What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Back home again after spending a few days with my PILs. We had a great time, lots of food (as always) great pressies :D, still need to take a few pics of those though, some people I would love to reach out through the screen and hug, got great news about my friend who was going through the operation for her whiplash injury so all in all I do feel blessed. I see though that I have "some" reading to do to catch up so here is a :wave: as I have been thinking about you all a lot!

Hugs

Heidi, I have a Chinese friend who tells me that each year on our birthday our lives undergo change and enter a new phase. A change of luck, an insight into how to solve problems, a new beginning not at the date of the New Year, but on the date of our own new year. You have a birthday coming up soon -- I hope all of your changes are positive ones. :wave:

Sherry, my father built furniture back in the day. His favorite glue for wood was a hide glue that had to be heated. Stunk up his basement workshop and the whole house above it! As I gently checked into the build of the dollhouse he made for my sister and me in the 1950s, I'm fairly sure the glue I see is hide glue.

Our plans for the day have changed. Instead of a trip to the art museum, we're staying home. Lloyd's radiation treatments are finally getting to him. He's had 24 of 42, so he's rounded second base and heading for third, but he fatigues more easily. He was ready to go if I wanted to, but I wouldn't have any fun if I were worrying about him over exerting himself. The museum will be there another day.

I was up until after 3 this morning. We had a strong line of thunderstorms come through, complete with tornado watches and warnings. It was payback for the 65-degree weather we enjoyed yesterday. JoJo, the brain damaged chihuahua, is deathly afraid of thunderstorms. If I'm not holding him or at least in the same room with him, he gets very agitated. So, I was glad not to have to get up early to go into the City.

And what's ahead for this change-of-plans Saturday? The White Orchid, of course! :D I'll check in later with some photos.

I feel like Death warmed over.

I need more tissues... :D

You know you are sick when your self absorbed teenagers check on you and bring you tea and toast.

I will be online for just a little bit. Waiting for the Dayquil to kick in.

Rest up Heidi and let those gals take care of you. Get some tissues with lotion. They feel good! Slow day for me at home. The last two days at work have been crazy...actually worse than before Christmas. I did no minis at all yesterday. Sat and watched NCIS from 4pm until 12am. I just don't have any 'get up and do something' energy. I did finally finish the exterior groundwork for the Wine Shoppe. I will get a pic posted soon.

Good to see you back Anna. It sounds like you had a great time at your in-laws.

It does feel so good to be "home" again and I have some catching up to do LOL but that is perfect as today is one of those days we just do whatever we like, DH is ugrading the computer system around the house (sooo happy for my laptop right now) which includes a few curses here and there, but nothing major, we had one of those "splash and dash" rounds to get a new switch and a hard drive to accomodate that, which gave me the perfect excuse to tag along and visit the crat store, got some beads at half off and a bottle of paint, but nothing else shouted that I ought to take it home with me.... >sigh< getting sooooo picky these days

And as Judi said Heidi, better do rest up, those bugs are the pits dealing with!!!! No fun at all, but hopefully you will soon get rid of it.

We did have such a wonderful time visiting my PILs, it is like a mini-vacation everytime we do get to spend some time with them, poor MIL though as she took a chunk out if her thumb the day before Christmas eve when preparing the dinner just prior to us coming over, she was slightly white/green in the face when we got there, but thankfully that has healed pretty well and I helped re-dressing it every day as well as doing those food preparations one needs both hands for doing while there...

Kathie, thinking of Lloyd and you sending positive strenght and energy your way!

Lots of hugs

The sun is up and it's BEAUTIFUL outside, and the heat has not been off since I woke up! It's supposed to rain like billybedamned later, so I'm planning a quiet day, maybe bake myself a mug cake to share with DH for dinner, since it's my birthday and we finished off the last of the Christmas pies last night (sent DS home with half the mince pie Thursday).

