Greenleaf's Third Annual Spring Fling Contest

Becky, I really love your Fling! Great details--especially the mini-Fling :yes:

Well, I suppose it's after 6pm eastern time...maybe tomorrow will be the day....do you think we'll have to wait til Monday....We'll need lots of snacks and comfort food to tide us over,lol :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Mackeral...did I see a teeny tiny SF'09 house??????How clever.

And did someone mention Chocolate cake on the previous page?? Virtual cake is the

only cake I'll see for a while..thanks to South Beach Dieting..Sigh....

another morning and nothing :dunno::D i think i'll give up on the refreshing of the album...my fingers worn out...:sad_2:

ok plans for the weekend wait out?...we need food...a few small minis to make while at the computer...maybe cocktails ready for the big reveal? :gleam: :yes:

The greenhouse is brilliant !! the staircase is great !!

I think there should be no down sad thoughts only try to have good ones !! Everyone did such great work and had fun ...flinging makes me smile and gives me a time limit which for me helps me get it done . lol

Part of the whole thing is to have fun ! And I want chocolate cake ...I love chocolate !!

I am looking at all your fling entries and must say they are all just great. I did not get a chance to finnish mine but, good thing, I wouldn't have stood a chance against all of you. Nicely done all of you. I cant wait to see more detailed pix of all. For sure, you are all winners in your own right. Well done and congratulations to all !

Thank you everyone that tried to figure out why I couldn't upload to my gallery.

THEY did unlock it for me... But guess what it is unlocked now and I plan on uploading lots of pics

only because this is my VERY FIRST HOUSE that I ever did, so keep an eye out for them over the weekend, I have lots of close ups during the process of making the house.

I am not going to be in this weekend, so if they announce the winners it won't be before monday that I hear of it.

:D But my weekend is going to be so much fun...

Who ever heard of the RedHat Society?

The Red Hat Society is very popular here in the states. There is even a Pink Hat Society for the 40-somethings. Don't you ladies get too wild...I've heard stories about some of the get-togethers. :yes:

There was a dance teachers convention in town a couple of years ago and my friend, a queen in the RHS and master costumer was contacted by the convention organizers to provide suitable attire for the Red Hat Ballet. I made one, with a large round brim in red burnout velvet and purple maribou around the base of the crown. We had alot of fun making hats at our get-together. One hat was made out of a lampshade, and another from a dogfood bowl. Dollhouse people aren't the only people looking at objects with an eye for alternative uses. In fact at a costume convention I attended there was a panel titled "Costuming at Home Depot" :yes:

Lynette, your story about the hats reminds me of a hat we PHNs from the School Health program got together and made for a "Fahsion

Show" fundraiser for the March of Dimes; It was a huge straw hat and I volunteered one of my Tudor wooden cradles and two swaddled babies (one in pink & one in blue) to go on the crown, along with several baby shower party favors. I was supposed to have gotten the cradle back; I'm resigned that it vanished in a "good cause". And the Red Hats are alive and well all over!

We are leaving on our latest two-week trip in the AM on Saturday and it's Friday already and still no pictures! Gee whiz, it'll be TWO WEEKS before I'll get to see all the entries in one place! I'm in agony, I tells ya!

2 weeks!!!!!! omg there has to be a way....all this waiting and now 2 weeks more :D maybe we can telepathically send them too you :sad_2:

but there again we might be still waiting too :yes:

2 weeks!!!!!! omg there has to be a way....all this waiting and now 2 weeks more :D maybe we can telepathically send them too you :sad_2:

but there again we might be still waiting too :yes:

Looks like this year they are waiting to figure out the winners before posting the gallery :gleam:.

I've never seen Dean so quiet on the subject...quiet...secretive...ummm Dean?

hmmmmm yes it has been quiet......maybe he thinks the album is public and no one is looking :gleam:.......maybe the judges are locked in the judging room because they just cant decide :D .......maybe he is thinking of ways of how he can afford to award us ALL 1st place :sad_2: .....maybe its just so darn hard to decide they have given up and have taken the week off!!! :yes:

I think I'm going to be breaking out in lines of "Anticipation"...you know the old Carly Simon song used for the ketchup commercial,lol I much perfer the idea that he is figuring out how he's going to give us all a prize...I have a few things picked out at the Greenleaf store :yes:

Oh Holly, and anyone else out of WiFi range (for the weekend and longer), hopefully your plans will keep you soooo busy and you'll be having sooo much fun, you'll forget all about the Flings....lol...wishful thinking right?!

Oh well, before I go to work tonite for 12 hours I'm going to do some late spring cleaning and reorganizing!! I cleaned out my big "odds and ends" closet last night, and found all kinds of things I forgot I had...stencils, clay, fabric...what a nice suprise! Also, in this closet I keep all the kids special drawings, and report cards, and kindergarten graduation (cardboard ) graduation caps, and pictures---it was fun to look through lots of memories!

Ok, I"m off (well pretty soon) to do things to take my mind off Flings....

Oh Holly, and anyone else out of WiFi range (for the weekend and longer), hopefully your plans will keep you soooo busy and you'll be having sooo much fun, you'll forget all about the Flings....lol...wishful thinking right?!
Actually we'll be so busy playing hard that I might very well forget all about it until I get home again and have a wonderful surprise waiting in the Gallery (right!)

I cannot get over how talented you all are! WOW!!!!!!

Love all of them that has been show so far...

Each one has something so unique.. I can't get over the talent!

I hope that you ALL rub off on me please :yes: