Coventry Cottage

Ms. Mini

Good morning all of you. First off I wanted to say I'm sorry for not being on here much this past week. My step mom had a heart attack on Friday and I've been helping my dad out since. But she is in stable condition now, which is VERY good news.

Now, last night was one of the first nights in a while that I had time to work on my dollhouse, but I decided to start on a new one. A fresh start. So I pulled out my conventry cottage kit and dug right in. So this is now my second house to start. And its funny because I didnt so many things better the 2nd time around. Its amazing was you can be better at! So anyways I posted a few pics in my gallery of my progress. please let me know what you think!

-Jenny

post-505-1140799803_thumb.jpg

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jenny -

Hugs from me. Sorry to hear about your step mum. Had she had heart problems before this heart attack? How is your dad holding up. Its got to be a tough time for all of you. Please try and find some destress time for yourself.

Susanne

Jenny sorry about your stepmom but glad she seems to be recovering. Your house is looking good. Be sure and take care of yourself and warn Dad that his eating habits may be changing very soon (Assuming they change stepmoms diet like they usually do after an attack)

Peggi

Oh, it's so little and cute next to the Garfield!

I am going to be doing this house soon. I'd like to make it into a dollhouse shop, with 144" houses on display. Or potentially a toy store, because I recently got some Christmas ornaments that would make good 1" toys. :rolleyes: The cottage just seems like a good size and shape for a shop, especially with those windows.

oooooo you have a very good idea Emily!

Im hoping mine will find its way to someone who needs a dollhouse.

all the little furniture is so sweet!

sure to make someone very happy!

nutti :rolleyes:

I was just thinking, the house looks so small compared to the Garfield... think it could be bashed into a half-scale house? I just checked the dimensions and it is the same height as the Fairfield (20").

I think it would definitely be possible, and maybe not even that hard.

Jenny, since you're working on it now, could you possibly measure the height of the first floor ceiling for me? I'm wondering if it would have to be lowered, or if it could just be a high ceiling in a half scale building. (If you have any half scale furniture you could stick in there for reference and take a picture, that'd be even better!)

Good morning everyone! Ok this will sound horrible but my fiance is at work and took the measring tape with him, and Im horrilbe with guessing measurments! So as soon as he gets home I will use the measring tape and let you know what it is.

HavanaHolly, in my gallery I have posted a few shots of the inside, I would post some on here but I am out of global space :rolleyes: haha..

All your ideas for this house is amazing, honestly there are SO many things that could be done with this house. Mine is telling me it wants to be a summer country cottage, so that is what its going to be. After the house is finished I am going to be making a large front yard with a white fence, and several other things. I'm honestly looking forward to it. The upstairs "attic" space I am converting into 2 seperate rooms. there will be a small bedroom and small attic up there. I will keep u updated on my progress. :D

-Jenny

P.S. I know I giggle to my self when I look at the pictures of the garfield next to the coventry cottage. I call the garfield "the giant" its just so enormous, maybe thats why I had to take a break from it? :blink:

The upstairs "attic" space I am converting into 2 seperate rooms. there will be a small bedroom and small attic up there.

That is exactly what I needed! Great big thanks. Yes, I also think two rooms can be squeezed out of the attic.

Hello Jenny

Glad to see you back. I just posted a question this morning asking if anyone had heard from you. I didn't think to look in this part of the forum. I have enjoyed watching your progress on the Garfield since we purchased ours around the same time. Now you have pictures of your new project. It is really cute. It looks like a babe next to the Garfield :blink:

We will keep your step mom ino our prayers.

SuzyQ

Thanks! I just posted a reply on the other post you did. Im taking a break from the garfield right now. it just overwhelmed me and i had short of a "writers block" and didnt want to risk ruining it. So i started this little gal instead :blink:

well I got so excited about this kit since I had such a hard time with my Lily

so at 9:30pm I came in here and started working. it kind of just jumps together

like "oh goody" I have made another desicion this house is going to my Doctor for her kids area. she has small table and chairs for the kids and coloring books and legos this house is just the perfect size for the table. and it comes with sweet little funiture. its now almost 1am and although I have taken other photos Im posting how it looks now. I have to let the spackle dry so I can sand before painting. but as I write this I realise I could put on the bays. so here is the photo

post-9-1141282479_thumb.jpg

so now Im back to see how far I can get before I go to bed.

I really like these little houses...they have so much Charactor.

nutti :blink:

Thanks, it does. How tall is the bay window?

Since this house is the same height as the Fairfield (20"), I think it could probably be divided into three stories like the Fairfield is.

I'm wondering if it would have to be lowered, or if it could just be a high ceiling in a half scale building.  (If you have any half scale furniture you could stick in there for reference and take a picture, that'd be even better!)

If I remember right, Grammapux dropped the ceiling in a Coventry Cottage. Hang on. <pause>

Yep, she did. I hope she doesn't mind my posting a link to her album of it. :blink:http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p...808&uid=3254832

Deb

P.S. I know I giggle to my self when I look at the pictures of the garfield next to the coventry cottage. I call the garfield "the giant" its just so enormous, maybe thats why I had to take a break from it? :blink:

It's really nice to step back from a big house and do a small cottage. I did the haunted house after building the Pierce and it was like a breath of fresh air to do something light and airy. The big houses can be pretty intense. I plan on making a habit of doing a small house after every big one. I'm finishing up the Lily now and am also starting on a Coventry. In fact, it arrived today and I have it sitting at my feet right now, petting it. ;)

Deb <making a mental note to remember what Holly taught me: "Never pet the wood unless you're holding a piece of sandpaper".>

If I remember right, Grammpux dropped the ceiling in a Coventry Cottage.  Hang on.  <pause> 

Yep, she did.  I hope she doesn't mind my posting a link to her album of it.  :blink:http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p...808&uid=3254832

Deb

Haha... I was just looking at those pictures! I thought the ceiling looked lower than in the other pictures I've seen.

I think I'm going to have to dry fit it and play around myself, but I have a fairly good idea of how to go about this...

I have made another desicion this house is going to my Doctor for her kids area. she has small table and chairs for the kids and coloring books and legos this house is just the perfect size for the table. and it comes with sweet little funiture. 

That's a really sweet thing to do Nutti! It'll bring a lot of joy to kids who need some happy distractions.

Deb

Haha... I was just looking at those pictures!  I thought the ceiling looked lower than in the other pictures I've seen.

I think I'm going to have to dry fit it and play around myself, but I have a fairly good idea of how to go about this...

:blink: Great minds move in the same direction.......or at least to the same link. She has some great pictures of the interior there. (and I got sidetracked looking at the other eye candy in her album)

I can't wait to see how you bash this into the smaller scale. What a cool idea!

Deb