The lotion in the tissues feels good on your nose but keeps the tissues from absorbing the liquids that drip from every orifice in your head; my solution was to keep a jar of Vaseline to rub on my nose & upper lip and a BIG roll of TP to wipe my nose & eyes with. Heidi, I put on my dust mask, so here's a {hug} or {two} for you to get better.

Sorry you're not feeling well Heidiii, nothing is worse than a cold. Tell the kids that nothing but rest will make you better, and let them take care of you! Those lotion tissues are great, until you forget and try to clean your eyeglasses with them! :D

I'm hoping to get some wallpaper done today! I know, I said that yesterday and got sidetracked. The problem with having DH at home is that he's always wanting to go do 'something'. We went after the stuff to start stripping wallpaper yesterday, and pick out paint colors for the guest bed and bath. So, I'll be working with some kind of wallpaper-either mini up, or real down, today!

Happy Birthday Holly! Hope it's a great one!

I started sanding individual pieces of siding for my Garfield yesterday, then i decided that i want to work on my Glencroft....so i sanded all the pieces that i need to stain.i'll probably stain today. I need to restain all the pieces for my RGT's front opening shop...the color of stain that i used is not attractive.

i really want to do something different, like dress a doll or dress a bed but i can't quite commit to it yet. I want to make something...lol...

well here we are on sunday again. I have work staring me in the face again. i am scheduled to work the next 4 days in a row. phooey. i do have friday off but the next schedule isn't out yet so i don't know if i have a 3 day weekend coming up or not. crossing my fingers that i do...:D

Three day weekends are the best!

I spent half the night sanding in the basement (drywall) and now I am off to go paint. Then between coats, I am building my new workbench/desk. I will be very happy to have room to mini again.

Yay! Glad you'll make some progress today!

Still sick but getting better. I spent all day Saturday and all day Sunday in bed. I was really woozy yesterday. Thankfully the girls came upstairs to check to see if I was still breathing..I feel loved..ROFL

I do not know if I could classify this as a cold or as the flu. I had a slight fever, body aches, felt hot, then felt cold (and it was in the 60s so it was not cold in the house). It hit me like a ton of bricks so I am thinking it might be the flu...I did not get the shot yet! Dangit!

I still have a stuffy nose but no cough (knock on wood). Still have a sore throat but it is better. I am able to move around today so I think the worse of it is over. Sniff Sniff! Phew! I need to take a shower. LOL

I took Dayquil and it worked but only to a point. It did not completely cut the illness away.

But today is better and I have errands that I have to do so it is time to soldier up! I have to return Nat`s sneakers (the 30 day window ends on Jan 1). She also is going to get her hair done this week so I have to be better to take her. It is part of her Christmas presents, and I promised her that her Doo would be done before she goes back to school on Jan. 5th.

It never fails. I always get sick during a holiday. Always! I am hoping I can be completely better so Fred and I can go to the Hall and Oates concert on New Year`s Eve. It is okay though. I have a friend I can give the tickets to if I am not up for it. I will be bummed a bit but they were free tickets and I would rather give them to somebody who would appreciate them if I cannot.

I will take it easy today though. I will do the minimums and rest as much as I can. I have a feeling that the infection is going to my ears. I must have caught this when I was out shopping. No one else in house is sick and they have been Prell-ing themselves..hahahaa

Sounds like the flu to me, push the rest & clear liquids and take your time. I went through a long period where the flu would set off a super-infection that turned into walking pneumonia three times before my doctor & I worked out the signals! Last time it took a month and full courses of two different antibiotics to flush out.

Today I'll check with the eye doctor to see if my new Rx is back. I started a sampler for Baby Boy using the needlework floor stand. I like being able to use both hands at once without balancing a hoop on one arm.

I'm off to hunt for goodies to fill a box to send to Chris, so he will have one when he arrives at Balad. Any suggestions? We bought BBQ sauce yesterday, but it only comes in glass bottles. I think I will buy some florist foam and cut a 'nest' for it between two blocks and try mailing it that way. Sending books, germ-x, his favorite fried pies, but any other ideas?

