A setback on my surgery . . .

Well, as most of you know, I've recently had some surgery. Since it was out-patient, I VERY mistakenly thought it would be a breeze. Not only was I wrong, but I have had to miss a lot of (unpaid) work, and I am getting ready to miss more . . . per doctor's orders. During a check-up and partial removal of stitches yesterday, he very strictly told me to "stay off work until told otherwise", "take it easy" and "just rest". Hmmm, after thinking about it - and I know he really wanted me to hit the bed and stay there, I thought . . . "Wait a minute . . . I can sit in the bed and work on my GL Diana kit". O.K. - probably not what he had in mind, but for me . . . fairly sedentary. At any rate, I have TOTALLY built the basic structure tonight, and I am getting super excited about "doing it up". I love this kit so much - I probably paid a lot more on Ebay than the kit originally cost from GL, but since it isn't available anymore, I'm not complaining.

I'll post progress pics as soon as I can. I probably won't venture downstairs for the photos for a bit, but they will come when possible. I am still working out what I want the interior and theme to be, but honestly . . . this is another example of Greenleaf making a very cool kit. I can't help but think this one will be released again sometime . . . it's just too pretty to be left "out in the cold".

And, MANY thanks to my awesome friend, Sherry . . . note: I thought about stuffing those pillows, but decided I might be able to do a bit more. You are always so great in inspiring me, and of course . . . I totally aspire to reaching the heights you do in the miniature world.

Watch for those pics, coming soon!

Take care Rhonda and follow doctor's orders. I can't believe you built a dollhouse whilst confined to bed, looking forward to seeing this little beauty when you are well enough.

Darn it, girl! I was counting on you to stuff those pillows for me! Seriously, don't overdo things. Maybe a compromise, and at least avoid climbing on the roof to shingle your house? Take care, and enjoy your time at home, even if it wasn't something you had planned!

Well, as most of you know, I've recently had some surgery. Since it was out-patient, I VERY mistakenly thought it would be a breeze. Not only was I wrong, but I have had to miss a lot of (unpaid) work, and I am getting ready to miss more . . . per doctor's orders. During a check-up and partial removal of stitches yesterday, he very strictly told me to "stay off work until told otherwise", "take it easy" and "just rest". Hmmm, after thinking about it - and I know he really wanted me to hit the bed and stay there, I thought . . . "Wait a minute . . . I can sit in the bed and work on my GL Diana kit". O.K. - probably not what he had in mind, but for me . . . fairly sedentary. At any rate, I have TOTALLY built the basic structure tonight, and I am getting super excited about "doing it up". I love this kit so much - I probably paid a lot more on Ebay than the kit originally cost from GL, but since it isn't available anymore, I'm not complaining.

I'll post progress pics as soon as I can. I probably won't venture downstairs for the photos for a bit, but they will come when possible. I am still working out what I want the interior and theme to be, but honestly . . . this is another example of Greenleaf making a very cool kit. I can't help but think this one will be released again sometime . . . it's just too pretty to be left "out in the cold".

And, MANY thanks to my awesome friend, Sherry . . . note: I thought about stuffing those pillows, but decided I might be able to do a bit more. You are always so great in inspiring me, and of course . . . I totally aspire to reaching the heights you do in the miniature world.

Watch for those pics, coming soon!

The pictures can wait, you need to heal!

Take care Rhonda and follow doctor's orders. I can't believe you built a dollhouse whilst confined to bed, looking forward to seeing this little beauty when you are well enough.
You can build a dh ANYWHERE! if you're deprived enough!

Rest and feel better Rhonda! Dang! You build from your bed... that is so cool! Just watch out for splinters and don't glue yourself to the sheets! :p

That would be hard to explain to the doctor! Roxxie, only you would think of that! :roflmao:

HMMmmmm, are you REALLY in bed or sitting on the side with a card table in front of you?????? Any how wish you a speedy recovery and lots of fun with your new project!!!

Yes, pictures when you can please!! Get well! :p