Got my Freecycle Goodies today!

Wolfie

Firstly Krista is a charming lady! We had a wonderful peaceful quiet lunch together, and had some laughs, etc. The box she presented me is a mixed bag! Some very primitive furniture is in there, along with the classics collection - there is a 6-piece kitchen set! I have a cabinet top already that will go with it, just have to match up the colors! Anyway there is a new album in my gallery of most of the goodies. Ah, there is a roll top desk with a matching swivel chair, etc., etc., etc......

I hpe I can find another mini find on Freecycle! In the meanwhile, I have a new friend.

:yay:

Thank you all...yes there are some lovely things in there......some I haven't even taken pictures of......there was also a dressor that someone had made, with a very poor stain/varnish....I don't think it is worth saving, however, I will try. There were also two doors obviously from a dollhouse. It was not a Greenleaf, but the wood is similar. She said it was a three story Victorian with a wrap around porch, but she doesn't remember where she got it from. It was already put together.

There are so many separate things, that will blend in with some things I've been saving ...... sort of the same manufacturer I think. Very very nice condition these things are. The brass bed is getting a new mattress and a new look. I think something in a rich pattern of brocade.

The nursery furniture is really much cuter in real life than in the picture. The crib is from a RealLife kit but well done. I will be refurbing it with bumpers and new sheets and quilt and pillow. The high chair is adorable! There is a Winnie the Pooh baby dish, a cup as well as that bottle. The little metal baby shoes are soooooo cute! The jack in the box is marvelous!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all! Holly I have polished up the brass bed, and found a nice foam mattress for it. I'm going to be doing it up well, as soon as I get some more of the special lace I'm thinking it deserves. I've got so many irons in the fire right now I hope I don't get burned! Today I also received a lovely little box about 8" x 4" chock full of tiny treasures from lamps to a gazing ball, food stuffs, dishes, to flowers and vases. My friend is downsizing due to her age. She is in her 70's almost 80's and just wants to downsize. She has a huge dollhouse and 28 or 30 small, medium and large roomboxes. She has been into minis for many years and just has bought way too much in the past and is now passing along her excess to me and some of her other mini friends. She is a remarkable woman with true grit and determination. I hope when I grow up I will be more like her!

The brass bed is really nice. With new bedding it will look great. The meat grinder is hard to find now. It was one of the first mini accessories I ever bought. All the little things like that and the bathroom scale are the most fun to find. Can't wait to see what you do with the brass bed. :p

The meat grinder is really adorable! I love it! Reminds me of the one I used to have. Also the toaster is quite cool. The mixer isn't anything to write home about as the bowl won't stay in place without the wax, but it is cute on the counter! I also have 4 metal minis of cocacola that have been painted. I of course put them right in the refrigerator of the Pierce! They look adorable next to the soda cans in there already. I also repaired the brass dressing mirror and it looks way better now. The little scale for the bathroom is very nice......gee I don't weigh as much on it.....but then again if I step on it I can't see how much I weight! LOL I think I will have to have a child's bedroom/nursery down the road. I too like to make babies....no! Not real ones!