What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I am also dealing with a bad case of cabin fever

I too have cabin fever. The only time I have been away from the house, except for work, in the last month is to go shopping which was in a frenzy because the weather was always rotten on the days I could shop. The other times I made it out was to the grocery store so I could cook everybodies favorite holiday delights. I need casual time!! John and I were planning a trip to Minneapolis tomorrow for some fun..but guess what???? Yep more snow, freezing rain and drizzle predicted. So I guess I will stay home...but won't do anything but fun things...like the Garfield. I am so ready for spring!! Rita

Did I mention we woke up to a cold spell this morning???? Icky cold, perfectr excuse to stay inside allllll day but noooo I had to go grocery shopping :wub: bleech, oh well now that is done and yes Heidi it is the Epiphany holidays that stretches the holidays for us over here, and as DH and I celebrate 20 years since we first met, that is perfect!

Hugs

cold and rainy here this afternoon. I had a day off, so was supposed to do laundry/groceries stuff. Instead I've worked and nearly finished the little Kummerow house, made a New England settle bench and broom from kits, and started planning a Colonial (from a kit) and Shaker roombox to house some goodies I got in Nashville.

Heading to the grocery store now. I'm making spaghetti for tonight and vegie soup to freeze for lunches.

I have the day off today so I ran a few errands and then spent a good part fo the day working on my Heritage rehab. I've neglected the project because of the holidays but I had the today all to myself. I posted some pictures of todays progress in my gallery.

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. Nothing worse than coughing all the time to make you feel crummy all over.

I moved to my new booth in the antique mall today, and took the time to fix it up really cute, about 3 hrs counting all the visiting with other dealers! I went by Big Lots, just on a whim. If you have one, check it out. I don't know that they all get the same stock, but ours had rolls of precious tiny trims in several colors..perfect scale for dollhouses. Lace, fringe, braid, etc. I also found a roll of wrapping paper in the gift wrap (not Christmas) that is probably for a wedding, but looks like gray tile floor with tiny diamond shapes in the corners..and at an angle! It will make great flooring, I think.

Now I'm home and exhausted. Time for a nap, I believe!

It expires on my birthday....Do I have to have it done that day or can I wait a day or two?

You can wait, but don't drive yourself to get it renewed after the expiration date.

Trying to get my friend to go traipsing off with me tonite. Hope she takes the bait.

Easy, tiger ... you really want to go out to pick up some new germs while your body's defenses are already in overload?

I know what you're feeling, though. Lloyd wasn't feeling well enough to drive to his treatment today, so I drove. He needed to stop to find a bathroom before we were out of Marshall, and I sure didn't feel up to making the drive myself. I called the cancer center and asked if it would really mess up his treatments if we didn't get there today. With not going on New Year's Day and then the upcoming weekend, it would make four days of no treatment. They assured us it was more important for him to get better and they'd see him on Monday. I was never so glad to turn the car around and come home. But it was nice to get out for even a few minutes!

My license was up for renewal on my birthday last month, so I got it done the first week of the month. My first picture in 16 years! It looks like my passport photo, only in color; blech!

A deputy served the jerk his writ to quit the premises; he has five days, not counting weekends & holidays, so he has until next Thursday. Then we get to back to the Courthouse and get a judge to sign off on having another deputy show up to remove him. Once he's out, we change all the locks and anything he doesn't take with him we'll box up & store for him until he asks for them or we see what happens with the charges we'll also file against him.

I just took of the last bits and pieces of masking tape that held the trim in place on the gables of Mr LE Arthur and is somewhat "sad" as that means the actual building (apart from roofing tiles I need to purchase and add at the roof top) as this means the building part itself is "done" well I also need to put one window in place after I have finished the inside, but the house structure is put together.... He has been such a dream to work with though so I highly recommend this to anyone else who want to have some fun!

Have a few things that I need to build/find before I can call it furnished as well, as build a couple of custome sized beds for Karin's and the girls room, a bureau/chest of drawers to place the mirror on etc etc...

Oh well, we have finally agreed upon how to treat the floors in the kitchen, we'll see how that turns out later on today I hope. And right now I am soooo happy I ventured outside earlier as it has started to rain/snow/slush outside and it is the wind is picking up, ick!

Hugs

LOL, actually he seems to have cheated on the flooring as that didn't "matter" atleast to what I have read on the net... so it will be a plankflooring stained first in brown, then whitewashed... pushed really well together so that there aren't any seams either... Then I will start the hunt for a suitable braid/trim to use as the rug, it is supposedly one of those handwoven carpets made from cloth strips... We'll see, we'll see...

edited to add that I just uploaded a few pics of the Egyptian room in Her Highness in my blog :)

Hugs

That's about what I figured. If you have scraps of yarn and huck towelling fabric you could simulate that rug by weaving strands of colored yarns in stripes across the strip of towelling, alternating which threads a piece of yarn passes under from row to row.

