**Anything Goes Winter Contest**

Oh my goodness . . . I'm trying to contain myself! I just gave Brian a heart attack I WOO HOO'd and YELPED so loud!! Not to mention all the jumping around!! I can barely type I'm shaking so with excitement!! :D

Congratulations to the other winners! Your entries were wonderful! :o One of them happens to be my forum favorite!!

Congratulations to all those who entered . . . you're all winners! All the entries were so different and imaginative! We have a great bunch here on this forum!! :)

Thank you so much judges, Tracy and Greenleaf! I have to go do more dancing about now!!!!!! :lol:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to all the winners, and to everyone who entered the contest. Ya'll did some awesome work.

Teresa, this means you'll be building a Pierce doesn't it? Oooh, you're gonna loooooooooooooooooove that house! It's so very, very you.

Deb

Congratulations to ALL of the winners!!!

I need EvERYONE to send me a PM with there address because Mini Man (Dean) has decided because all of you did such a GREAT job, The rest of you will win an Orchid too!!

Thanks SO Much Terri & Bobbi & ChrisV for all your help with this!

:lol:

I'm in shock. I didn't expect to win anything. All of the entries were so amazing! It is very thoughtful of Greenleaf to award dh kits to all of the entries. Each one was so terrific, and showcased different talents.

I'm actually going to be able to build my first dollhouse from a kit! Well, actually Ray will be the contractor and I'll be a subcontractor ... helper ... hand him his tools... choose colour schemes.

Congratulations to the other winners!

Susanne

Teresa, this means you'll be building a Pierce doesn't it? Oooh, you're gonna loooooooooooooooooove that house! It's so very, very you.

Thanks Deb!! I was so excited I won something I didn't even realize it was the Pierce! :lol:

How wonderful Dean is going to award all the other participants with an Orchid! Woo Hoo for Dean!! :D

Opps, here is the list of entrants:

ShellyN= entry # 1

Dollhousegirl = entry # 2

sunnyray = entry # 3

shalean = entry # 4

Anne = entry #5

MiniMadWoman = Entry # 6

Nutti = Entry # 7

Catcolorado =entry #8

Doetexas = entry #9

hydroped = entry # 10

ShakyShaky = entry # 11

Molmrath = entry # 12

SabrinaO = Entry # 13

Edited by My Mini Shop

Well I tried to write everyone earlier but my comp froze up - so here goes one more time

ShellyN= entry # 1 I fell in love with that staircase as soon as it was posted. What an awesome display - I love that it's free standing. I think someone mentioned it being mounted on a picture frame - is it? It's sure a great idea what ever it is! So many beautiful delicate things to look at!! It's beautiful! And I also want to comment on the tiny ship at the top of the stairs - wow it's so detailed, can I ask if it was an artisan made ship? I want to keep my eyes out for one for Gull Cottage aka Van Buren

Dollhousegirl = entry # 2 - Wow - What a cute scene with Santa's boots showing :lol: And So much detail. I love that you didn't neglect to have 2 advent callendars for the 2 little girls. The cards, the garland, and the tiny gingerbread house - so much detail. Really awesome stuff.

sunnyray = entry # 3 I love the carrot left out for Santa's Reindeer along with the treats for Santa.. is that a bottle of bubbly for him? heheh. Love the chenille tree too and the beautiful presents.. I tried but I can't even wrap full sized ones neatly :D Great Santa figure too!

shalean = entry # 4 I really fell for this one too! The cats and dogs playing, it reminds me of when we sit down and start wrapping stuff. I don't know where everyone is finding these great garlands in mini - they're awesome and the house is decorated so nicely - love the wallpaper and the color of the sofa too!

Anne = entry #5 What a sweet family with their own nativity and the tree is unusual and VERY cool!! How did you ever find a nativity that tiny? I love the piece of furniture in the back of the room too - the grandfather clock and bookshelf- the room tells a lot about the family there - really nice!

MiniMadWoman = Entry # 6 Now that is one Awesome Moosehead over the fireplace! The fireplace is impressive too! The exterior also is just gorgeous! I love the reindeer and the moose outside but most of all the really warm feeling of how the place looks. Makes me want to curl up with a cup of cocoa :D Cold outside but warm inside!

Nutti = Entry # 7 Hey Nutti I'd heard of these gift bags but never seen one and I couldn't figure out for the life of me how there'd be room inside to do a scene but this is Way Cool! Everything fit just beautiful! What an awesome display :D Are the things in side 1" scale or 1/2" scale? It sure looks great!!

Catcolorado =entry #8 Cat - my sis and I have been debating how the quilt was made in your scene - is it a printie? It sure looks cozy! I love what you did! It's a super great way to get non miniaturists (yet) interrested in miniatures! And I bet it looked great on your tree too! Where is everyone getting those tiny swags? What a great warm scene.

Doetexas = entry #9 Doe I love your snow men - they look both cold and icy (as snow people should) and warm and friendldy! :o And the hanging snow flakes perfectly match the snow flakes on the fabric behind! You've sure got a great eye! I like the tree too - it adds a lot of depth to the scene. Love it!

hydroped = entry # 10 - that's me lol

ShakyShaky = entry # 11 I Love this house - what's the name of the kit? Mr and Mrs Clause look so at home and the colors inside and out are just perfect for them - even the furniture! I tried making a mini tree skirt this year but it doesn't hold a candle to yours - and the wall sconces and barometer - wow homey and neat just like I'd figure Mrs Clause would keep it :D Awesome!

