Hello from the Bay Area

rosiecat

Hi There

Just a quick Hello! I have just started my first dollhouse for my 5 & 8 year old girls. They are big into Barbie so this will be a big house. Castle wall and a draw bridge surrounding a 3 story castle fit for kings, queens, princesses and wizards, probably. I had the plywood rough-cut over the weekend and we'll start work in earnest this weekend. I have been looking for rollers/casters, something so the girls will be able to move this around their room. I will check out the other areas of the forum and hopefully find some ideas.

Wish me (us) luck!

John Downey

Oakland, Ca

Welcome to the little family, John! It's especially nice when guys join us, we mave a number of dads building houses for their own little princesses. I'm especially interested in your chosen scale, as this year I built in 1:24 and lately I've been refurbishing the remains of two plastic Barbie houses, one of them a castle, and redressing the dolls. I'm petitpointing roses onto fabric to make into a dress to re-dress a Carrie Fisher/ Princess Leia doll as a more generic princess, and then a Liam Neeson/ Kwai Gon Jinn doll as a king (and I am really torn about giving up these two, y'all!).

When you make five posts you can open an album in the Gallery to share pictures of your build. Greenleaf used to make a couple of 1:6 scale houses, but to my knowledge, never a castle.

Hi John - welcome to the forum! :unsure: I love castles - in fact, it was suggested recently that Greenleaf might like to make one - perhaps you will inspire them with yours! I wonder if your girls know how lucky they are?