What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I'm curious about the coffee pots now-what is different about them?

I will start organizing and packing up my craft room today. Gotta make room in case the kids move in with us. I am going to leave the wallpaper out and try to get some of that done, but mostly get things off shelves and into plastic boxes for storage. That is my only project for today other than cleaning house-ugh!

I am NOT going anywhere near the mall area today. LOL

We have to return a gift (wrong size) but that can wait until Monday.

Fred did not have to work yesterday. They called to ask him if he wanted to take a *not needed* and he did! So we were majorly lazy yesterday.

I have cleaning to do today and I am hoping he is the mood to help.

I'm curious about the coffee pots now-what is different about them?

Sherry, in a French press, hot water is poured over coffee grounds, and the mixture steeps like tea. When it has reached the desired strength, a strainer/plunger pushes the grounds to the bottom of the pot, leaving wonderfully rich and flavorful coffee.

The French press pot-made coffee is not bitter at all and doesn't "cook", like other methods. It's wonderful for those of us who have to drink our coffee "straight" (if it needs milk or sugar it's rotten coffee!).

Warm, overcast day! I went upstairs after breakfast to put on a pair of socks and woke up 2 1.2 hours later! Outstanding nap weather. I'm knitting on a pinafore skirt for Miss Grayson today, then figure out how to set up the floor frame for needlework so I can start a sampler for Baby Boy.

We're heading into the City (KC) tomorrow to the Nelson Atkins Art Museum. We were there a few weeks ago but got sidetracked in the ceramics wing and a display of Henri Moore maquettes and never got to the exhibit we'd gone to see. What a grand excuse to go back. :p

On the way, we'll stop at Hobby Lobby. I'm looking for some small feathers. Am going to try my hand at making a feather-clad cuckoo with a Fimo body to live in the center gable of the White Orchid. And on the way back, we'll stop for BBQ at a restaurant that's new to us. Rumor has it that it's better than Gates, our current favorite. <wiping anticipatory drool off the keyboard!>

Sounds like fun, and nothing better than good BBQ! I asked my son what he wanted me to send to him in his care packages to Iraq, and he said 'Rudy's Sauce' from the BBQ place here in Texas. I am going to see them this weekend to see if I can buy a bunch of packets from them-I can just imagine if I sent a bottle and it broke and leaked all over the customs agent !

They probably would, but I'll tell them what it's for and ask to buy it...most people are great about service men. It's wonderful how many older men and women will stop and thank him when we're out, offer to buy him dinner, etc. Not the younger generation so much. I despise my principal but have to say that anytime Chris is coming to town, he gives me the day off and never even turns in my absence to the payroll dept. But he's still a jerk as far as being a boss!

I promised myself I'd clean house today...that consisted of changing sheets and pouring clr in the toilets! We did get a new battery and oil change for my car, otherwise I've been playing all day! Made two tiny little photo albums and discovered while trying to print photos for them that tracing paper will jam a printer, made a batch of little books, and got all my stuff sorted into storage boxes for the big day when I have to pack it up.

It amazes me how many types of sticky stuff it takes to do a dollhouse! I found Alenes, Alenes quick grab, liquid nails, super glue, glue guns, glue sticks, elmer's glue, yes paste, mod-podge, gel mediums, masking tape, painter's tape, scotch tape, gorilla glue, no-fray....how did they build decent houses before all this stuff was invented??

how did they build decent houses before all this stuff was invented?
The glue guns worked at a hotter temperature and the glue sticks were a different formulation that actually held after it cooled & cured, which is why the directions recommended it. I built my first kit, Dura-Craft's SF555, with regular white Elmer's all-purpose glue.

About the only thing I use my glue gun for is to stick things up in places where I can't use nails. When you're done, just peel the glue off. I got my first one to stick student's work on the tile walls of the school hall. Now I use it very rarely, since high school students really don't want their papers hung in the hall!

But think about the houses from the past centuries-wonder what they were glued together with?

I got another freaking cold! ARRGGGHH!

We have plans for New Years Day and I am hoping this is only a lil bitty cold that will go away quickly. I took some Dayquil this morning and I am starting to feel a little bit better but not 100%.

Does it feel like a Saturday to you all? It does not to me. Natalie`s friend is coming over at 9am to spend the day with her. It is 7:45 already! The house is a mess...okay it isnt a total mess but it is too messy for me when company is coming over.

Except for the algae eater and the catfish, all the fish have died in the tank. I finally figured out why. It was the food that I got for them. It does not break down fast like the cheapo fish flakes. The fish can not eat all the food (even when I only give a tiny bit and feed every other day) So the stuff settles, causes the nitrogen to accumulate, and kills the fish. Today I am off to get a vacuum thingy to clean the gravel, do a 25% water change, get the kit to check the chemical composition of the water and clean all the stuff in there. I will leave it like that with just the catfish and algae eater for awhile before I introduce any others. Good thing I only bought cheap fish. I also going to stick with the cheap flakes that I used to use. I have never had this much trouble before. Grrr!

I have a feeling that Nat and her friend are going to want to go to the ....gasp...Mall. I am going to drop them off. Not sticking around for that one..LOL

Hope you all have a nice pleasant weekend.

I have to clean bathrooms today, but am going to try and do some more wallpapering. Then DH wants to go to the movies tonite. We don't do that once a year. I'm too adhd to sit and just watch a movie. I have to have some sewing or something in my hands, and that doesn't work too well at theaters!

I have to clean bathrooms today, but am going to try and do some more wallpapering. Then DH wants to go to the movies tonite. We don't do that once a year. I'm too adhd to sit and just watch a movie. I have to have some sewing or something in my hands, and that doesn't work too well at theaters!

What movie?

I want to see Benjamin Button.

Today is our dump day and it's snowing like crazy. We have 5 huge bags to take! I don't relish this trip! And the other thing I'm up to is just surviving today. I guess it's the letdown from all the work I did the past few days. I'm down and depressed a bit. So much to do, little time, and little energy!

Thiink of me today and send good thoughts please?

Thanx,

You have my sympathy-post holiday let down is a bummer. If it's too bad to get out and do something, play all day! It's nasty here today-no snow, just lots of wind and dust. A good day to build, paper, eat, read, eat....you do have some chocolate stashed away with that Wild Turkey somewhere, don't you? :p

I have the striped elf hat with those ears, too. In the meantime, here's a {hug} for the Wolfmeister. I'm hoping we can go bike riding today, the sun is out but the heat is roaring & DH is still abed; so I may settle for another walk this afternoon (we live a mile from the highway and 0.9 mile from the slap-end of our road, so either way we get a nearly-2 mile walk when we go).

If we stay home maybe we'll find some devilments to get into around the house.

I am sorry your fish all died Heidi. It sounds like you have it under control now though. If you lived closer, I could give you some of my fish. They just went through a baby boom...

lol.....i can just picture all the babies you have there.

I am sorry your fish all died Heidi. It sounds like you have it under control now though. If you lived closer, I could give you some of my fish. They just went through a baby boom...

Eh. It happens. I am not feeling well enough to do the things I said I was going to do to it today. I think I will rest the weekend and attend to the tank on Monday.

What are you going to do with all those babies? LOL

So sorry Gina that you are feeling blue. It happens at the end of the year. I always look at the new year with fresh eyes (even when it will still be the same book..different chapter).

I try to think ahead to Spring after Christmas. I know I am fast forwarding my life but I love that time of year. I have books, catalogs and magazines that I pour over. I may never get to do all I want to but it is fun to imagine.

I envy you. You have Spring in your house right now!