very new

blank2834

Hi,

I,m new to this site and would like to know how to use it. I,m not sure if I,m going about it the right way. Are there different areas for different interest? If so how do I get to them? etc. etc. Any help would be very much appreciated. thanks.

You can click on the 'forum home' at the upper right hand of this page. There are different sections to look at. Each time you sign in, you can click on 'view new posts' that will just show new post since last sign in - no matter the section that they were posted.

also - hello and welcome!!

I,m new to this site and would like to know how to use it. I,m not sure if I,m going about it the right way. Are there different areas for different interest? If so how do I get to them?
A good place to begin is to read this section: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...php?showforum=2 . There's a lot of useful information there.

What sorts of different interests? There's a section for discussing specific houses by manufacturer. There's a general forum for discussing general construction problems and how to make/ repair furniture, dolls & accessories.

Welcome to the forum family, Heleen, and enjoy browsing. There's a "search" feature to find out if we've discussed a topic, and there are blogs and pictures galore.

:fish1: Welcome to the neighborhood!

One thing that is so great about miniatures is there are so many different things tha can be done on a small scale that may not be practical or practicable. Its so satisfying when you accomplish a new skill. Search through the forums. If you don't see something that particularly interests you, post your own message and people will come out of the woodwork!

Hi Heleen, and welcome! :wub:

I think the best way to find your way around is just to browse - it can be a little confusing at first, but gradually it starts to make sense. There are lots of ways to get around the forum. Clicking on titles, photos, members' names - it all does something! Trial and Error taught me a lot about this place!

Here's one way to get around here:

If you look at the very bottom of the page, in the right-hand corner, you will see a narrow, rectangular box that says "New Member Introductions" (it has a white background) - where we are right now.

If you click on the little downward pointing triangle/arrow to the right of those words, it will drop down a menu of various other places that you could go to - all sorts of different topics! You can scroll up and down through the list.

Click on any title that interests you, and it will highlight that choice.

Click on the small box that says "Go" on the far right, and you will be transported to the section that you chose!

Sometimes you don't even have time to click on "Go" - you just get whisked off to the new section. :fish1:

• 3 weeks later...