Coventry Cottage

Ms. Mini

well I didnt get it finished but it is painted and the ceilings are done.

ohh the poor indignities these poor houses suffer when upside down. :angry:

I

It's looking good Nutti! I just checked out your blog and you're really rocking on this house. Are you going to send in mice with little paint brushes for the porch?

Deb

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have begun my blog on this one. As usual, pictures WILL follow, y'all know I'm still using film...

Yay!! I haven't started on my Coventry yet, tho I do have the box open and have been petting it. :( <happy dancing> And I ordered the Minicraft mini jigsaw and a mini bench sander tonight. The jigsaw has an adjustable shoe for angled cutting and the bench sander has a miter guide. Wooohooo! That outta do it! If I'm going to turn this victorian cottage into a japanese house, I'm gonna need some tools to whack up wood properly.

But first I'm going to get the Lily done this weekend and get the blog for it uploaded before I start on the coventry. I'm too old to multitask on more than one house at a time. :angry:

<blazing off to check out Holly's blog>

Deb

I'm so excited that others are working on this house right now! Stupid me, I was staring at my house yesterday and decided it needed to be a different color! SO I painted "Royal Purple" and I dont know if I like it now :) once I upload pics tonight I will post so up here so you guys can tell me which one you like better.

I painted it "Royal Purple" and I dont know if I like it now :D once I upload pics tonight I will post so up here so you guys can tell me which one you like better.

Hello Sweetsdgirl,

I was looking to see if you posted the pictures of your new purple cottage. I couldn't find any.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

SuzyQ

I"m so sorry! I totally spaced out about it! This week was my first week at my new job, so my mind has been else where. i just uploaded a few pics in my gallery. let me know what you think :)

THanks,

Jenny

Well good because I decided to keep it purple! I put alot of work in tonight! well not alot of noticeable work, i did alot of touch ups and detail work.. im about to upload more pics in my gallery right now..

I also like it better purple than yellow, especially with the interior colors.

My interior walls will be painted, like the house that inspired it. I will hopefully finish off the roll fo film next week to begin illustrating the blog.

Thanks everyone! I'm so glad you like the purple. Ive decided to keep it that way :) tonight I'm going to finish painting the ginerbread trim so I can get that up soong :)

I really do like the purple better....but i'm just not into yellow or light colors anyway... :) I love purple and dark colors! It just makes your house stand out more. It looks really nice with the yellow sunflowers! Are you going to name your cottage? I ordered a Coventry about 1 1/2 weeks ago...no sign of it yet. Hope it arrrives soon! Margarita

Thanks for the link, that house is gorgeous! I'm thinking of doing textured paint on mine, so it's nice to see the pictures.

I received my kit this week and am going to dry fit this weekend and make some plans for the half scale conversion.

Sweetsdgirl, I've been away from the forum for a few days... off to look at your newest pictures now! :)

I have added some pics of my progress so far in the Covenrty blog. So far I have done everything on this house including cutting the siding and such. Darrell has not touched it, he has been occupied with his lighthouse, and has no intrest in messing with this one due to what I am making it into. He said he wants "nothing to do with that foo- foo stuff".

Oh and for the curious, This will be a bridal shop. I needed a place to put dresses I enjoy making, and this house said "Build me, I want to be a bridal shop".

Melissa

stuff".

Oh and for the curious, This will be a bridal shop. I needed a place to put dresses I enjoy making, and this house said "Build me, I want to be a bridal shop".

Melissa

Sounds awesome. I have a notebook that i keep all my ideas and such in....one thing on my list was to do a bridal room box....i sure as heck didn't think about doing a bridal shop in a house. What an AWESOME idea! I have two lafayettes....i could use one of them for such a shop...thanks for the wonderful idea!!!!!!!! Marg

Melissa

It'll make a charming bridal shop! Those bay windows are just perfect for displays. I can't wait to see how it comes out.........and to see the dresses you've made too.

Deb

I found a the $General Store some cute ballerinas for my Coventry Cottage/hope to be dance studio. Thanks for the tip Holly.

A bridal shop will be very nice.

Peggi