Coventry Cottage

Ms. Mini

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have loaded some more pictures into my blog, it is now illustrated through how I made the bathroom curtains.

It's looking sooooooooooooo good Holly! You're giving this house so much personality! I love it!

Deb

I can't wait to see yours finished. Alice Zinn makes the most wonderful dolls who would love to live there when it's done, and the last two issues of DHM seem to have been published just for you!

I can't wait to see yours finished. Alice Zinn makes the most wonderful dolls who would love to live there when it's done, and the last two issues of DHM seem to have been published just for you!

I'm definitely going to have to look for the right people to live there. Do you know of a retailer who sells Alice Zinn's dolls?

I've been pouring over the japanese garden articles in the last two copies of DH mag and am going to apply quite a few of the tutorials there in the garden on the coventry. I've got my teeny tiny little koi and a couple of bottles of scenic water and am ready to try my hand at full fledged landscaping! I can't wait!

Deb

http://community.webshots.com/user/iamazin is her website and you can order from her. Check Norm's, I've seen her Asian dolls at Miniature Memories near Charleston, SC, and Ron's carries some of her things. Also some of the Girls' Day dolls may come in 1:12 scale, you might check your import shop people. In addition to your koi you might want a turtle/ tortoise and a few frogs.

That reminds me of our visit to the St Louis Botanical Gardens last year. Everywhere we've gone where there's water we've been "rushed" by flocks of spoiled rotten ducks looking to be fed (in the city park we camped in the year before we even met rotten loons!), but that garden was the first time we had ever been mobbed by rotten koi! We were crossing one of the bridges & heard a thrashing in the water, we looked out and the "vees" of ducks were headed towards us quacking, but too far away for the commotion, so we looked down over the bridge railings and on both sides, pushing & shoving each other out of the way, were masses of koi, their mouths wide open just above the water's surface, and each one was easily over a foot long!

Thanks Holly. I checked out her webshots and almost shorted out my keyboard drooling. Ooohh. Aaaaaah. Pretty, pretty stuff there!

heheeheheheehee Koi that understand people are vending machines become quite friendly. I've never been mobbed by koi, but I once met a swan that would sit up and beg.

Deb

• 2 weeks later...

The furniture is not difficult. If you don't have a gluing jig you might want to commandeer the kids' old Legos. I have a magnetic job DH got me from Micro-Mark that came in VERY handy.

The tables weren't bad at all, but I'm having to get really creative to make stained furniture that doesn't show all the tabs & slots. The desk is cool, I made mine to open & close. I probably could have done better with the icebox, but it looks a bit battered, like DGM's. I'm getting ready to upholster the armchairs & then assemble the bed. I'll have to come up with some better pictures, mine got constructed upon and are somewhat the worse for wear!

I used my 50% off media code at HBS to get another Chrysnbon bathroom kit for the Coventry.

• 2 weeks later...

I still cant get over how big this post got! This is great! My Coventry Cottage has been sitting here for about a month now, watching me build my Willowcrest. But its pretty content I think. This house is almost finished except touch ups and shingles, but for some reason I feel like there is something more for it. So I am waiting paitently. So we shall see. I'll keep ya posted :lol:

Hey I heard about a group building blog for this house? is there a way I can join and add all my info to how I built mine?

I finally got the last two rolls of pictures processed & loaded into my blog :)

gifpalaced26.gifgifpalaced26.gifgifpalaced26.gif

I'm finishing up some things for the house & then I'll take pictures of them, and of the inside & outside of the finished house.

as all know I have been unable to work on any dollhouses with my hands but my mind has been having long conversations with the coventry.

so tonight I cleaned off my work areas and put the coventry in the place of honor.

the pictures that follow are mostly to amuse

The story line is to be: two little girls whose doting father has built them a playhouse on the grounds.

here the girls are on their first inspection of the place. post-9-1146636030_thumb.jpg

post-9-1146636047_thumb.jpg The girls have requested a window seat in here.

post-9-1146636057_thumb.jpg they like this wall paper.

post-9-1146636069_thumb.jpg and 2 bedrooms for two girls.

Im not sure where this little house will end up but I do hope it will be loved! its just so sweet!

nutti :lol:

Nutti- Love your story line. My ballerinas are beginning to yell "Get me out of this bag, I want to dance" LOL

I have finished flooring the second floor, trying to work thru some other "bright ideas" but hopefully, I'm entering the home stretch with the dance studio.

Well I have started painting the Clay so my house is beginning to talk to me! I have a story forming in my fuzzy head right now as we speak but I will post it soon as I write it down (I am so darn forgetful now a days).

Going to write it down but wanted you all to take a look to see how far it has come along!

:lol:

TA-DA!!

My Coventry Cottage blog is completed, I uploaded all the pictures for the last entry. I'm still looking for a rubber chicken, Deb! Peggi, you'll note the red clay in the garden bed :lol: , although my hydrangeas are sorta anemic.

as all know I have been unable to work on any dollhouses with my hands but my mind has been having long conversations with the coventry.

so tonight I cleaned off my work areas and put the coventry in the place of honor.

the pictures that follow are mostly to amuse

The story line is to be: two little girls whose doting father has built them a playhouse on the grounds.

here the girls are on their first inspection of the place. post-9-1146636030_thumb.jpg

post-9-1146636047_thumb.jpg The girls have requested a window seat in here.

post-9-1146636057_thumb.jpg they like this wall paper.

post-9-1146636069_thumb.jpg and 2 bedrooms for two girls.

Im not sure where this little house will end up but I do hope it will be loved! its just so sweet!

nutti :lol:

that is such a great Idea nutti! I know how you feel about now being able to work with your hands. Last Saturday I cut my hands up falling through glass (long story I will explain on the chatter blog) anyways my hands are so badnaged up that I cant work on my dollhouse! heck i can barely type! but as the week goes on im hvaing to wear less and less bandages so thats good! anyways im hoping to finish my coventry soon, but my willowcrest is calling my name louder! lol

Oh! Story line..

Annie was the cook and Reggie the butler for the Petty family, who used to live in the Cambridge until Mr Petty caught Mrs Petty with Samuel L Jackson/ Shaft on the bedroom balcony, and the family promptly moved away because of the scandal, selling the house furnished to the Wee family. They couldn't really afford to keep staff after the soaking the budget took buying the house, and Mrs Wee is a liberated lady for her time, so Annie & Reggie moved into their S GA cottage. Nellie is a lady who has cooked for the families that lived in that house since she was a youngster.

The parlor rug used to be in Mrs Petty's bedroom, and when Annie & Reggie were ready to leave Mrs Wee was only to happy to give it to them.

TA-DA!!

My Coventry Cottage blog is completed, I uploaded all the pictures for the last entry. I'm still looking for a rubber chicken, Deb! Peggi, you'll note the red clay in the garden bed :lol: , although my hydrangeas are sorta anemic.

It looks great Holly!! You really out-did yourself on this one. I love the screened in front porch. The whole house is just fantastic. It makes me want to grab my frog bucket and head down for a visit! Excellent work!

Deb