Then I am going to make my first attempt at window seats for the two side bays in V's farmhouse! Stay tuned for results or screaming!

I'm in for a quiet day at home whilst DH goes in to Tallahassee to file the eviction notice we served with the Clerk of Court. Considering their suggestion amounted to giving in to extortion, and we don't play that, we thought it better I not go along. I'm afraid I really didn't expect the jerk to move out by his 12/26 deadline. By the time this is over we shall have some charges to file against him as well as a lawsuit, so at least he won't have to sorry about a place to stay...

Holly, evictions are not fun to deal with. A dear old friend of mine with a too-soft heart used to have to go through that regularly with some of the folks who move into small agricultural towns out here. It usually took the police to get them out, and they had torn everything up! We tried renting one time, and the deadbeats broke a bathtub in half before they left, and took the insides out of the dishwasher! I hope you don't have to deal with something like that.

I went on errands, mailed a package or two, bought a toaster oven for baking minis, and the paper to wallpaper my nursery...so I'm off to cut and paste!

The son we co-own the house with is disabled (severe bipolar disorder with psychotic features) so any problems will find the jerk moving to a more secure living facility run by the state's DOC. We are already preparing to file suit to recover property damages.

This kid is physically big and a bully, and has obviously done at least jail time; if he was half as smart as his mouth it would have sunk in that both DH & I have DOC experience, too (DH was a corrections officer at Union Correctional Institution and I was a corrections nurse at Appalachee Correctional Institution), and he picked the wrong old folks to try to bully.

Took me a second to catch what you were saying-but you're doing the right thing. It's people like that who make it so hard for young couples like my son to find a decent place to rent without putting their firstborn up as deposit. I go with DH to preview real estate listings, to give him a feel for what a woman would think of a house. When they get a repo, I'm shocked at how the owners will destroy the home before they vacate...what does that accomplish?

I am having problems with my renters as well. Just paid half of Decembers rent and now January is due. I spoke to my property management people today and they said they are still trying to work with them. I proceeded to tell them that enough is enough I want the eviction process started. I think after that I am going to fire my property management company. I should not have to be telling them that they should evict, they have been doing this for quite awhile. I just hope they do not ruin everything that I just fixed before theymoved in. Thankfully, the mobile home is paid for so I don't have to worry about getting rent to make payments.

When the market picks back up or if I ever get an offer I will sell that baby immediately. Renting is for the birds.

Somebody just shoot me and put me out of my misery already.

I have come to realization that I am probably not going to the Hall and Oates concert tomorrow night. I already told my friend to assume that they are getting the tickets (they will not get mad if I make a miraculous recovery and can go).

What am I going to do today? Blow my nose. Blow my nose. oh yeah Blow my nose. I am going to email the makers of Puffs Plus. They LIE. My nose is all raw and red. I could have blown my nose with industrial strength paper towels and saved some money..LOL

I did play some Guitar Hero for a bit last night so I was not a total slug. I am fortunate. One of the bank tellers told me that she got the hit with it on the day before Christmas but it was the intestinal one. Glad I am not hugging the porcelain!

Anyone else sick?

Yup. Mucinex stopped the coughing from post nasal drip last night, but I have the mother of all sore throats. Am going to the doctor to check for strep today. My goddaughter's mother informed us that Mollie had a step throat after we'd been there all evening and shared cookies that Mollie had baked. "Look at the way that child is jumping around. You'd never know she has a strep infection, would you." Aaaarrrrrggggggg. I guess she figures with 6 kids, she may as well let visiting bugs do the rounds and get it over with, but I sure would have appreciated knowing the child was sick before we agreed to come. It's bad enough for me to be ill, but now I'm taking every precaution so Lloyd doesn't pick it up. He certainly doesn't need something else to battle right now.

I can call the doctor in ten minutes when they open the office phones. Hope I can get in quickly!