And the Workshop Begins!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Still haven't finished painting the workshop, and haven't wallpapered the interior yet. Whenever I had time to paint it was either raining or too cold! We have one coat on most of it though, but we have to get more paint. Still have a ways to go, and I'm looking forward to spring so I can play!

post-6-1171769713_thumb.jpg

post-6-1171769729_thumb.jpg

post-6-1171769743_thumb.jpg

Still haven't finished painting the workshop, and haven't wallpapered the interior yet. Whenever I had time to paint it was either raining or too cold! We have one coat on most of it though, but we have to get more paint. Still have a ways to go, and I'm looking forward to spring so I can play!

Linda, it's just gorgeous! I love the paint and the gingerbread. It really does look like a big dollhouse. The only question I have is how in the world are you going to turn this one upside down to wallpaper it?

Deb

OHHHH so cute. You lucky girl, I'm so jealous! Definately a dollhouse for making dollhouses, what a great concept and I love the colors. Jimmy did an outstanding job on this. Are you building in there yet? Will you have your computer in there, a tv? I have to have a tv where I work or music.

wow, Linda and Jimmy, the workshop is just wonderful!!

love the colors, the design, the trim, the porch, the shelves, the sink, everything!!

congratulations to you both on the Big Dollhouse build. :wub:

A major congratulation to the absolutley grand addition, your own "studio" wow!!!! And you managed to paint it all without turning it upside down :wub: or did Jimmy hook you up in that contraption you mentioned earlier ;)

It looks absolutley gorgeous and I am just slightly (ok a lot then LOL) envious of such a perfect work area!!! Hmmm,

that is something I will add to the list for the next house we may move into....

So you think Jimmy might take on comissions???

Hugs and thanks for sharing!

That is just too cool!! its beautiful!

It looks so adorable. Like a big dollhouse!!!

:) kinda looks like the "adams" kit. lol

love it!! im so jealous!! cant wait to see the inside ;)

Thanks everyone! Yes, I managed to paint it with it standing upright, LOL! No tilting, no rigged contraption. Even stood on ladders too.

Noooo tilting, no nothing, just regular painting up and down??? Serious??? :ohyeah: Well then, one should try everything atleast once I suppose.... Loving what you have done with it. Have you had a "house warming party" yet, ie started using it???

Hugs

Outstanding job - you and Jimmy are such hard workers! How lovely to have your very own workshop. My Grandpa used to have a little workshop at the bottom of his garden in England. As a young child I loved to spend time there, inhaling the fresh, woodsy smell of the sawdust, and examining all the little glass jars full of nails, screws, nuts and bolts. He let my brothers and I tinker around with the wood scraps. I was happy just putting a piece of wood in a vice, tightening it up, and then releasing it again. I would go into raptures if I had a workshop like yours. Congratulations - you deserve it!

• 1 month later...

Ok now Im going to be Jealous!

2 workshops?

how exciting for you!

sooo when shall we expext you here....I got the building

it just needs Jimmy to whip it into shape! ;)

keep us posted for sure!

nutti :yes:

sooo when shall we expext you here....I got the building

it just needs Jimmy to whip it into shape! ;)

nutti :yes:

What you need to do Nutti is tell Jimmy to come on up for the weekend and tell him that you are cooking all his favorites. Then when he gets there say hey Jimmy what should we do with that pile of wood in the back yard? He and your hubby would have a great time playing. You just have to feed him, that's all. You'd be amazed how many heating and air systems got installed and how many plumbing jobs got done that way ....