And the Workshop Begins!

Well .... are y'all ready for this? Are you really ready? Sure?

I dunno why he did this, really I don't. I came home, and there it was.

But I do like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-6-1151887577_thumb.jpgpost-6-1151887589_thumb.jpg

Ok Terri, you win. I do have a sink, but I only have cold water. And the a/c is in. It even has a remote control. Gonna have to hide that from Jimmy though.

post-6-1151887599_thumb.jpgpost-6-1151887608_thumb.jpgpost-6-1151887619_thumb.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it too Nutti! Everybody knows how much I love porches! I was absolutely stunned!

Moving day is not until there's a work table in there. Needs to make it soon. I'm itching to get started!

What's a fairy door?

LOL!!!I knew Jimmy would come through! Cold water is better than no water. I love the porch. Looks big enough to set up a table and paint a house there.

Of course you need a fairy door. I've been looking for a place to put one by the back door. I want it in the chimney but that idea got shot down as soon as he found out he'd have to go through brick.

Linda you tell Jimmy we are all envious. What a great workshop. The porch and the trim are great additions. I'm glad you've got a sink, it will prove very useful.

I think the porch is a wonderful idea, with a rocking chair or bench & table you've got a great place to wait for the glue/ paint/ wallpaper to dry and drink a glass of tea.

LOL!!!I knew Jimmy would come through! Cold water is better than no water. I love the porch. Looks big enough to set up a table and paint a house there.

Of course you need a fairy door. I've been looking for a place to put one by the back door. I want it in the chimney but that idea got shot down as soon as he found out he'd have to go through brick.

Thanks Terri! Yep, gotta find a table and chair for out there. I like running water, and cold is fine with me. Probably come winter he'll figure out another way just to show that he can. Men ...

Linda you tell Jimmy we are all envious. What a great workshop. The porch and the trim are great additions. I'm glad you've got a sink, it will prove very useful.

I will tell him Peggi!

I love the workshop Linda! That is the perfect size and you have a porch. Jimmy is quite the handy man to have around.

Thanks Josi!

I'll be darned if I can find the post with the link, but there were all sorts of fairy doors, I think one was in a teashop and I remember one by a fireplace.

Been trying to figure out that fairy door, but I still don't know what you all are talking about. Maybe if I had a nice picture to look at?

Jimmy's after me to start painting, so I guess I'd best go get some paint ...

Linda, the Workshop Looks Wonderful and the porch really makes it look so different from before! Get that table so you can move on in honey!

Thanks Tracy! No, Jimmy's supposed to build the central table. I can start taking my paint cans in there though!

Tracy's link version takes you straight to the pictures of the fairy doors, and when you click on the door picture it takes you to where it has been installed. If you have leftover Houseworks doors or make your own doors in frames, or don't use one in a kit, you can make it up and then install it anywhere you want a "fairy door". You could put one on the workshop porch near the front door and paint it to match your door.

Okay Linda, this one is one of my favorite farie doors:

http://www.urban-fairies.com/Sweetwaters.html

This is my ultimate favorite cause I love the door in the fireplace mantle:

http://www.urban-fairies.com/Lakewood.html

Opps this is the one:

http://www.urban-fairies.com/Fireplace.html

Scrool down to see all the pictures on each link

Thanks everyone! I'm still thinking about the fairy door. I have some plastic doors somewhere. Guess what? Tuesday morning, since I don't have a wheelbarrow, I took my seed/fertilizer spreader thingy and loaded it up with paints and made SEVERAL trips to the dollhouse workshop. So now my paints are on their shelves. Gotta get the rest from the other house ....

I think I'm gonna go get the paint for the exterior tonight, and start painting.

So Linda, Did you go pick out some paint colors? Ya know we wanna see them.

Yep. Went to Home Depot, picked me out three different colors and had them make it up, and got me some paint brushes.

Of course, it's raining here. And it's gonna rain for the next couple days .... can't do no painting outside. Drats. Gonna stain the porch floor boards though, done decided.

• 2 weeks later...

No new pix of the workshop, but did I mention that Jimmy is finally taking the back deck to the pool now? Chloe loves going outside while Jimmy is working. Doesn't even mind the saws. However, when she discovered she could walk on the deck and view that HUGE water bowl, she got a bit nervous, but she got over it.

post-6-1153417359_thumb.jpgpost-6-1153417370_thumb.jpg