What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Since it is the last day before everyone goes back to school/work (except me). I'm hoping to get DH to finish cutting and fitting the almost-custom roof on the Glencroft-bash. Table saws and me are potentially a safety issue. Then I plan to start working on the wiring (my first time), and maybe try to finish some more beading for the tree.

Oh! There is also laundry to do, and some organizing.

That should keep me busy most of the day.

I finished painting my fireplace this morning, have the fire box lined with stone. I want to spray paint my andirons, but it's too cold in the garage! I checked my chalk and don't have any black or even dark gray, and need more gray for my foundation paint. Sooo-I started laundry and will be off to Michael's for chalk and paint as soon as they open!

tomorrow I go back to school, and am trying to give myself an attitude adjustment. The stretch between Christmas and spring break is always the longest and most stressful. No breaks, and state tests to take. Our principal is a fanatic about those tests! I don't care what anyone says, he just wants us to teach the test so that our scores are high, and he looks good. We are one of the higher rated schools in the state for our size, academically, and he is using that to climb his professional ladder. But we are the ones doing the after school tutoring, benchmark testing, nagging and driving these kids until they are all ready to have a breakdown.

Something is seriously wrong with our educational system...

Well it's my third day off. i usually get mopey on a sunday and don't accomplish much. i'm bummed my time off has gone by so fast, i haven't accomplished much of anything and i really wanted to make some progress on a mini project. i want to do something mini today but i don't know what. i'll bet i'll just end up watching a movies since i can't decide what to work on. This is my busy week workwise coming up. so not much mini time this week.

Back to school tomorrow. Yeah! They start cramming for the state tests for the next month.

I slept so much yesterday I feel like Rip Van Winkle. I was reading a book and decided to take a nap. Woke up three hours later.. :congrats: Had dinner, watched a bit of tv and then went back to bed.

Still stuffy but my body does not feel yucky anymore.

I have to pick up the food for my birthday. One thing I want is the Spanglish Sandwich. Do any of you know what that is? It is from the movie Spanglish.

Here’s the ingredients:

• 3-4 slices of bacon
  • 2 slices of Monterey Jack cheese
  • 2 slices of toasted rustic country loaf (or other GOOD bread)
  • 1 tbsp of mayo
  • 4 tomato slices
  • 2 leaves of butter lettuce
  • 1 teaspoon butter
  • 1 egg

1. Cook the bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels
  2. Place slices of cheese on one side of toasted bread. Place in toaster oven or in oven under broiler to melt.
  3. Spread mayo on other slice of bread top with bacon, sliced tomato, and lettuce
  4. On non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Fry egg, turning over briefly (keeping the yolk runny)
  5. Slide finished egg on top of lettuce, top with other slice of bread (recommend cheese-side down)
  6. Place sandwich on plate and slice in half, letting yolk run down sandwich

Rumor has it that making sure that the yolk doesn’t break until you cut the sandwich is of utmost importance.

That is going to be for my birthday brunch. Mmm!

Thank you Holly, this is something I am going to try out real soon, and Heidi, yummy, ahhh, will need to start collecting my online appetizers for a special event I think :wave:

Great to hear that you are feeling better Heidi, hope tomorrow is even better yet!

Marg, hopefully Max is settling in nicley and your work days aren't too bad!

Hugs

Molly Moose and I did minis instead of housework today. The first GL village house got started and finished. We posted pics in the gallery. I'm gonna miss that Molly when she ships off to her next stop!

The party was a success, our hosts live in a labyrinthan neighborhood and we were able to find their house the first time! There was a ton of food and NO leftovers! One of our friends brought some of her infamous brownies (with walnuts, cream cheese and caramel in with the CHOCOLATE!) and her boyfriend brought some of his wonderful venison jerky; gotta love Bambi! and another friend brought a tubepanful of monkey bread! For the rest there was ham, blackeyed peas, spinakopeia and breakfast sausage casserole, various other plates of breads & fruit and it was all wonderful.

We ran down to Michael's for more mod-podge for my house foundation. That stuff is going fast, so I used my 40% off coupon to get more. Anyway, I checked and there are still no hutches. But I did find something handy in the floral 50% off bin. If you love pampas grass like I do-the tall grass with the white plumes, grows in a big clump? Anyway, they have it in 3 sizes for 1.50 sale price. The finest size comes in red, gold, white, and is the perfect size for 1/12 gardens. It doesn't look exactly like the plumes, they rolled the end of the blade of grass in a fine grain of some kind. But I think it will make great grass for a yard!

