I'm a domain!

Deb

I finally got around to setting up my website. (many, many, many little birdies were harmed in the process, but the feral cats are quite happy) After all the problems with webshots and the fact that they aren't especially reliable, I decided to just get my own domain.

Wanna see? Let me know what you think of the layout, etc. I really want it to be user friendly and easy to navigate without having to drill thru a dozen layers. The only problem is that the galleries may not be compatible with Mozilla browsers (won't scroll the slide show or enlarge the thumbnails) Mozilla doesn't seem to have the plug-in's that Frontpage uses for them. Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.debsminis.com/

Deb

Very impressive!! You did a fabulous job on the webpages. I was hoping to write in the guestbook, let us know if you bother with one? I love all of the little minis you've made and of course, your houses are exceptional. You did good, Deb. I enjoyed all of the pages.

Awesome Site Deb! Way to go!! I checked out all the buttons - super easy to navigate - Great photos!

Now, when can you teach me how to do that lol :lol: - just kidding - I've been saying for years that someday I'd get around to doing one.. it hasn't reached the top of my to do list but when it does I may come knocking at your door :angry:

-David

Deb: It looks great is easy to navigate and I had forgotten about your wizard's and Librarian houses. I also had forgotten about your textile arts. Great job on all. It is marked as a favorite.

Looks great, Deb! Like everyone else has said, it's very straightforward and easy to find what you're looking for. I am using Firefox as my browser and the galleries seem fine to me.

<sigh of relief> Thanks everybody. I'm really relieved to know it works (even in Firefox! Yay!) and that it's easy to navigate. I have an aversion to websites that are all bells and whistles that are distracting from the content and make it hard to navigate. But it's easy to overcomplicate or over simplify when building a site so your input was really what I needed. :lol: I'll leave it the way it is.

David, it's easier to build a site than you'd think. I used Front Page which has a WYSIWYG (what you see it what you get). It's a lot of "point and click", and wizards and pretty straightforward to use--no html knowledge required. Bruce built my buttons for me and the background is a theme from FrontPage. The galleries are super easy to build. The only real trouble I had was with figuring out the crazy way the galleries FTP to the domain. Once I got that figured out, it was fairly easy. Anyway, you can get a free webspace at Yahoo which is a great way to practice building a site and it's kinda fun in the process. Give it a try! I bet you'd be good at it.

Deb