Hello from Florida

gsjulie

Hello, my name is Julie and I am a mini addict! I have just finished my first dollhouse, the Beacon Hill, and I am ready for my next attempt. I have been checking in on the forum for ideas and answers since last July. I would be remiss if I did not thank each and every one of you for your tips and inspiration. I would like to build another Beacon Hill as I learned so much along the way. Practice makes perfect! I will add pictures once I have my needed posts!

Julie, welcome aboard! I too am from Florida (Tampa Bay). If you find any dollhouse resources, let me know. I'm stumped.

I had a childhood Beacon Hill when I was a girl so I love to see what others have done with it. Yours looks just beautiful! What great color choices :)

Until you have a gallery, you can still upload pics into your postings by adding an attachment. (Hint, hint :) ) We love pictures around here!

Caroline

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. That is my Beacon Hill in my Avatar and I had such a great time putting her together. I have admired all of the work done by the forum members, it is just mind boggling sometimes to see what can be made with time and a lot of patience. Me, I'm not so big on the patience part. If only there was not so much sanding required! I tried to upload a few pics of my lady but apparently my pics are 512 K and are too large. I guess I will have to change the setting on my camera.

Caroline, you're a lot closer to both Orlando & Naples that I am!

Welcome to the "little" family, Julie; you share your name with one of my mini favorite mini-doll artisans (several of whom reside right here on this forum). I'm 'way up in the Panhandle, NW of Tallahassee. We have a few Floridians on here.

Thanks for the welcome Holly! I live in the Jacksonvile area. I think I recall reading in here that you once had a bookstore on the West Side of town. Of course like many Floridians we are transplants but we have been here for almost 20 years so we feel like natives!

Julie

We owned The Book Trek in the '80s. Our friend Ron Chamblin (Chamblin's Book Mine) is still going strong, he had finally moved into the old skating rink at the north end of the Roosevelt Blvd bridge, and into the building behind it, but last time we were there he was buying a bigger building downtown/ 5-Points (I forget which) to move into. He was also going to try to set up a website, but he stays so busy I don't think anything ever came of it.

There used to be a mini store on the South side, from time to time (usually not when we were in town), but I don't know if it's still there.