what did you buy from the 50% off sale?

ilovecats

I didn't spend much, I bought Chrysnbon! I got another bathroom kit for the Coventry Cottage and two of the gray cookware sets to paint and use PRN. I also got the pitcher & glasses set for the Coventry (lemonade pitcher for the porch) and the set of candy dishes.

I got the RGT front opening shoppe. :D It's on back order. :D But that's okay since I won't be building it any time soon. I'm just looking forward to petting it.

Deb

I bought the Beacon Hill.

Meeee ttoooooo!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous house isn't it! Congratulations and hello! margarita

I got the RGT front opening shoppe. :D It's on back order. :huh: But that's okay since I won't be building it any time soon. I'm just looking forward to petting it.

Deb

Deb, that's cool! It's a neat looking kit. I will build mine someday! :D I want to make a hobby/dollhouse store out of it. It's gonna be called A & M hobbies or something like that...A for Andrew, M for Margarita :D

Do you know what you will make out of it yet?

Deb, that's cool! It's a neat looking kit. I will build mine someday! :D I want to make a hobby/dollhouse store out of it. It's gonna be called A & M hobbies or something like that...A for Andrew, M for Margarita :D

Do you know what you will make out of it yet?

I'm enamoured of the upstairs and all the built in shelves, so it's going to either be a gentlemen's club or a witches library/supply store. After all, my wizard and witch need somewhere to shop and socialize. :D

Whatcha gonna do with your Beacon Hill? Any plans for it yet? Mine has been patiently waiting for me and of all the kits I have, it's the one that is most tolerant and understanding. While the others keep hollering at me to build them *now*, the BH politely says, "No, really, that's okay. Build the Glencroft next. I understand. I'll wait." :huh: Of course, it knows that it's going to get the utmost attention when I do build it. When I showed it the window/door upgrades I got for it and it sighed happily and settled back into it's box for a nap.

Deb

I'm enamoured of the upstairs and all the built in shelves, so it's going to either be a gentlemen's club or a witches library/supply store. After all, my wizard and witch need somewhere to shop and socialize. :D

Sound like great ideas! Not sure what my Beacon hills' story is yet. I do have plans to replace some of the exterior trim with fencing. Dress it up a little more. It's such a pretty house! I won't build it for awhile either, just wanted the house and couldn't pass up the price!

You just crack me up all the time! It's fun to read your posts! Can't wait to see what you do with your house...and your shop kit!

I bought a 1/144 Garfield kit- my first 1/144 house!! Now I can actually build something at school that won't turn my dorm room into a pigsty. I was thinking about the 1/144 Beacon Hill, but it was backordered. I wish they had a 1/144 version of my Annabelle- that would be a riot sitting inside my 1/12 monster.

-Lauren

I bought a 1/144 Garfield kit- my first 1/144 house!! Now I can actually build something at school that won't turn my dorm room into a pigsty. I was thinking about the 1/144 Beacon Hill, but it was backordered. I wish they had a 1/144 version of my Annabelle- that would be a riot sitting inside my 1/12 monster.

-Lauren

I ordered the 1:144 Beacon Hill a few days before the 50% off one item sale. I saw that they had only 6 in stock, so I used some of my bonus dollars. Gave me almost 50% off. I didn't want to wait for a back order, because it takes 3-4 weeks for my orders to arrive from HBS (unless I pay $40 for FedEx). Regular shipping costs $16.95+, so shipping costs aren't cheap to Canada anyway. Customs always pulls over all of my HBS parcels and ding me another $16-30 per order. If I'm going to place an order to HBS - might as well be a big one! :D

It looks like a few of us are going to try and build our first 1:144 kit! It's exciting to have others here that will be sharing the experience.

Susanne

I got a little crazy, but good buy in the long run. I got the Montclair with additions (2 story wing, front porch and conservatory) which sells there as a single item. In total less than 395 bones, and free shipping and handling. It's over 225. It'll be a while til I get to it, but the RGT Sophistikits are are really schweet.

Oh and BTW, I checked my acoount today and my card hasn't been charged yet (Ernie doesn't chrage until he ships) So I'm guessing a LOT of orders were made and are now being processed.

I was good and didn't buy anything, darn it. I still have the 1/144th Garfield to build but I wanted that Beacon Hill too.

It's not like I'm miniatures deprived, I'm still playing...err...rearranging the goodies I received from the Spring swap. (still brooding over that 1/144 Beacon Hill)