Hey Miniaturist can you spare a printie?

Rhonda

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that's a great link - *ding* another favorite in my "minis" folder. I especially love the "pub" category and I've already picked some that I can use for my saloon. I have a question or two for anyone who will answer though.

Do you use a particular kind of paper or ink when you print out minis?

I was kind of thinking about the deck of playing cards and wondering if I could print them out on thin photo paper? I wonder if they would hold up better that way and not tear?

When I printed out the playing cards from printmini.com I sprayed them really well with sealer and glued all the fronts and backs together and when they were dry I clamped them together in suits, and then the deck, but could never get them squished down flat enough to fit into the little box I printed off for them.

I use card stock as well. also when folding itmes be sure and score the fold lines, I use the back of a butter knife. This makes cleaner folds.

The only thing I dont use Card stock on is mini bags I use regular printer paper for those as the card stock is too stiff.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Ah printies!!! And I thought I had gone crazy collecting them!! Love your collection. And believe me, I'll refer back to it often. They are so much fun. You've really managed to organize them, too. THANKS so much for sharing.

Edited by crowsnestjc

The groceries in the Orchid General Store in the Team Orchid blog are all printies of verious kinds, mostly boopmini & printmini. I liked the books I made up for Maggie:

gallery_8_988_214231.jpg(on the far right side)

so well I reprinted them in 1:24 for the Fairfields; haven't made them up, yet....

These are all great - but if you want to use something - how do you get it? I saw a border I liked and when I tried to copy and paste onto a sheet of paper, all I got

was a bunch of words. I've only put things ON Photobucket - never tried to get anything off of it.... And I'm not exactly the brightest bulb in the pack - I'll admit it! :(

Click on the printie that you want; the pic should get larger. Then right click on it and select "save as" and select a destination on your computer (make sure you remember where you saved it). Then, go to that location and open the file. It should come up as a large picture.

Hope this helps.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...