**Anything Goes Winter Contest**

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I can not get over how quiet it is here now that the contest for the houses is over! Hmmm. what to do to get some chatting going on!

You must all be working diligently on the Anything Goes Winter Contest hmmm?

Shelly, check out the other forums. Additionally, some of us are building/ mini-ing on all sorts of projects not far enough along to post on. Check out the October swap thread & gallery. This forum is the busiest one I subscribe to, even without contests.

Oh WOW! Can I still enter if I am in the U.K? I really really really want to enter. If I can where do I send the photos? If the theme has got to do with winter can that include things to do with Christmas??

:o

Hello,

Im a little confused about the contest, I have a winter scene that i have already made. You stated that we can not use if it has been in a show, or exhibit. My question is what type of Show?. What would you consider an exhibit?

Thanks, Jenn

now those are some great papers!

I need help with the printies as wallpaper plzz

the last 2 times I used a printie on my fireplaces they seem to fade out

should I be spraying both sides of the paper? before glueing?

plzz help I want to use some Printable wall paper and dont want to have to rip it out!

thanks!

nutti :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nutti here is what I do with "all" Printables.

Print your images... once completely dry... spray with "Preserve It" (this can be found at Michael's or other craft stores) this preserves the colour... then Spray with a Matt Sealer (Krylon Low odor is what I use)... Let dry thoroughly. Thats it! Now this works on Paper and on Cardstock as well.

I have printables here that I have had for more than 3 yrs and they are as crisp looking today as they were the day I printed them out :D

"Preserve It"

Is there more to this name or a brand to go with it? I looked for it today and had a handful of Michael's employees looking at me like I had a third eye in my forehead....

Of course, I've not been impressed with Michael's employees ever since hubby asked one if they carried drafting tables and she said "you mean an easel?"

Is there more to this name or a brand to go with it?  I looked for it today and had a handful of Michael's employees looking at me like I had a third eye in my forehead....

Of course, I've not been impressed with Michael's employees ever since hubby asked one if they carried drafting tables and she said "you mean an easel?"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL I know all about those employees... I have my problems with them too from time to time.

The Brand Name of it is "Krylon" and it is called "Preserve It". You will find it in with all their spray sealers and paints. It looks much like the clear sealer cans. This is a product I really just can't live without. Having my own business and making all my own mini labels, tags, boxes, etc... this is a MUST for me.

Here is a visual for you... :)http://www.krylon.com/main/product_templat...product_details

Hope this is helpful.

;) Having had time to think about it, maybe I will be able to make something. I've been up to my eyeballs with rebuilding my Greenleaf Village (vintage pre-1990) made up as a Christmas display which got sort of squashed when I stored it in the crawl space by mistake a few years ago. It might have been easier to just buy a new village kit, as since then I've improved my mini-making a thousand-fold, but this one holds lots of memories. (Plus it is fully lit, including the decorated trees and lamp posts and I don't want to have to do all that again!)

I have an idea for an exterior scene vignette in 1/2 scale, as well as a 1/144th scale scene in a dome. And there's the partly kit-bashed 1/4 scale Arthur that now has a stone-look exterior, no gingerbread trim or shutters, and a new plain porch roof supported by pillars ...... perhaps if I add a fireplace and chimney it can become a skiiing retreat. And what about that acrylic box? I could make a 1/4 scale sledding scene? I'd just need a hill, some children, trees, a nice background picture for the back..... :p

AARGH! Now see what you've done Terri? :blink: I'll be dreaming of winter scenes all night. And except for Christmas, I'm not a winter person at all.

Chris the Crazed in Canada

Linda - I'm glad that you're thinking of entering the Winter Contest. I'm working on something, but I'm actually most excited about seeing everyone elses' entries.

It's so interesting to see other miniaturists' projects.

Susanne

Just thinking out loud here, if I have a part of scene ready not the whole scene would that be possible to use for the competition?

I.e if I have some pieces of furniture that group together and not the whole scene/room/roombox?

I am contemplating it, but don't know if I have the time to get it ready so far but a little something I know I will have....

Hugs

Ok. I have decided that I am going to enter the winter contest, but could I enter something based on a Christmas room? Is the contest only for outside winter scenes or could Christmas celebrations also be included? ;)

B.T.W Should we write a little bit about the winter scene that we make?