Greenleaf's Fifth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Just emailed my entry in. {whew} Wasn't sure I was going to finish it in time! I had this deadline, plus I have to finish crocheting a baby blanket for my grandson (he's due to be born July 8th). I'm so glad I got them both done!

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one past the finish line! :clap: Congrats!

:hidebhind: Soon we will be drunk on eye candy!

As for me, I feel like someone should cue the Rocky music. :spar: I will not be defeated by this deadline! :lol:

i have the rest of the week to devote to the sf....well aside from milking goats, son's 10th bday tomorrow and trying to sell goats this weekend....but putting all else aside to just do sf!!!! congrats to you all who are done!!! and have pictures!!!!! excited!!!!! :banana: :yikes:

Well done Ester, I've finished now too but I haven't sent in my entry yet.

Finally got some pictures that I like. Family aren't too interested in choosing the pics - they've been staring at this thing for weeks now on the dining room table and are probably all flung out too. Still debating which detail pic to include which is why I haven't submitted anything - may change my mind 6 times between now and the deadline. Fling on everyone.

Sad thing is that I'll have to pack it all away and put it in the attic this weekend because there is just nowhere to keep it in my house.

Sad thing is that I'll have to pack it all away and put it in the attic this weekend because there is just nowhere to keep it in my house.

Yay Esther!!! Good for you!

Brae - I feel your pain! Worked on landscaping today and managed to cut main electrical line into the house and somehow managed to fix it - thank God! Not super happy with the landscaping, but it is my first time. Can't wait to furnish the inside!

I'm in the same boat as many of you with no room for it, but I can't stop staring at it and being so proud i actually am going to finish it and on time!

I saw that HBS deeply discounted their contest kit, but I am officially contested all out for the year, not to mention the lack of room. I am excited to finish and dedicate the rest of my summer to my daughter, who has been very jealous of time spent with my fling.

5 more days!!!

This is the second time the Fling has argued with me about my choice of lighting. The first time, the light wouldn't work so I dragged something out of my stash since I didn't have time to figure it out. Tonight, the same thing happened with a different set of lights but I insisted I had nothing to replace those lamps. And, there is no time to order and wait for shipping! The Fling insisted I look again. <_< Well, there's egg on my face again...the lights I found in my storage box were indeed better. :giggle: I hope we're done arguing tonight. :lol:

Glad you got the lights sorted out Brae, there's nothing so frustrating as failed electrics in my book. I had my share with this build too.

Well, I've sent in my entry - done dusted and the fling has now been emptied, everything packed away and I'm waiting for John to come home to help me get it up in the loft. My cats find my houses far too interesting to leave it downstairs.

Fling on guys and good luck on the final furlong.

i worked on mine yesterday though felt like crap with allergies/cold? faucet nose....but got some final trim up, cut holes for the dormers (which is gonna create issues!) and worked on my fireplace which changed its mind, and still is changing its mind! sooooo much to do! I have no room either but kind of created a space that it will go as i have no storage space anywhere! measured the base to make sure it fits in a space on our upright oldddd piano....will have to pull piano a bit from the wall to make it not hang over but it will work! my daughter (13) was happy to find out we get to keep it LOL..she thought i was supposed to mail it in for the contest! LOL ...here is the beginning of the cut out for the dormers, a little sneak peak! today is son's bday so that means not much will get done today!! well unless i stay up late LOL

post-5162-0-94020100-1309362201_thumb.jp

Aww Julie, hope you're feeling better soon and wish your son a happy birthday from me and everyone else here.

Your roof is looking good - good luck with the dormers.

Here's a sneak peek of mine too.

post-4015-0-27121800-1309364317_thumb.jp

Julie - love the two dormers on the kit. Really smart shingling first and cutting second - I did it the other way around and it was such a pain!

Jo - as usual, looking just beautiful and can't wait to see more.

I have left the rest of the landscaping for last in hopes that inspiration will strike and it won't be as flat as it is turning out. So tired of burning myself with my glue gun; two fingers with blisters. Ah, the price of art! lol

Thanks everyone! I feel better today thankfully!!! but got so little done....went to town (which is 45 miles away from us) to take son to the movies, Cars 2 (fun movie)....so long day and still dinner cake and ice cream!

Jo! very pretty and intriguing!!!! yeah i forgot about the dormers when i put the roof on! LOL and then didnt get to order them soon enough for my comfort, but should be ok...i will likely not get pics in till sunday!!! need to finish my fireplace today!!! landscaping is all done, need to dress dolls though of course, and make furniture! though i may have to settle for something other than chairs? LOL sooo much to do! cannot wait to see everyone's!!!! :banana:

I'm there, too...the final push. I'm not looking at what I didn't have time for...just what needs to be done...in order, without stressing about it. Each thing checked off gets me closer. Plenty of time, I keep telling myself. :lol:

i am soooooo immersed! and then think i have all but done the structure...i think??? then something else comes up! LOL but i am determined the structure will be complete today and then finishing details (and of course dressing dolls)....and i officially will NOT be taking it to the lake for pics as it will not fit in my car :unsure: I must say shingling the cupola was not very much fun!!!! :blink:

I think you can have any kind of photos you want. My front shots last year looked flat whereas the angle showed the side room and the barn. Just pick what shows the most at best angle. :D

My cupola got scrapped...no time for it. :lol:

I only have two pillows to sew, a couple of pieces of roof trim, and base trim on the platform and I am done! OK, might have a few "want to" projects I may try to get to. Putting off the inevitable - once I am done I will have to clean up my work space, and it is a disaster!

I just told DH we will be carrying it outside for pics this weekend and I got the "you're nuts!" look. Took some practice photos to check out how it looks - you know how minis photograph and that little string shows or you see the lamp is crooked, etc.

Worst of all, I just bought a RGT Newport off of ebay for $100 (including delivery! I would have been nuts NOT getting it, right?). Gonna have to stash it somewhere for a while away from the husband's eyes. Then in 6 mos. I will drag it out and like a new dress, brush it off with a, "that 'ol thing! Why I've had it in my closet for months!"

Tee hee guffaw giggle giggle snort giggle