Lighted Bottle Brush Christmas Trees at Home Depot

what2craftnow

Ok ya'll ~ I found some lighted Christmas trees, as well as a bag of assorted size bottle brush trees at the Home Depot today for very reasonable prices! You can get (2) lighted 6" trees in a pkg. for under $10 ~ they have bottle brush trees AND 2 types of other trees (9") that are lit as well - one is plain brown "bark", one "birch" (paper wrapped trunks). All have colored light strands that blink. They are pretty cute, and I thought the prices were way better than Lemax trees. I got a bag of 21 assorted size bottle brush trees for $5.98 (yes, they have that icky snow stuff on them, but I usually scratch that off and either paint them with a more pleasant green, or glue on clumps of that green clump "stuff" they sell for train layout foliage/bushes to make them look more realistic). I also usually pull off the plastic base they have on them and just stick the wire end into foamcore I use as my project's base. Lots of possibilities here!! :p

They also have oodles of resin people, and winter village accessory type stuff (i.e. snowmen, lamp posts, hedges, benches) that would all work pretty well (at least I think) for you that are doing any 1/2" scale projects. I got (2) 12 pc. sets with people, trees, etc. for $9.97 each. I think some of the items could work in 1:12, but I haven't taken them out of packaging yet to check "scale". I'm sure I'll find ways to use them at any rate. They are manufactured by a co. called Home Accents Holiday. I tell ya, I had the darndest time trying to decide which to get - they had so many. Am thinkin' I will head back there tomorrow to get a few more...hehehe

I will post pictures of the ones I got if I can get my darn camera to cooperate. :thumb: Besides, at this hour of the morning, not much good lighting for pic taking anyway :)

Just thought I would share the info. with those who might be landscaping a project for a Christmas scene.

Whoa! Slow down , I am still working on my Halloween Theme...........with Christmas on hold....

Meanwhile I will RUN out to Home Depot today to get those trees.............. I really need to stop this obsession with minis because my real house is going to ......(the dogs) ..HA ! :ohyeah: Thanks for the tip!

LOL I have some of those birch trees. I use the bottle brush trees plus those for my dept 56 village. Gee I don't know where I will find room for my village now! Running out of space!

Sherry I was in Dollar Tree today they have tons of small trees, battery operated lights and other goodies.

Hey everyone, I was at Walmart today and they have some outside hedges and white fenses that are battery opersted with led lights. They are located in their christmas village part of the store. They were around $8.00. Their really cute. Just wanted to let everyone know.

In the Christmas section at my Walmart, they had four kinds of non-lighted trees/shrubs in four different sizes ranging from 50 cents to 2.00 each depending on the size and shape. :p They also had the lighted village ones plus accessories too.

We were apparently the first people to look at the tree boxes b'cuz nothing had been touched in the boxes and after Twinkle and I got done looking for the "good" ones, it looked like a tornado went thru. We tried our best to rearrange them but it definitely wasn't the same !!! :(

We ended up with 2 huge bags of them - all four sizes and all four kinds - of course, only the bestest ones came home with us. The yucky ones we left for the unsuspecting Christmas decorators. :ohyeah:

We got some of the Dollar Tree ones too. Ours had the non-evergreen ones that were pretty good looking, a little small but cheap !! :D