Scrollsaw Corner Cabinet and Wall Mirror

Wolfie

Yesterday I sawed up a storm! Here are the results! Today I wanted to varnish, but no time, no time! The first one is "undressed." I think it came out OK, but I need critique! The second one I added a rug, chair and some goodies! The last picture is the little wall mirror that I did. Not freehand, these were done with the saw!

Gina, you are on a roll!!! Fabulous pieces! I love the cabinet - just beautiful!! Love the design that it fits in the corner and you can display so many more items on it - how perfect. And your wall mirror is beautiful as well.

You and Fluffy are mighty good together...and the results certainly show. Well Done!!! :huh:

Chris

Shucks folks! Twas nothing! You can make it too! It's a very simple design actually.....the only "fancy" things are the sides and the top.....that's all, and if old Wolfie can do it, so can you! So dust off those saws (if you got em) plug em in and go!

I will be doing up another kind of corner cupboard one day!

Now that I've gotten a better look (earlier in the day & just had coffee!) I like the cupboard even better. If I go on a roll and try something like it I think I'd like to hinge doors to the sides to close it in between the lower shelf & the bottom. That will work so well in one of those too-tiny diningrooms!

wow Gina - nice jobs. What kind of scroll saw do you have. I have a lot of trouble controlling my cutting even though I have practiced a lot. Do you do rought cut and then fine finish with other tools? Do tell/. Thanks Alyce

If you are ever looking to do some sort of swap, you know where to find me.. or I could just outright pay you.. that corner cabinet is so fabulous.. as soon as I saw it, I could visualize a million different applications. Very, very nice job, just another reason I need to finally buy a scroll saw.. Lucky You!! Is there a emoticon for 'green with envy' ?

wow Gina - nice jobs. What kind of scroll saw do you have. I have a lot of trouble controlling my cutting even though I have practiced a lot. Do you do rought cut and then fine finish with other tools? Do tell/. Thanks Alyce
Alyce, Gina's Fluffy is a DeWalt. Does yours have varible speed? I used a sewing machine for over 40 years and find they are quite similar to operate. when you feel your cut going out of control, STOP. You can gently back your work out along the cut a bit. Check the tension on the blade. I go slow when I'm cutting a curve.

Alyce, My saw cuts so well I don't really have much finishing to do. I cut slow, and have my variable speed set about half way between real slow and very fast...LOL The DeWalt does all the work. I practice using various practice sheets that I have gleaned from people in the know. They really help to learn cornering and ccurves and the biggest thing is to be able to swing those pieces of wood around quickly. It's a technique I have learned from UTubes on Steve Good's Scrollsaw Workshop Blog. He's fabulous - free patterns, hints and tips, and all those wonderful utubes!

I do have a set of riffling files for fretwork sanding, but my favorite sander is to glue sandpaper to a very thin coffee stirrer.....it really cleans up things nicely.

I'm thinking about selling the corner cabinet! Can't sell the pattern because it's copyrighted, but I would be selling kits.