They also have their mini punches on for 50 cents, as well as all the Christmas stuff.

I've had supper, but that sure does sound good Holly! mmmmmm

Today we did shopping. Zavvi, one of the music/dvd stores is in administration and we were looking for bargains. But there really weren't any. It was just like their normal after christmas sale which is ok, but not great. Did drive ages to get there - part of our route was shut, and it took us about 30 minutes on the detour to get to a place we could have gotten to in about 7 minutes if we'd known and driven directly! Also picked up microsoft office 2007 from another store. Then drove on to IKEA to get new bed slats. Also picked up a shelving unit there as our dvd shelf was double rowed with only about half a shelf free. Got home and built the shelf, then put the dvds on in alphabetical order. We basically have 7 x 83cm shelves full of dvds, plus a friends box set and a Bond tin with the first 20 films. Scary!

In the mini world I have been doing skirting boards/cornice all weekend. Yesterday was sitting room and mistress bedroom, today hallway (also did the hallway floor yesterday). I haven't glued on the wallpaper yet though, so can't glue on the cornice, but I've cut to size and painted. Need some more wood before I can do the next room. It's looking great! :wave: hehe

Completely finished the kitchen and bathroom in the Alexandria. Also, finished gluing all the walls together but left the room till I completely finish the inside of the 1st and 2nd floors. Will add updated pictures tomorrow.

Ccccccold.... this morning we woke up to -11C/appr 5F outsie, warm socks and an extra sweater! But it is also a perfect blue sky and the sun is showing itself and not much wind to speak of at all, so not all bad :wave: Me might get down to the beach for a walk later on, we'll see... Have some chores to deal with first and then some play time prior to preparing tonight's dinner, it is our 20th anniversary since we first met today....

Hugs

Happy anniversary, Anna! One of our favorite camping activities in the Winter months is near the beach so we can go over and go shelling, expecially right after a storm. In fact we're taking a week off next week after our physical exams to do just that!

Congratulations Anna! A great achievement :hiya: Our 6th anniversary is coming up at the end of January - will have to do some thinking about a nice meal (we don't normally do presents)

Today is study day. I'm already 8 minutes late starting, think I better get on with it! Loads to do. My carpal tunnel is playing up at the moment, and my fingers keep going numb, which makes writing an annoying task!!! (Yes, I am happy that there is no pain yet) Now next question is, do I put something on the tv while I work away? Want to, but feel I might get a little more done if there's nothing on... Maybe I'll start with nothing and see how it goes.

The news keeps saying careful on the roads, snow is falling in the south. I'm in the south, there is no snow! Wish they'd stop lying. I like snow! (we only get it once or twice a year, so it is a novelty) It is cold though, and has been since christmas, so snow should stay a little if it falls.

Right, on with it Muriel!

I had to go back to school today. And to add salt to the wound, we had an ice storm to drive on. I'm sitting here hoping the UPS truck will show up. The tracking # says my Storybook Cottage is on the truck and here in town!

I also was bummed that the evil UPS man did not show up at my door today. So for the last hour and a half I sat here enjoying the quiet of my my house (this is very RARE) since my husband and youngest are both asleep. I added 117 mini items to my watch list on ebay. I am pretty sure that I will not be getting them but I can dream right! :rofl:

I got the Travel Trailer's tires painted black and onto the axles and I made the new wheelwell tops for the enlarged wheelwells and prepped the floor, since there'll be "carpet" in the bedroom. I guess I'll cut the interior divider walls tomorrow, today DH has his turn at getting his annual physical exam done. Whilst he was on the phone setting up the appointment I reminded him too try for early, since he'll be NPO for the lab work, and he ignored me pretty successfully because his appointment isn't until after 1400 (2PM). That ought to make for an "interesting" day.

Sending positive thoughts your and your hubby's way!

As for me, well been cleaning the house today, top (well almost LOL) to bottom as this is last day of Christmas holidays for me so I went into one of those clean up moods as usual... Christmas tree is out the door, it was sooo dry but it didn't shed as many needles as I suspected it might do and most of the decorations are packed away, still have to deal with the kitchen curtains though but that will have to wait til the weekend... And in between doing this and that and whatever I have done a bit of mini-ing as well... Hehe, need to indulge at times!

Hugs