YAY! I got a new job! full time, permanent, salaried! and I got another free dollhouse!!!

Guest Nathaniel

Guest Nathaniel

WARNING! THIS READS LIKE A JOURNAL ENTRY... LOL

YAY! I got a new job! full time, permanent, salaried, and MUCH higher paying!!! I think I am going to buy some Bespaq pieces to celebrate! LOL

I start Monday August 18th and train for the first few weeks!

I interviewed for the job on Tuesday, August 5th for 3 hours with 3 different people, my manager, the woman I am replacing, and the woman I would be working with. The interviews went so well (I was all suited up) that they offered me the job on the spot. I just got my offer letter in the mail today so its official.

The job is half the commute of my last job, 20 minutes instead of 40! My title is Technical Staffing Supervisor and I am assisting the Human Resources Department. I am getting my Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management this May, which, if you dont already know is also known as Staffing Management, or Personell Management, etc. I start the 18th, so I will have had 17 days off between jobs to work on minis and relax (and job search) lol. (and collect unemployment! WOOHOO!)

I interviewed for a job on last Friday, another job this Monday, two jobs on Tuesday, and they still keep coming up for me!! But, I have officially accepted the job that sent me the offer letter today!

I couldn't be more excited! :lol:

I found a dollhouse shop in MA which sells Bespaq for 10% off to anyone who is a member of a dollhouse club. So, I already bought two bespaq pieces, a dresser and sideboard for dining room, and next week I am going to go buy a few more pieces to celebrate, maybe a hutch, bed, or desk, (or all three!) LOL I will post pics later!

Last weekend I had my 49 year old mom Debbie, 40 year old aunt Penny, and 9 yr old cousin Courtney over for the weekend, Friday into Sunday, and we had a dollhouse party! What we did is we all went downstairs to my dollhouse "town" and we each picked a house to decorate and completely decorated it to our own liking. We literally spent the entire weekend down there! We ate cookies, pizza, popcorn, etc while we worked and it was really exciting to see how everyone decorated their own house. Then, when we were done decorating our own houses, there were still 3 or 4 more to decorate so my 9 yr old cousin and I decorated those ones! IT was a blast! I will have to post pics of my "dollhouse party" later on when I get a chance!

Then, I met my neighbor two days ago who lives across the street, her name is Faith. We got to talking about hobbies and I told her I build miniature houses. She flips out and says "OH my god, that is the coolest thing ever!" She then proceeds to say that she has a dollhouse that she bought at the Raynham Flea Market to build but never got to it. She asked me if I wanted it for free!?!?!??!?! I must have done a back flip!!! She gave me the Tiffani by Whitney!!!! It is such a cute house. I told her I will build it for her and give it back to her all finished, as it has always been her dream to own one....but she has no time to finish it herself...

Speaking of giving away dollhouses. My mom decorated my Artply Allison to look like a beach cottage, and we both absolutely LOVE how it came out. So, I asked her if she wanted to have the house, and she said yes, but shes working on finding a place for it!! HOW COOL! It will still be in the family!!!

Also, the blue colonial that I have that I dont know the name of, I always planned on fixing that up and giving it or selling it to a little girl who dreams of owning one. Well, guess what house my 9 yr old cousin Courtney attracted to the most!!??!?! THE BLUE COLONIAL! So, she doesnt know it yet, but I am fixing that one up and giving it to her as well!!! SHE IS GOING TO GO NUTS!!!! It will either be an xmas or bday gift. I bought my other cousin, her brother Jakey, a model ship!

So, I plan on fixing up three of my FREE houses and givign them all away, but keeping them in the family! My neighbor is also selling me a white wicker hutch, real life size )for 30 bux) that I am going to give to my mom to put the beach cottage Allison Dollhouse in!!! How exciting!!! The next time my mom comes with her pick up truck she is leaving with a free dollhouse, a 30 dollar white wicker hutch to put it in, and a bunch of beach themed furniture and accessories to put in the house!!! I couldnt be happier to give her a dollhouse!

