And the Workshop Begins!

LOL....well if it wouldnt take all weekend to get here this could be a plan! :yes:

Im really glad for you that you are getting such wonderful spaces to build in....of course I can see through this diabolical scheme of yours.....with all of the building stuff out of the house you will now have more room for Displaying those finished houses! ;)

and no excuses for not building! :D

will the new shop be the same as the one just finished?

nutti :hmm:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy loves meatloaf doesn't he? I'll be needing a new barn around May 14th! ;)

The cats are looking at me funny because I'm laughing my head off! That's hilarious! Yes, he does love meatloaf!

linda, your Jimmy IS the deluxe model. what a great guy!

maybe the new workshop will his 'n hers sinks? :)

hope to see the blueprints soon, and congrats on your on-the-way Workshop II!

• 2 weeks later...

Pictures at last!

Here's the beginning of the foundation. Jimmy decided to angle this workshop so that I could view the driveway from the window.

post-6-1177250206_thumb.jpgpost-6-1177250217_thumb.jpg

Then he started framing it in. I told him when he got to this point that he should go ahead and put the windows in so that they could be shut to keep the cold out, LOL! All of this was done in one day.

post-6-1177250332_thumb.jpgpost-6-1177250346_thumb.jpg

post-6-1177250361_thumb.jpg

The second day he put up walls and windows and the roof and the door.

post-6-1177250441_thumb.jpgpost-6-1177250454_thumb.jpg

post-6-1177250463_thumb.jpgpost-6-1177250477_thumb.jpg

The third day he started building decks and putting on trim.

post-6-1177250563_thumb.jpgpost-6-1177250575_thumb.jpgpost-6-1177250584_thumb.jpg

WOW :thumb:

he is quick!

it looks great!

do yall insulate and sheetrock the inside?

Dean says in the fall he will start my shop

city wont be doing their annula spring clean pick up so he will have to haul all the crap in the shed to the dump. and than I can get my work shop/display area!

this is sooo kewl watching your progress! he is as quick with this as he is with the dollhouses

kudos!

nutti ;)

Its so nice to have a handy man around. But I believe looking at that trim, that Jimmy is enjoying building a BIG dollhouse. Looking good, by next weekend at this rate you will be ready to move in.

BTW, we all know how easily confused I am, but looking at the first picture of the 2nd day, I thought WOW she's getting 2 doors, then was totally confused to see a window in its place in the 2nd pic. Looked at the 3rd pic to see if he pieced the wood. and only then did the light bulb come on and I realized in the 1st pic that the door was propped against the window opening.

I'm slow but sure. :thumb:

he is quick!

it looks great!

do yall insulate and sheetrock the inside?

Dean says in the fall he will start my shop

nutti :thumb:

Yes, he is quick isn't he Nutti! He's surprised me with how quick this one has gone. Yes, we insulate and sheetrock the insides too.

I am glad that Dean is getting going on your shop! You will LOVE having your own space to work in!

Its so nice to have a handy man around. But I believe looking at that trim, that Jimmy is enjoying building a BIG dollhouse.

Yep, he says a dollhouse workshop has to look like a dollhouse. I don't know why.

congrats to you and jimmy, linda!

that shop is gonna be TDF, like the first, and you two deserve fine places for your on-going and finished pieces.

:wave:

I want a workshop too! But the one I want is a double-wide mobile home - it would look great next to the house under the balcony!

Wolfie

Hmmm.... You can get some good square footage with that, with lots of rooms for various projects! I like it!