**Anything Goes Winter Contest**

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My McKinley arrived by UPS today!! I'm so excited. Ray and I are going to "practice up" wiring and finishing on the Arrow dollhouse first. At least we'll have a little experience before putting the McKinley together.

Susanne

ooohhh Im excited for you!

I just finished this house and I Love it!

my DH is going to put it in its place this weekend sometime.

you will love building this house!

also if you plan on wiring...use darells diagram and do it before putting any walls up. sooo much easier!

feel free to e-mail me with any questions!

nutti ;)

Thanks, Nutti ... I can't tell you how much I appreciate having the information available here BEFORE I start building. Even though I haven't built before, the support of people on this site has been so encouraging to me.

Susanne

I'm feeling a little sad today. Since September our neighbours have had a squirrel choose their yard to nest in. I've been filling our bird feeder with peanuts for him every day. He (or she) has been such a delight to watch swinging through the trees to the feeder each day. Yesterday Ray and I were returning from some friends and saw the squirrel dead on the road. I don't know how an animal that is so fast could have gotten run over in the daytime. I phoned my neighbour this morning, and she said that her husband had seen the poor little body as well. We're going to get together over tea later and plan his funeral.

I hope you don't mind ... but Trinity (my cat) and I had called the squirrel "Nutti".

• 4 weeks later...

Anne -

I hope that your Orchid arrives soon. Living in Canada, I know that it always takes a lot longer for packages to arrive from the States. Hugs while you're waiting. Let us know as soon as your packages arrives.

Susanne

A historical moment: My first dollhouse kit ever - the Orchid - arrived just about one hour ago! :blink: I'm so excited!!! Thank you so much Greenleaf, Mini Man - Dean and Tracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the bests! ;) It it's such a lovely house, I love the design! Can't wait to start the building process, but I fear I have to wait until summer... :angry: BUT I'm not sure if I can resist to open the box before summer holidays! :blink: I'm already thinking of which colors I will choose but I'm still not too sure. <_< So many ideas come to my mind... I think I will use some "Art Nouveau" wallpaper for the rooms and I would love to make some woodwork for the inside. I'm thinking of making a little school, a grocery or the home of my dollhouse family's grandmother or nanny out of my Orchid. Ahhh, I would love to start right now! B)

Thanks again for this pretty dollhouse kit and all the efforts it took to send it to Austria!!!

so yours has got to Austria you lucky thing ! should be seeing my Laurel in the UK pretty soon then too

love all your plans for the house, can't wait to see it, shame you ahve to wait until summer, you'll have to start collecting things for it ready for then, at least that will give you something to do and it will still be about the orchid, so really you can start it now !!!

I'll keep my eye out for mine (please please please get here soon)

Anne --

I'm so glad that your kit has arrived. I've been checking this topic every day just to see if the post office has made a delivery to your house!! Congratulations, I'm so glad for you.

Susanne

It was so hard to wait for the arrival!!! :blink: But now it's here, in my room, I still can't believe it!!! ;) I'm sure your Laurel will arrive soon too! :angry: I think I will start collecting ideas and stuff for my Orchid today! B) Kind of a diversionary tactic, I guess, otherwise I have to open the box right now! :blink:

I will cross my fingers that your Laurel will arrive very soon!!!

Susanne, thank you so much for your mental support! <_< I'm so happy my dollhouse has arrived today!!!

Congratulations on finally gettin gyour house Anne! I have been thinking of making mine into a flower shop. I know what you mean about waiting. I promised dh I woul dwait to build anymore houses.......But waiting is so hard, I am not sure I am going to make it.

I couldn't resist anymore! I had to open the box!!! :( It was my first time seeing a dollhouse kit in real!!! :D I love all the details and the cute windows and even the smell of the wood! :angry:

But waiting is so hard, I am not sure I am going to make it.

Same here! :D I mean, it's a veeeeery loooooong time until summer! :D