I am also excited to be getting rid of three houses (once I fix them up a little) so that I can make room for my Piercefield mansion (Garfield and Piercefield bash).

What else is new... I havent been on here much lately. Oh, I've been making pleated curtains lately!! Ive just started so Im not ready to share pics yet, but it has been alot of fun! I think they are turning out pretty good though! My friend Ellie, who gave me the Batrie house, (my biggest house yet) gave me a bunch of fabric to use to make curtains!

I will be posting a lot of new pics coming up, but not today. When I post pics of the dollhouse party I will make sure to label who decorated which house. I did over my Tennyson, my 40 year old Aunt Penny did my unfinished 9 room wooden colonial, my 49 year old mom Debbie did the Allison by Artply into a beautiful beach cottage, and my 9 yr old Cousin Courtney did the blue colonial, and didnt do too bad of a job either! I cant wait to share pics of this (and my new Bespaq pieces!!!)

What else is new... Sorry about the book of a post, but like I said, I havent been on much and I have simply had TOOO much excitement lately and had to share it!!! This is like a public journal entry! lol

My neighbor, who gave me the free Tiffani, has become a quick mini friend. She wants to help me work on my houses in her free time! Also, on Sunday morning we are going to a Flea Market in Rhode Island to look for miniature treasures for her house and my 12 houses! LOL

Yesterday my friend Paul and I went and test drove a 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe for fun. That is not my dream car but it is really nice. My dream car is a Nissan 350z with orange leather interior. I plan on buying one once I am settled in my new job!!!

Lets see, what else is new. Well, I am extremely happy to have made some good friends in my neighborhood lately, landed a new job, worked on houses with my family, decided to give away three houses (all of which were free off of Craigslist or from a neighbor). I am happy to keep the houses in my family though. I wont give them away right away though cus I need to fix them all up a bit. And the Tiffani is still in the box and needs to be built!!! I am happy to have had some time off this summer too. The new job gives you 3 and a half paid weeks off your first year, almost 5 weeks if you include all of the paid holidays!!! It took me 7 years of working at Wal-mart to earn 3 weeks vacation!!! As soon as I hit 7 years, I used up my three weeks vacation, and then gave my two weeks notice! LOL This new job STARTS with 3 and a half weeks, 5 weeks if you include holidays!!! I couldnt be more excited. I think I may explode from too much excitement!

I plan to work very hard to keep my new job, and play very hard to reward myself for working very hard, and work very hard so that I can afford to play very hard.... LMAO! Its an endless cycle!! :p

That would be the conclusion of this public journal entry - work hard, play hard. I think its the only way to live.

Thanks for reading!

-Nathaniel :wave:

Guest Nathaniel
Congratulations on the new job. It sounds amazing. And you lucky duck on the free Tiffani. That is a beautiful house.

Thank you, I couldn't be more excited and plan to work my little behind off to keep the job (and keep collecting minis!!!). Yeah, I always liked the Tiffani, and I am happy to be building it and giving it to someone who always dreamed of owning a finished dollhouse! :lol:

You must have an army of guardian angels watching over you. I'm so glad you have a new job and so many other great things happening in your life. You have a great positive outlook and things will just keep getting better as long as you have that. Congratulations. :lol:

First off, congratulations!!!!! That is really awesome to find a job so quick, especially when it's half the commute time and more money!!!!!!!!!!!

Second, I say CELEBRATION time!!!! More more more Bespaq! enabler? yes! enjoy your time off!

First off, congratulations!!!!! That is really awesome to find a job so quick, especially when it's half the commute time and more money!!!!!!!!!!!

Second, I say CELEBRATION time!!!! More more more Bespaq! enabler? yes! enjoy your time off!

So definitley what she said LOL, congratulations and do celebrate in Bespaq Style! Look forward to mor eeye candy to come!