BTW another "CARE" package is on its way.

The scene outside our back porch this AM is silhouettes of trees in an orangey-brown mist; probably a very good day to hunker down and ignore the weather!lol IF it doesn't rain I may spray paint my Travel Trailer's tires. I'm baking biscuits for breakfast!

That's about what I figured. If you have scraps of yarn and huck towelling fabric you could simulate that rug by weaving strands of colored yarns in stripes across the strip of towelling, alternating which threads a piece of yarn passes under from row to row.

BTW another "CARE" package is on its way.

The scene outside our back porch this AM is silhouettes of trees in an orangey-brown mist; probably a very good day to hunker down and ignore the weather!lol IF it doesn't rain I may spray paint my Travel Trailer's tires. I'm baking biscuits for breakfast!

:) well in this weather camping outside by the mailbox is not on the "do-able" list but my craftroom is facing that very side, guess I better camp out up there instead?!? Oh joy!!! PMed you as well

Hugs

You know, I was in the Linens and Things store that is closing. They had some wonderful placemats that look kinda like those woven rugs. I bought two, one in solid brown and one in shades of green. I think they will look just like the woven rugs, just need to figure out what to do with the edges. Being a long time sewer and home ec teacher (years ago), I just can't leave raw edges. Maybe serge, with a tiny narrow stitch? I even found one of these in Dollar tree-they look a lot more like rugs than placemats! You might check around for one in the colors you want.

Today is hair-do day. I never did get out of the house last night..sniff sniff.

Taking Nat to get her doo done. I think the kaleidoscope has landed on red this time. It is going to be a three hour tour. I will drop her off and get some errands done around the town. Bakery, gas up the car (grocery store points give me 40 cents off a gallon), used book store, health food store,consignment shop, etc. I should get all that done while they are bleaching her head to death...hahahahaha

I have taken everything out of the MHM and given it a good dust, polish and rearranging. I am going to work on the flooring of the kids bedroom today. That is the last room I have to finish on this house. I have been dragging it out. I think I just did not want to actually FINISH it. So now I am. I have some light fixtures to work on for it also.

Then it will be on to the plans of the Pom.

We went to see the grands today-3 hrs each way, so I took a sandwich bag and brown lunch sacks and made stones for my foundation while DH drove. He says if he ever wants to get me committed, he will tell them I sit in the car and tear up paper bags when we drive, and that ought to do it!

We went to see the grands today-3 hrs each way, so I took a sandwich bag and brown lunch sacks and made stones for my foundation while DH drove. He says if he ever wants to get me committed, he will tell them I sit in the car and tear up paper bags when we drive, and that ought to do it!

Well, try to get them to let you bring the paper with you. Some of the rest of us will be glad to see you! :congrats:

By the time I finished breakfast dishes it was nearly 70 out, so I changed into shorts and a short-sleeved shirt and we put the tandem bike in the back of the truck, between the kayaks, and went up to Bainbridge to ride around the park at the boat basin on the Flint River. After a small lunch we went shopping. Their Good Will had some nice Z-scale ceramic buildings for DH.

Now that would have been soooo nice to be able to ride our bikes as that is one of hubby's and my favourite things to do together as well, but tooooo cold, wet and general yucky weather over here.... And right now I can't sleep.. :congrats:

Hugs

Today we've been invited to attend a "First Sunday New Year's Brunch" some our paddling friends are hosting. People are bringing side dishes and I have a batch of jalapeno cornbread waiting "in the wings".

Anna, if you cannot get self-rising flour & cornmeal, simply add a half teaspoon each baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt to your flour & meal.

1 cup self-rising cornmeal + 3/4 cup self-rising flour (original recipe calls for straight cornmeal, but we prefer the smoother texture using part wheat flour)

3-4 finely chopped jalapeno peppers

1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

2 eggs

1 can cream-style corn

1 cup soured milk or buttermilk (I use a couple of tablespoons of yogurt to "turn" the milk)

Mix everything together until well blended and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes (when I poke a skewer into the center & it pulls out clean, it's done), until golden brown. This is even more magnificent served warm with fresh butter!

Jalapeno cornbread and red beans is my family's favorite meal! The cornbread is sooo moist! I serve it with pan fries and sliced tomatoes and my family thinks they have died and gone to heaven. I am a miserable cook, but make the best pinto beans you'll ever taste-my one claim to fame!

I have a little painting to do on my real house remodeling job, start cleaning out my shop..again...if the spirit moves me. :congrats: And have some people coming to pick up some unwanted items that I listed on freecycle. And whatever DW has on her list for me to do !

Steve in PA