**Anything Goes Winter Contest**

I found these sleds a crafts and stuff but they are only 2 1/4 inches long.  I did not know if they would work in a 1/ 12 scale or not.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A sled of that size would be more in lines for an infant rather than a child. If you added side and back rails to it it would work for that purpose :)

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My nieces (Steph - 18, Brittany - 16) are visiting from Calgary this weekend. They've been helping out with suggestions for my winter roombox.

Brittany also showed me how to size photos so I can change my avatar settings. I'm so excited.

WooHoo Susanne! I have two nephews in Calgary . . . 12 and 9. Somehow I don't think they'd be too interested in dollhouses, although I'm thinking when they come to visit next summer maybe they'd enjoy putting together a cabin. Hmmm . . .

It's great fun having Steph and Britt up for the weekend. Britt loves rearranging the dolls. They sit down to dinner, play games ... and, when I woke up this morning they were all dressed in their nighties and tucked up in bed!!

After I drive Steph and Britt back home later today, I'll discreetly whisk the Heidi Ott "sexy man doll" out of the dollhouse mum's bed before the dollhouse children wake up and find their mother is in bed with a male doll that isn't their father!!

Doing a cabin with boys with be such fun ... the cabin could be done in a more masculine decor. Lots of fun fabrics for bedding and curtains for the testosterone charged dollhouse builder.

Susanne

After I drive Steph and Britt back home later today, I'll discreetly whisk the Heidi Ott "sexy man doll" out of the dollhouse mum's bed before the dollhouse children wake up and find their mother is in bed with a male doll that isn't their father!!

That's hilarious! But my question is...where was Daddy doll while all of this was going on? :)

I'll discreetly whisk the Heidi Ott "sexy man doll" out of the dollhouse mum's bed before the dollhouse children wake up and find their mother is in bed with a male doll that isn't their father!!

Oh, Susanne, you gotta love teenagers! I have to admit I howled when I read that one :)

Too funny, Susanne! I don't think I've ever seen a "sexy man doll" other than "Ken" of course!! :D

Doing a cabin with boys with be such fun ... the cabin could be done in a more masculine decor. Lots of fun fabrics for bedding and curtains for the testosterone charged dollhouse builder.

Sounds like a plan to me!! :o

Too funny, Susanne!  I don't think I've ever seen a "sexy man doll" other than "Ken" of course!!  :D

Sounds like a plan to me!!  :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Believe it or not there is a line of "Ken" size (Barbi size) men dolls that are ... "correct" if you know what I mean and some of them come with tattoos LOL .

-David

Are you talking about the "Billy" dolls? I remember when those first started appearing in the Barbie Bazzar Magazines about 8 years ago LOL. Here is a ebay item number for one of them item # 5634170576 :D .

This was the Year that Barbie had a press conferance to announce that she and Ken are only friends and she is now dating "Blaine" he looks pretty lame to me but Ken and Barbie never Married so I can see why she moved on LOL :o .

LOL Holly :o

Was that TMI (too much information) about the Billy doll? heheh. I think the deadline is Dec 31.

I think I'm about half done with mine.. I hope.. of course I've been saying that for a week so I may not be anywhere near that far along!

:D -David

Sorry for getting off topic ... I have, however, {she snickers} changed my avatar to show the Heidi Ott male interloper leaving the dollhouse.

Onto our winter project ... I'm heading over to Michael's today to select wallpaper for my roomboxes. I'm going use scrapbook paper for my first wallpaper efforts.

Susanne

Well as promised to some, I have attached a file here of a how to I was working on. Some of you may find it handy for the current contest... its a Gingerbread House How to.

Now... I have the how to done but no pic of the project yet. If any of you happen to make this would you send me a picture? I love to see how people take a how to and make it their own.

Hope you enjoy this tutorial.

Miniature_Gingerbread_House.pdf

It sure is much quietier in here now than it has been recently, with the exception of the rowdies LOL

I hope this means that everyone is making minis like crazy out there. I can't wait to see what everyone has been working on.

Personally I have been working on a couple of tutorials, trying to get them done for a get together with friends.

Hope everyone is having a good day... :D

hey Terri

ya seem to be the info gal....how about a tutorial or link to one of the pipe cleaner

Christmas Trees

I have looked everywhere with no luck and of course I have no idea where I saw it.

I have the brush trees you can get at wal-marts but something about making my own.

Im gonna have to give the gingerbread house a try.

nutti :D

Wow, Susanne, He's quite the hunk! I found a Tod McFarlane doll of Samuel L Jackson as Shaft that I may have to share with some of my staid Victorian lady dolls... No, I think I'll just keep him for me (snide snicker).

hey Terri

ya seem to be the info gal....how about a tutorial or link to one of the pipe cleaner

Christmas Trees

I have looked everywhere with no luck and of course I have no idea where I saw it.

I have the brush trees you can get at wal-marts but something about making my own.

Im gonna have to give the gingerbread house a try.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Nutti,

Well I am glad you like the info I post. I did a quick little search online (www.google.ca) and found some info on Pipe Cleaner Trees

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-craft...y&craftid=10085

http://www.advocatesforchildren.net/ Activities-PDF/Pipe%20Cleaner%20Tree.pdf

http://www.terragenesis.co.uk/plants/pipetreeFP.html - This one is a little different.. its not Xmas Trees but Landscaping Trees

http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/toddler/games....cfm?GameID=387

http://www.geocities.com/heartland/5658/xmastree.html - This may be the one you are interested in... the person who edited it is a Miniaturist

Hope this is helpful

Im sure the last one from RozW is the one I have seen.

ok since I have all the stuff to do one should I try this??

hey thanks for finding it for me!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nutti you must have picked the right moment to ask me this question or the stars are properly aligned LOL

I was thumbing through a few old mags and found that in the Dec 04 issue of American Miniaturists there is a how to for making a pipe cleaner tree but it's the silver "tinsel" looking ones. This could be just what you are looking for.

Do you have that issue?

hmmmmmm Ill have to go see!

but it is possible I have subscribed for 2 yrs now...just love it!

lemme go check!

!!!HOW MUCH DO I LOVE YOU!!!

post-9-1132121705.gif

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty!

Im so Happy!

ok anyone guess what Ill be making next!

my Grandmother had a silver Christmas tree and red decorations

she always let me decorate it. it sat in the front window on a table.

its lost somewhere in her house but someday I will let my Granddaughter decorate it for me....but in blue.

nutti :o

hmmmmmm Ill have to go see!

but it is possible I have subscribed for 2 yrs now...just love it!

lemme go check!

!!!HOW MUCH DO I LOVE YOU!!!

post-9-1132121705.gif

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty!

Im so Happy!

ok anyone guess what Ill be making next!

my Grandmother had a silver Christmas tree and red decorations

she always let me decorate it. it sat in the front window on a table.

its lost somewhere in her house but someday I will let my Granddaughter decorate it for me....but in blue.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See I told you that your timing was perfect. I am so happy that I was able to help you out, nutti. See I have a rule "Ask" you never know who might be able to help, this is what I love about the Miniature Community.

Do me a favour when you get your tree done take a pic (if you can) and send it to me... I would love to see it when you have it completed.

now those are some great papers!

I need help with the printies as wallpaper plzz

the last 2 times I used a printie on my fireplaces they seem to fade out

should I be spraying both sides of the paper? before glueing?

plzz help I want to use some Printable wall paper and dont want to have to rip it out!

thanks!