Hugs

Guest Nathaniel
Congratulations, Nathaniel! Sounds like you've been busy during your unemployed time! I'm anxious to see the pictures!

Thanks Esther! I have been quite busy. I hope to relax and work on minis now until my new job starts.. Next week I am taking a trip to Braintree, MA to a dollhouse shop called Dollhouse Treasures to buy some Bespaq pieces for 10% off

You must have an army of guardian angels watching over you. I'm so glad you have a new job and so many other great things happening in your life. You have a great positive outlook and things will just keep getting better as long as you have that. Congratulations. :p

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for the kind words!

Just reading about all your successes put me in a good mood! Well done.

I'm glad that it puts you in a good mood. Sometimes I feel a little awkward sharing all of my positive news, but, I consider the people on this site my good friends and you should share good news with good friends, right?

Nathaniel, I knew there was a reason that you were so lucky, you have a sweet spirit and a big heart. Good luck with your new job. Dottie

Thanks Dottie, that is awfully sweet of you to say... *blushes*

:lol: on your new job! It's always nice to end up with more money and less commute - you deserve it! Debra

Yes, I couldnt be happier (unless the job had to do with miniatures!) LOL

Well, Nathaniel, you could be a bit more excited about your new job! :p

Sounds like things are really going well for you right now. I'm very happy for you. :wave:

First I was excited to have some time off, now I am excited about the new job, and excited about giving some (free) dollhouses away to people who will cherish them, and now I am excited about buying a few Bespaq pieces as a treat! LOL

Thank you!I had so many interviews lately, I was hoping the closest one would work out, and it did. The other jobs had commutes of an hour or over an hour! YUCKO!

I could never force myself to spend money on Bespaq in the past. But, if you can find something on sale, and just get ONE nice piece at a time, then its not so bad...

Congratulations! Sounds like you have some great things going on right now!

Thanks, I sure do. Alot of hard work ahead of me, but the payoff will be great.

So definitley what she said LOL, congratulations and do celebrate in Bespaq Style! Look forward to mor eeye candy to come!

Hugs

You can expect LOTS Of eye candy from me in the future, you know me!

congrats019.gif

Thanks Heidi!!! :)

Wow Nathaniel, that is so sweet of you to build the Tiffani for your neighbor. It is a great house, I also have one! I am so looking forward to seeing all the pictures of your dollhouse decorating party. How lucky you are to have family who shares your enthusiasm for minis.

Congratulations on the new job. With that kind of attitude, how can you go wrong!

Guest Nathaniel
Quick, Nathaniel....go buy a lottery ticket before the luck wears off....congrats!!!!!!!!

Elicia

broiling in South Carolina

Good Idea, I think I will later! Thanks! :lol:

Wow Nathaniel, that is so sweet of you to build the Tiffani for your neighbor. It is a great house, I also have one! I am so looking forward to seeing all the pictures of your dollhouse decorating party. How lucky you are to have family who shares your enthusiasm for minis.

Congratulations on the new job. With that kind of attitude, how can you go wrong!

By building and giving away houses, the hobby NEVER has to end. I will never run out of room if I keep giving them away or selling, and only keeping my favorite ones! HOW COOL!

I had the time of my life playing with my minis with my family! It was the best weekend Ive had in a long time!

Thanks!

Congratulations! Your enthusiasm is infectious. I'm sure that the interviewers were very impressed with your positive and upbeat attitude. You have the ability to exude confidence without being over-bearing.

I'm also pleased that your family have been there for you. They seem to be picking up a bit of the mini bug. When things settle down for you, I'd sure love to see photos of the dollhouse decorating day. It sounds like it was great fun.

Hugs

-Susanne

Congratulations Nathaniel! Sounds like you are on the up and up again and that is really good! And a new dollhouse to boot! Great!!!!! A good job is good to find!

Again, heartiest congratulations!