Intro to me

joismom

Hi! I'm Missy. Always loved dh since I was a little girl- found the Mckinley at a garage sale many years ago and bought the kit. Never got around to putting it together (life got in the way!) and so it sat it the basement at my Mom's for many years. Since having my own little girl I have rediscovered my interest and am always looking for economical ways to spruce up my dh (half done the McKinley!!) and have gotten some good ideas from everyone here. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum family, Missy! We're glad you're here.

always looking for economical ways to spruce up my...McKinley
You've certainly come to the right place! In addition to a building blog and a pinned topic of DIY links, my own McKinley album shows it with all the stuff I made for it (everything except the kitchen appliances).

Hi Missy, welcome to the forum! ;) The McKinley and the Pierce - you lucked out! Hope to see some pics of what you're doing - you only need to make one more post, and then you can open your own album!

Thank you!

I'm having quite a bit of fun working on my dh!! It makes me feel like a kid again! My only problem is finding supplies around my area :D We don't have much in the way of miniature shops around here and I like to hold things in my hand and look them over before buying, so I don't do internet shopping too much!!!

Just a question. Now that I've reached my 5th post how do I start a gallery? ;)

...Just a question. Now that I've reached my 5th post how do I start a gallery? :angry:
You click on "My Controls" and on the left sidebar there's a section, "Invision Gallery", the first item is "My Albums"; click on that and you're off & running. You may need to resize your pictures if they give you problems loading. Use the "Search" feature to check out posts on the subject of loading pictures.

Oohh, I wish I lived in Ontario! No, I'm from Alberta. I wanted to make a drive to the mini show in Edmonton but it didn't work out! :angry: Just a side note, I seriously think I am becoming quite addicted! I found a dh at a garage sale this past weekend and I just couldn't leave it! i think it was a handymans creation and it came with two rooms of Madison furniture (anyone ever hear of that company?). I got it for $15.00!! I think that I'm going to clean it up since it seems sturdy enough for my kiddies to play with. I think that my hubby is getting seriously worried about where I'm going to house all my new interests though!! LOL!!! :angry:

... Just a side note, I seriously think I am becoming quite addicted! I found a dh at a garage sale this past weekend and I just couldn't leave it! i think it was a handymans creation and it came with two rooms of Madison furniture (anyone ever hear of that company?)... I think that my hubby is getting seriously worried about where I'm going to house all my new interests though!! LOL!!! :)

Madison sounds familiar - but I live in a brain fog some days (this being one of them) so can't say more than that! :)

I was driving with a friend (another miniaturist) last week - we drove by a house that had some "stuff" out by the curb. Suddenly, my friend yelled, "There's a dollhouse!!!". I had already past the place, but we turned around and drove back, very excited. It turned out to be a cardboard box - but the way the top flaps were turned down, it really looked like the roof of a dh. :birthday: My friend was a little embarrassed, but she needn't have been; I see dollhouses wherever I look! (It's part of the addiction, don't you know.)

My guy is also worried about where all this mini paraphenalia is going - but he doesn't say too much about it. It can't be easy for them, living with a junkie! :)