Greenleaf's Fifth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Quelle dommage on only one sign, Jo; any way to make another using the correctly spelled one?

LOL Holly, no I tried to adapt the misspelled ones but they looked even worse so I'm settling for one sign.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow you really have been chatting away while I was gone :ohyeah: love reading all this. The sf build is moving at snail’s pace. But wow how great the laser cut is. I love this little house but decided no bashing for me. So no c ...... as I planned. In fact my whole idea is out of the window. Why do I always do this. The moment I start deciding the colors everything changes. I think it's the house talking to me :ohyeah: .

Just finished mine!!! Happy day! Now, to beat the rain and get some pictures tomorrow. :) Plan is in place and I am ready to go!

ONly 8 days left fellow flingers!

Just finished mine!!! Happy day! Now, to beat the rain and get some pictures tomorrow. :) Plan is in place and I am ready to go!

ONly 8 days left fellow flingers!

Yeayyyyy Lyssa, well done. Now for the hard part - taking pics. Thanks for reminding me about the deadline because I still haven't got any half decent pictures - must get a move on.

Congrats, Lyssa! I'm starting to sweat a bit hoping to get everything done in time, myself. Kind of stuck on a part, and usually when I get stuck like this I sit on it for a few weeks, but I obviously don't have that luxury!

Let's see, I have the following left to do:

- roof

- a few pieces of trim to stain and install

- two pieces to upholster

- printing and framing the artwork

- hardscaping and landscaping

- then just setting it up and taking pics

Yeah, 8 days should be plenty (secretly sweating!!!!)

Wow! Everyone's been so busy! I definitly won't be entering ....still in dry fit....oops... Just couldn't get the motivation to start working on it. I have an idea, very detailed and I thought about it so much waiting for the kit and supplies, that it's like I've already done it so actually doing it is like repeating myself. :unsure: Ok now I just sound crazy LOL Good luck everyone! Looking forward to the great reveal!

So what's up??? I'm flingin away like crazy here, definitely NOT done and I read only 8 days left. I thought the deadline was July4th, what's up????????

I am not sure how anyone can be done. That has got to be some really great planning. Great job!

Can't wait to see everyone's photos. Speaking of....................these photos have been an issue since day one for me. Not enough, which ones, now....................I'm thinking I don't have a camera I like for taking the pictures!!!! Told hubby and hmmmm...........................guess he has a new camera at work I get to use. Yea!!!!!!

Hope everyone is still having as much fun as I am. All of my ____________________ arrived today and that is good because I am thinking that will be last. The _____________ and ________________ are done but the darn to do list just keeps getting longer!!!!

Morgan

Took 115 pictures yesterday. Narrowed it down to ten and of those ten, I am definitely sure of 2. I think the last one will be an eeny meeny miney moe thing. ;)

OH! And deep apologies to my late night inability to count! As of right now, dependent on your geographical location, there is 9.5 days left. :) I don't usually count the day I am working and I don't count the 4th since it is the deadline. Hope nobody is really scrambling too bad!!!

FLING ON! Can't wait to see the gallery's in a few days!

Lyssa: 115 photos!!! I don't have time to take 100 photos! You are really stepping up the game. I also like your countdown methodology. 8 days until a glutton of eye candy!

I keep forgetting about all of the different add-ons to this kit that were available, thinking only about what is in front of me. All of the possibilities. But I gotta stop thinking about it and stay on track.

I have already decided what to name the kit when I win and what I will buy with the prize money, lol. Just kidding, of course, but it sure is fun to dream. Started tackling the roof and feeling a little bit better about The List of Things Left To Do.

Fling on, my friends!

I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere! Still so much to do, but I feel much better about it. And, I still have tonight and tomorrow to dedicate a lot of time to it before the final stretch next week.

It's fun to read all your posts - I imagine a racetrack filled with miniaturists working away at their creations (all on wheeled worktables, of course). Sounds like there's a couple out in front, but mostly you're neck and neck, with a few coming up from behind for the final lap. It's anybody's race at this point!

C'mon, Flingers - keep on flinging! :groupwave:

Hit a snag yesterday...accidentally cut three wires while installing the kitchen floor. :doh: Had to pry off part of the exterior finish and come up with a way around the problem. <_< John put on his subcontractor hat and helped me with the new plan. :D Crisis averted! Moving like the wind today...fling, fling, fling! :ohyeah:

Ack Brae! I hate that. I did the same thing when I installed the kitchen floor in my BH, cut right through the tape in the seam between the floor and wall. I had to peel off wallpaper and floor and do some creative splicing with little bitty wires on the tape!

Glad you got your problem solved quickly! :)

Can't wait to see everyone's creations!!

I worked on cleaning up my work room today and started some work on a puzzle house. Something nice and small for after the Fling. I also wrote up my blog post showing the final build and all the details. It is sitting in the archive and I will post it at 12:01 on the 5th. :) Still mulling over which pictures to use. The hard part has begun!!! To make me feel better, I am loading for the Fling Album that I will make public when I can.

I hope everyone is as happy with there final product as I am with mine. I don't even care about placing now! (though it sure would be nice to since I have an extensive wish list in the GL store ;) )

Well, I'm going to have another try today to get a decent picture of this fling - wish me luck I'm a rubbish photographer - if I get a good shot its purely luck. The problem for me is that you have to be so far away to get it all in shot and then you can't really see much.

Second problem is that once I've taken a front and back picture, I have to choose just one more and that's the hard bit - which bit should I choose its a big building after all.

Hope to make an album today but not sure if I'll put it on here as the detail will be lost in compressed pics. Maybe Facebook, I can load pic pics on there.

I expect everyone else is having the same problems so apologies for whining.