**Anything Goes Winter Contest**

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is coming along slowly but surely! I just won some furniture on eBay that I'm hoping will fit!! :p And I have to order more shingles . . .

I had to break for a few days because we redid our family room into something more bird friendly. We removed the carpet, put down tile and then decided to take down the 70's panelling . . . well you all know how that goes . . . start one thing and it snowballs into a million other things. Anyway, that's done now, hubby's going away for the week, so I'll have lots of time to spend on my project!! :blink:

Tracy, have I missed something?!! ;) Your avatar looks like a new house!! Is it a Canterbury?!! Where can I view bigger pictures?!! :huh:

Teresa,

I'm sure glad I'm not the only one who's house is coming along slowly - sheesh! Sometimes it feels like I'll never get done!! On the upside I've learned SO much from doing this house.. like from now on all the small pieces of the kit that I'll use later need to go into a baggie and be labeled so I don't lose them! LOL I also finally got wallpaper up - without wrinkles. The worst thing is that I sorta like how it's coming.. so now anything I do to finish it runs the risk of messing it up oy! But what ya gonna do.. it's got to be finished so onward I push.

-David

Wow Sunray - you're done already??? Wow!

-And Nutti,

If you were talking to me - there's no photos cause it's a secret shhh :blink: That and I havent' gotten round to taking very many yet - plus I dunno photos of a half finished house? Just not the same as when it's all decorated is it. So you're gonna have to just wait :p nnya :D Besides, you know how bad I am at updating my webshots albums.. oy am I bad about it!

-David (who probably just got put on Santa's Naughty list) :lol:

Wow Sunray - you're done already??? Wow!

-And Nutti,

If you were talking to me - there's no photos cause it's a secret shhh :p  That and I havent' gotten round to taking very many yet - plus I dunno photos of a half finished house? Just not the same as when it's all decorated is it.  So you're gonna have to just wait  :D  nnya  :D  Besides, you know how bad I am at updating my webshots albums.. oy am I bad about it!

-David (who probably just got put on Santa's Naughty list)  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I actually started on my box 3 months ago. I made it for my lounge so I thought I'd submit it for the contest. I've got pics of it in my gallery. :blink:

David, every time I think I'm getting near the end, I think of one more thing I just have to do!! Like Nutti's Christmas hutches . . . I just had to have one, so I made one for my contest entry as part of the bigger project!!

Today I got the bedroom furniture pretty much done and have the rest to build. I still need to order shingles, hmm . . . better do that soon. I have to paint the fireplace . . . finally built one that is proportionate to the room!! Yippee!! Finish off some panelling . . . landscaping . . .

At this rate I might be done by the deadline!! :lol:

And don't worry Nutti!! I've taken a million pictures and will post them as soon as the project is complete!!

My Christmas hutch . . . the picture doesn't do it justice . . . I painted it black, brushed on a crackle medium and then painted over that with a dark red. You can't see the cracks in the picture!!

post-267-1133156514_thumb.jpg

I love the Christmas Hutch!! :D

pleaze put it in the album with the ones we made.

I actually may have an order for one. I find that very exciting as it would be my first sale ever for something I have made.

trying not to be to excited.

and Im very eager to see your secret project!

Im working on one also!

and when do the entries have to be sent?

guess I oughta go look.

David is on the 50 wet noodle lash list! :p

now lets get craken on those photos! :lol:

nutti :blink:

David, every time I think I'm getting near the end, I think of one more thing I just have to do!!  Like Nutti's Christmas hutches . . . I just had to have one, so I made one for my contest entry as part of the bigger project!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Teresa,

Your hutch looks wonderful! If that's any indication of your house it's gonna be Great!! And oy do I know what you mean.. well sorta - about thinking of one more thing to do - only in my case it's remembering one more thing that has to be done. A couple weeks ago I was like "WooHoo I'm half done!" I've done a lot since then and now I'm going more like "Oh crud!.. I'm only half done???" And to be honest at this point I'm actually just Hoping I'm that far along! LOL

And Nutti you can lash me with a wet noodle any time :lol:

-David

Oh, Tracy, what a beautiful house! Okay, have to add it to my list! :lol:

Thanks Nutti and David! I'll be happy to add it to the album, Nutti! I just wish you could actually see the crackles! Oh well, you'll have to take my word for it! :p

Yeah for you Nutti! Your first sale! You go girl!! :D If what I've seen is any indication you could be starting a whole new miniature niche . . . or is that hutch?! :D

Nutti, I believe the deadline is December 31st. Is that right Tracy? :blink:

David, I think when we're done we're going to have to pop a bottle of champagne!! When and if that day ever comes (sooner rather than later I hope!!).

oohh Tracy that house is so wonderful!

I love the shingles on the roof. this really is a great house.

the rooms are nice size also.

the only thing I dont care for about the house is my inability to get any work done on it!

But I keep promising myself "tax time is coming"

I have this very long list of supplies I will be ordering for this house.

as you know I want it to have a certain look about it.

thanks for sharing the link!

nutti :lol:

Thank you, Terri... apparently my Michael's doesn't carry it... because I was standing staring at the Krylon cans when I asked for help...

But now I have a visual, so I'll try some other shops (like Wal-Mart).

Thanks!

Claire

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are so welcome Claire... I hope you find it. Wal-Mart may have it but if you have a Joann's in your neck of woods I would try there as well. Here in Canada we don't have a Joann's Fabrics.. wish we did... great shop.

AARGH! Now see what you've done Terri?  :) I'll be dreaming of winter scenes all night. And except for Christmas, I'm not a winter person at all.

Chris the Crazed in Canada

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL Chris... awww but it tis the season to be thinking of the holidays. I really am looking forward to seeing everyone's creations.

I wish I had time to take part but man it seems lately that my weeks are more like days... too little time.

I am working on a little project for my home for Xmas... when I get it done I will post a pic :lol:

Ok. I have decided that I am going to enter the winter contest, but could I enter something based on a Christmas room? Is the contest only for outside winter scenes or could Christmas celebrations also be included? :lol:

B.T.W  Should we write a little bit about the winter scene that we make?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a good question Sunny... when I first seen the "theme" I had thought of Winter in a Warmer climate (Christmas in Cancun?)... that would have been an interesting twist on it... Hmmm I will have to read ahead and see what the limits, if any, there are.

Yes it is the Cantebury house Teresa. You can view it by going to my webshots link. It may be on the first page, I'm not sure. :lol:  I did two of them a little over 1 year ago.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tracy this is an amazing house. I simply love what yo do with them using the paperclay.

Sorry for being MIA (Missing in action) lately... its been rather hectic around home with too many things needing my attention. I will be away yet again for another few days (show to do) but will be back.

There has been mention of the "gallery" for the contest entries... where would I find it... I would love to take a peek to see what has been submitted so far :lol:

I hope everyone has a great week and weekend... I will be back on here probably Monday... so see you all then!

:)