Hi everyone

mom of boys

Hi I am new here. I have been in love with dollhouses since my Dad made me one when I was a child. I live in Iowa with my DH and 3 boys.

I have not made a house but am planning on starting one soon. The house that has finally caused me to take the plunge is the Magnolia. I hope that this house is good for a beginner.

I am looking forward to getting to know others here and learning a lot about making dollhouses.

From another mother of three boys (all grown up, now), wecome to our "little" family on the web, Sherry. DH & I passed through Iowa on our way up the west side of the Mississippi River on our way to meet Tracy in SE Wisconsin.

The Magnolia is the kit I just finished building and it is probably the most elegant one I've built to date. Here is the building team blog: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/b...e_kit/index.php? and here is the album I created to show what I've done to the bare kit: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...m&album=988

Take your time, read the posts, use the "Search" button and relax. A great mini of us have built or are building this kit.

Hello and welcome. You will love the Magnolia, I just finished one for my DGD. BTW, it is a very patient house and not to demanding. It was an easy build even with upgraded windows added and pin hinging the doors.

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome. I am glad to hear that the Magnolia is a good house to start with. ;)

Holly my boys are almost grown (That seem to have happened overnight). The youngest is 15yo. :p I have used "Mom of Boys" for several years on different BBs.

I am looking forward to being able to start in the next few weeks. I do plan on taking alot of pictures to show my progress. :p I will probably have questions on things as I build it so please be patient with me.

Hello and ;) Sherry!

I am mom & stepmom to 4 boys..the oldest is 17 and the youngest is 6 (there's a teenage monsterrrrr....daughter in there too) The cool thing? The boys like the dollhouses too, and they have some pretty creative ideas! Ok, so some are a little more "out there" than others, but it's great to see them use their imaginations.

The Magnolia is a pretty house! Good luck with your build and do remember to take pics to share!

Hi Sherry, welcome to Greenleaf! I think the Magnolia is a very pretty house - I don't have one myself, so it will be great to watch you as you build and then decorate yours. Please share pics with us! :wave: