full and I want to use it.I had always wanted to try and do a house on my own so I told a friend to make me some furniture ,and he did,but he made it large lol,anyway when I come across this old house which was going to be trash,I thought oh boy,I can try and fix it and maybe use my furniture too :banana: I think the furniture is a tad big but does it look ok?

Rita, the furniture looks as if it were made for this house, not too big at all. Somehow I get the feeling that the universe knew you had this stash of beautiful furniture and somehow got a house to you that would be perfect for it! :whistle:

Rita, the furniture looks as if it were made for this house, not too big at all. Somehow I get the feeling that the universe knew you had this stash of beautiful furniture and somehow got a house to you that would be perfect for it! :whistle:

I believe you are right :)

I think the furniture is perfect. What a lucky person to have someone who can make such beautiful furniture for you I love the bed, especially.

I am lucky to have him make me furniture,I have no bathroom furniture because he said, I am making this for an old house with no indoor plumbing that has an outside bathroom lol,so I will have to find me some bathroom things :wave:

You're doing such a wonderful job Rita. You should be really proud of yourself! I also agree with everybody else...the furniture looks great! Not too big at all. please continue to post pics, I am really enjoying them!

Thank you Robin :D

Rita I am loving all the pictures!!!! I have to say the nursery is my favorite so far. I love the yellow in the office also.

Thanks suzyQ--I believe the nursery is my fave too--love the wallpaper,I got it on one of the print your own wallpaper sites--also printed the blue geese in the kitchen--only bad thing I used plain paper,where I should have used photo paper (that I was out of at the time)

wow! What potenial! I had a dollhouse similar like the one you have. It is now owned by my sister who has had it move with her for at least 5 times now.

She has changed it from my chosen state and after I had changed it from its orignal appearance. It is always fun and exciting to see someone else get their personal creative juices flowing. And turning it into their own dreams.

Good luck on your new carpentry project. I am looking forward to see it develope.And welcome to the dollhouse madness :D cher

Thanks suzyQ--I believe the nursery is my fave too--love the wallpaper,I got it on one of the print your own wallpaper sites--also printed the blue geese in the kitchen--only bad thing I used plain paper,where I should have used photo paper (that I was out of at the time)

Hi Rita ... I'm curious about printing on photo paper versus regular paper. I wouldn't have thought about printing on photo paper and would probably have tried to seal the paper with matte finish Modge Podge. Why do you wish you had used photo paper?

Hi Rita ... I'm curious about printing on photo paper versus regular paper. I wouldn't have thought about printing on photo paper and would probably have tried to seal the paper with matte finish Modge Podge. Why do you wish you had used photo paper?

When I used the wallpaper paste it made it so flimsy,where it almost soaked through the paper it was hard to work with.maybe I used to much paste,or maybe I shouldnt have used so much of the paste,I tried using less and it wouldnt stick.I have so much to learn :D