My Dog "Teddy"

MiniMadWoman

My dog Teddy went in for dental cleaning last Thursday and afterwards became very sick. He went into the Emergency clinic on Saturday and came home Tuesday afternoon. We found out he had an underlying kidney disease and was experiencing seizures (why they do not know). We thought we'd been through the worst of it. Wednesday afternoon and into the early morning on Thursday he continually worsened and we had to take him back to the Emergency clinic. It was a very rough four hours . . . in the end we had to make one of the hardest decisions of our lives . . . we put him to sleep.

We weren't able to have children, so he was my baby! My heart is shattered, but I console myself with the thought that he was very much loved and had a great 12 years!

post-267-1141439080_thumb.jpg

I am very sorry to hear about your dog Teddy. Our pets are our children and it's hard to lose them, especially when it's unexpected. It's great that you were able to have him for so long. Margarita

Oh dear, Teresa. I offer my deepest sympathy on the loss of your Teddy. I know what it is like to have to make this type of a decision. Two years ago I also had to put my Boomer, a twenty year old cat to sleep. I lost a nineteen year old cat, Lucy, only the year before. It is truly heartbreaking to live through.

Oh, Teresa, I'm so very sorry for your loss, the only thing worse than having to make that decision would be making them continue to suffer. We grow very fondly attached to our furry/ feathered/ scaley babies & it's so hard to have to let them go, but when you begin to remember all the joy Teddy gave you while he was with you perhaps the pain will ease a bit.

<big hug>

(wrapping my arms around you in a hug) I'm so sorry. Only other pet lovers understand how much our furry friends mean to us. (leaning closer to give you a shoulder to cry on.)

Peggi

Teresa -

This evening I was wondering why I hadn't seen any posts from you for a while?

I was wondering if you were sick or had maybe gone away for a few days.

I'm so sorry. I understand the pain you're in. I've had to have elderly cats put down, and I come home in a daze. Like you, we never had children and our animal companions are like children to us.

Please accept a big hug, and I'll go and remember you in prayers .. right now.

Susanne

BIG WARM HUGGGZZZZ

Im so sorry for your loss!

poor baby! its so hard to lose those we love.

sounds like you did everything you could for him.

and in the end you did the kindest thing...let him go with no more suffering!

you have my heartfelt sympothy!

thinking of you!

nutti :angry:

Aw Teresa, I'm so sorry. You'd been quiet lately and I was afraid there might be something wrong. There aren't any words to soothe your heartache, so I'll give you a soft hug and cry a little with you.

{{{{{{{{{{Teresa}}}}}}}}}}

Deb

Teresa, I'm so sorry!!! :( It's always hard to lose a beloved pet.

Two years ago I decided to change our vet. The new veterinery persuaded me to let my cat go in for dental cleaning. (Our old vet told us later that the cleaning was absolutely unnecessary, especially the narcosis. :angry: ) My cat nearly didn't wake from the narcosis. Since the dental cleaning my cat suffers from epilepsy. The vet has never confessed her mistake. I decided to return to our old vet. I have been always satisfied with him but he's located very far away from where I live and he's not very cheap. That's the only reason why I went to another vet... I shouln't! :D

Teresa, I am sorry to hear about Teddy too!! I am so sorry to hear that he had to be put to sleep. My ear is hear to listen, my shoulder is here for you to cry on and my arms are here to hug you! You have been through so much latly and I'll pray for you too my dear!

((((((((Teresa)))))))))))

I am so sorry for your lose. Anyone that loves and has animals has had to go thru the same hard decision that you had to make. I have been there myself. I can truly say I know how you feel. Take care!

Teresa, I'm so sorry about Teddy! I know it's hard, and you're right to attempt to console yourself with the knowledge that he had such great years with you.

Teresa

I am so sorry for your loss and I know how much it hurts. We had to put down our oldest boxer when he couldnt keep any food down and was slowly starving this past fall. It is never an easy decision but I like to think they are all waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge and we will will have them with us again when the time comes. Warmest and softest hugs.

Bev

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words and for sharing your "baby" stories too! I know we did the right thing for Teddy and as the days pass it's getting easier. He'll always be in my heart!

Thank you Andrew! I didn't know something like this existed. I have added Teddy's name to the list for tomorrow nights service which I will be attending. What a terrific way to honor our furbabies!!

Oh Teresa, I'm so sorry. I lost my darling pomeranian, Sugar Bear, 17 months ago so I know how devastating it is.

I'm so happy for both you and Teddy though that were able to give each other such happiness for so many years. You must have really taken care of him for him to have such a long life. I'm thinking of you...

~Jenny

Thank you Andrew! I didn't know something like this existed. I have added Teddy's name to the list for tomorrow nights service which I will be attending. What a terrific way to honor our furbabies!!

I have a hard time reading that poem. Hoping when I reach Rainbow Bridge there'll be quite few very well loved pets who'll be running my way. Teddy is at Raindow Bridge now, waiting for you, with Oscar, Sooty, Cookie (who'll be a kitten forever), Arnold and Critter. I KNOW Rainbow Bridge exists, I think I've been there, or at least been granted a glimpse. From what I learned that night (no, not some hokey near death experience) time passes very quickly there, years for us here is a matter of seconds there. Sorry to ramble, I've never posted this publicly before.