Molmrath = entry # 12 You know I've thought about doing a green house but I just don't think I could make tiny plants for it. Those pointsettias are great! And I love the different colors too!! Have you seen the documenary they've shown the last couple years that tells about the guy who breeds pointsettias and comes up with all the different varieties? It's way cool - just you're awesome greenhouse! And I love the flooring in it!

SabrinaO = Entry # 13 I have to ask - how on earth did you make the dome for your igloo or what did you use? I've been puzzling and puzzling over that. What a great idea! I remember seeing igloos made of sugar cubes as a kid but they don't keep very well :) And you can't see inside them! This is way original and way cool. The flowers on fireplace almost look like they could be made of crystal or ice. Definitely a cool scene!! and I also like the rifle next to the entrance.. makes me think an eskimo could be coming home at any time :)

It's so great to see so many ideas and ways of doing things - I learned a lot doing my entry and a lot more from seeing everyone elses - It's really awesome we can share our work and that Greenleaf had this contest - it makes it nice to work on something knowing that others are working on the same thing.. or same type of thing along with you - it helps keep me motivated. What great entries!

-David

This is very wonderful of Dean and Greenleaf to give each of them a house to play with... wonderful. Well now I feel even better now :)

Everyone did such a great job and I think this is why it was so hard on us to decide who should place. Loved taking part in this as a judge I knew I wouldn't be able to as a contestant so this was the next best thing!

Glad to have helped out Tracy... Anytime!!

Congratulations to ALL of the winners!!!

I need EvERYONE to send me a PM with there address because Mini Man (Dean) has decided because all of you did such a GREAT job, The rest of you will win an Orchid too!!

Thanks SO Much Terri & Bobbi & ChrisV for all your help with this!

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, thank you so much, Dean! You are the best!!! :)

Anne = entry #5  What a sweet family with their own nativity and the tree is unusual and VERY cool!!  How did you ever find a nativity that tiny? I love the piece of furniture in the back of the room too - the grandfather clock and bookshelf- the room tells a lot about the family there - really nice!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you, David, for your nice comment on my Christmas Eve scene! :D I have this tiny Christmas crib since I can think. :) But I replaced the figurines last year. I bought them at the Vienna's Christmas Market.

I love your entry too, it's such a lovely house! I love the candy cane, the reindeers and the sledge! Just wonderful!

ooohh ooohohoh h jumping up and down with excitement - just can't believe it, I have never won anything before

I just shared my win with my 11 year old daughter (she is into minis too) and we have been following the progress of all the entires, ohhing and ahhing over each new one as it was added.

we have decided the my prize will house a family with lots and lots of dogs, I think she will help me with it, this will be a project we can do together, which I think is fitting, as my scene is designed around my girls and my sister and mine christmasses

Its what i remeber from christmas morning, and what I try and recreate for my two now, I hoped to capture the excitement and dreams that comes on christmas morning, we always had advent calenders and there always seemed to be so many presents ... and funnily enough we ALWAYS seemed to just miss Santa. i have put all our names on the stockings my daughters Hollie-May and Sara and me and my sis Sally-Ann and Emma- Jane

yippeee oohh i can't believe it

thanks so much Greenleaf

Sal

ps my glencroft (xmas pressie) is going to be delivered too this week, can i cope with all this excitement ............. you bet i can !!! :)

someone wanted to know about various things in my scene, first one was how did i make the clown in the stocking, well i did not make him, he came to me in a swap, but I know there is someone on the internet about how to make one of these clowns, i think you make them from puncning out cirlces of felt, threading them together and using beads or sequins for feet and hands.

the little fairy was a kit I got for pat cutforths, cancer reaseach stall at miniatura, I am glad someone notitced the fairy, cos with it stuck up on the top there, tends to get missed (the gingerbread house was a kit from them also) I think the members put together different kits

sal

ShellyN= entry # 1 I fell in love with that staircase as soon as it was posted. What an awesome display - I love that it's free standing. I think someone mentioned it being mounted on a picture frame - is it? It's sure a great idea what ever it is! So many beautiful delicate things to look at!! It's beautiful! And I also want to comment on the tiny ship at the top of the stairs - wow it's so detailed, can I ask if it was an artisan made ship? I want to keep my eyes out for one for Gull Cottage aka Van Buren

HI Hydroped! Thank you for the compliments.....Yes the whole staircase is mounted on a 8 x 11 picture frame. I removed the glass and placed the flooring paper under it then replaced the glass into the frame.

the tiny ship was purchased on ebay! I will try to find out the ebay member name of whom i purchased it from. Not an artisan though.

Thank you so much hydroped! The house is the glencroft. I just love that house. The tree skirt is a circle of white felt with fabric paints on it. ( like puff paints) I think it is done but only time will tell. :) I almost did not enter because I have been working on it for awhile but she said with alittle encoragement I am glad I did. :)