New Here.

Rose

Hi everyone. My name is Rose. Do you have to be building a Greenleaf house to join this forum? I'm getting ready to start the RGT Queen Anne and need a forum 'cause I'll have lots of questions. I've been looking at everyone's projects and they're all beautiful. Soo much work, and sooo much fun.

Happy New year!

Hi Rose and Welcome! I'm sorta new too! I joined about a week ago or so. I don't think there are regulations on what type of dollhouse you buy/build, just that your into dollhousing!! Since I have sighed up and read/viewed some of the forum, I know there are very knowledgeable folks here that can help you with any question! :)

WOW a Queen Ann...I can't wait to see pictures!!

Take Care,

Diana

Nope, if you go to the main screen (click on "The Greenleaf Miniature Community" and scroll down a bit) you'll find a section on house building and a long list of all kinds of brands of house kits, including Greenleaf. While some of us stick with Greenleaf, others here have built all kinds of houses, and can help with almost any question you might have as you build.

I think that as soon as you've posted five messages in threads, you're able to post pictures here. We LOVE pictures of the building of your house! :)

And welcome to our mini world! :(

Welcome to our "little" family, Rose. If you build a dollhouse or make miniatures for it or just collect, you are welcome to join in the fun. I have built Dura-Craft, Greenleaf and Corona Concepts

and I'm now building a Fantasy Crafts brand. Glen and Peter are two of our "scratch" builders.

Nope, if you go to the main screen (click on "The Greenleaf Miniature Community" and scroll down a bit) you'll find a section on house building and a long list of all kinds of brands of house kits, including Greenleaf. While some of us stick with Greenleaf, others here have built all kinds of houses, and can help with almost any question you might have as you build.

I think that as soon as you've posted five messages in threads, you're able to post pictures here. We LOVE pictures of the building of your house! :)

And welcome to our mini world! :(

Here's the forum Ann's referring to.

How nice that you have the Queen Ann! That's a big, lovely house and we look forward to you sharing pictures as you build & decorate her.

Welcome!!!

Congrats on the QA!!! She's a lovely girl! I have one as well but it will be probably another year or so before i start it. I'm about to dive into my Foxhall project soon (she's gonna be a massive house...the main house, a two story extension on each side and a conservatory on each side)...just trying to finish a couple of other projects first . I hope you will take lots of photos of your house, we love eye candy here, but i't would be really cool to watch a QA in progress as well :).....and if your project gets overwhelming and tedious, why not try a smaller house for a little while....(i have 12 projects going on....lol...)

Anyway!, Welcome to the best mini forum in the U.S.!!!!!! :(

Hi Rose,

Welcome to the forum. I too am building the Queen Anne. I haven't worked on it in few months. I do have the first floors walls up and painted and I have the second floor walls painted. I've been collecting items to go into my QA. I really need to get busy working on it or I will never finish it.

Thank you all for the Welcome. I feel better, now that I know RGT is welcome. My first house was a Greenleaf so I know what you all are going through, :) It was a pain in my rear to build. The RGT's aren't easy either but the wood is thicker and everything is cut (completely) out for me. I have a Thornhill in progress right now. I'm almost finished. Still have the roof to shingle. Actually, I've still had the roof to shingle for about a year now. It's a big job and I don't want to do it. :( :( I bought my Queen Anne a year and half ago. I finally took it out of the box last month. I'm going to add an addition to it and I needed some measurements. So I have the first 2 floors taped together right now. I'm in the "planning" stage for the Queen Anne. It's taking me forever to figure out the colors for the exterior. And I want to do special things on the inside but I have to plan, plan, plan and then learn some things. Hopefully ther are some master builders in this forum.

Allison--Do you have pics of your Queen Anne? It's almost impossible to find Pics of Queen Annes in Progress online. There is a Yahoo group for Queen Anne builders but that's the only place I have seen them.

There are a lot of ways to finish a roof, just like the exterior siding. This is when you & the kit discuss what it wants and how it wants to look. Architecture magazines & books from the library are good resources.

Welcome to our little spot on the world wide web!

all houses are welcome!

and you have the mother of all houses to work on! lucky you!

I cannot wrap my mind around the QA but if I was a dreamer it would be on my to do list!

I am very eager to see your progress!

so you have dollhouse building experience....I would love to see photos of what you have done so far!

I do so enjoy the eyecandy!

so glad you found us!

nutti :)

Hello and welcome. BTW, what some consider a pain in the rear--sanding, patching, bashing--some of us consider it theraputic. Just give us a piece of wood and we will pet it, talk to it, and dream about it.

Welcome!

No you are not the only RGT builder here. I am working on the Montclair. It is a very long term project and she is a large project too. She is very patient and I find I work on her in between my other builds. Will be looking forward to pictures on the Queen Anne. She is very....well...Queenly!!!

Allison--Do you have pics of your Queen Anne? It's almost impossible to find Pics of Queen Annes in Progress online. There is a Yahoo group for Queen Anne builders but that's the only place I have seen them.

Rose, I think i've talked with you before! Aren't you trying to decide between a Foxhall two story extension and a Newberg extension? I'm on the Yahoo group as well, it just don't always remember to post on that group...and since I hardly check my Yahoo mail i never know when there are new posts. :) I don' t know if you remember me, but i posted that i want to add a conservatory onto my QA. (i bought my QA just over a year ago...still in the box and she won't be seeing daylight for awhile.

I also have a Thornhil...well two actually..one is a rehab project that i bought from a previous supervisor of mine and the other is the shell kit still in the box :) Do you have pictures of your Thornhill? After you make 5 posts here in the forum you can start posting pictures in the gallery :)

Yes, Margarita, that was me. I decided on the Foxhall addition because it's bigger. And I don't like the connectors on the Newport. I ordered the addition from HBS just before Christmas and I'm still waiting for it. That's another reason why I taped the first 2 floors together. I need to see the addition next to my house and then I'll decide what to do with it. I know I'll have to close off the 2 little doors on the side of the Queen Anne. I think the addition is 20" from front to back and so is the house. I haven't added an addition to a house before so I may need suggestions on how to "connect" the 2 buildings without making a mess. I will post picture's and start a blog when I start this house. I am planning and reading and researching and planning some more, before starting. I'm going for 1890-2000 era. (I hope) But the decorating will probably be a mixture. I want to go all out on this house. I want Bespaq furniture. I want Blue Willow dishes. I want coffered ceilings. Never done before. I WILL be asking the master builders for help when it comes to my ceilings. This house will be the first time I try a lot of things. I just hope my plans and dreams become reality and I don't chicken out because "it's too hard".

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!