Hi everybody...I'm here too!!!

pasqui93

Hi everybody! Let's start from the beginning....ok..ok...I won't be too long..it just happen that I had this dream from always, since when I was a little child, and a few days ago I decided it was time to turn it into reality and move on! I started looking for dollhouses kit all over the net, searching among shops on line here in my country first, then on ebay, and I also had a look at some important online sellers in Uk. I found more then something I could be interested in but for a reason or another it was not hte time to proceed....till the day I read somewhere about greenleaf and Corona C. and decided to learn more about them and their products. Just a quick look at the site and the picture gallery in this forum, with all your dollhouses construction story and it was love at first sight!!!!! :giggle:

So, this is my first post, hope to come and read and write more, to learn from most of you as much as I can, and hope, also, that some of you will be for me someone to rely on to when my work will start....no need to say i'm both excited and frightened for this big big adventure I'm gonna start....hope you'll understand and most of all I hope my english is not too bad to understand me!!!

Hope I'll have the chance to know many of you much more than from your wonderfull works...which is an important part of you!!! I adore your posts about the costruction of these lovely dollhouse....oh, I was forgetting...mine will be a Westville.....will I be able to?

Cheers fro now,

happy to be here, federica :flowers:

Hallo! isn't it nice that we have a cat on our avatar? Mine is pasqualino, that is also my username. I've losthim more than a month ago after 15 years of life together...I'm sure he would have loved to enetr in the rooms of my westville still on construction!!!!!!!

Thanks for writing...two other houses?? I've still to begin my first and it seem to me a long way to end it..we'll see!!!

Thanks maria for the encouragement!! I'm really looking forward to start...I have to look for all the things that can be helpfull for me to begin, I mean the instruments and I'll try to solve the "problems" as long as I find some...hope not too much!

thank you :wave:

Thank you thank you Gayle and Tracy! :D

I'm looking around in the forum to the plenty of gallery and pictures of all your beautifull and different works! I can't stop!!! And tomorrow I'm supposed to be at work :wave: !!!!! But it is impossible to close the pc as there are so many things to read, advices to keep for my work when it will come the time to start!!! I'll go on tomorrow!!

The westville as a long way home to come to me here in Italy!!!

That was such a wonderful kit to make. I turned my bay windows into window seats on the inside. I also added a fireplace in the middle of the two windows in the large lower floor room. I can't wait to see yours.

Have you picked out any colors yet?

Hallo Agnes..nice to see I'm not the only new entry in the forum!!! :wave:

Tracy as you can see I'm stillhere taking a look around....I've seen your westville and totally adore it, i read carefully all of your post about the cosntruction, and admire all your work...I think..no, I'm sure thant I'll knock at your door as soon as I'll start because I love that thing of the seat at the baywindows!!!!!! You'll have to teach me if you want!!!

I haven't choose anything at all as I've just ordered the kit and I think it will take a while to arrive here, but the first idea is to paint my Westv outside of a clear sky blue as my room while the door, windows and trims will be white...like the Magnolia (it was my first choice for the colours on the kit box but it has no roof top so I preferred the westville..even thought the balcony of the Magnolia are gorgeous!!).

I totally LOVE that balcony on the Magnolia! It is wonderful But you will be very pleased with the Westville too! It really is a Dream house. I can't wait to see what you do and feel free to ask away!

Agnes, Welcome to the neighborhood too!!

Welcome Federica! :wave: It's so nice to see how excited you are about beginning your new hobby. We all get excited about miniatures too. You will find that everyone here is friendly, helpful, and ready to share. Please take lots of pictures when you start working on the Westville - we love to see it all!

Welcome Federica! My name is Sue and I lived in Bacoli, Italy from 2001 through 2004! My Italian is terrible though, so I will have to speak in English to you. Your English is very, very good! Where in Italy do you live? I just started my second miniature house, but the first one I built was many, many years ago and it is a dim memory. I built that one for my little girl who is now grown. I am working on the Garfield. It is a very slow process, but I am not pressuring myself to go quickly. I am just enjoying each step. Good Luck on your new house when it arrives! I've wanted to do this for years also! I'm not an expert, so I probably won't have any advice for you. There are so many helpful people on this website though, I'm sure you'll find all the help you'll need! Welcome and Good Luck! Sue

Welcome, Frederica, your English is excellent. I built the Westville for one of my friends with whom I sed to work, her husband bought it from me to give her for her birthday and she wanted it to look llike on the box. I made the windowseat in the bay on the side because there is an extension piece for the floor there and the way I usually make hardwood floors would not work with that arrangement.

Bulding dollhouses is very addicting and many of us cannot stop at ust one! From your comment to Tracy I shall assume you have begun to read the blogs, too.

I would also like to know where in Italy you live, I have a Lily kit still in the box and every time I walk past it calls out to me, "I want to become a Tuscan villa".

:wave:

Hello and Welcome! Your English is wonderful! Everyone one here is wonderful and very willing to help. Like you I decided to turn a childhood dream into reality :) I am building the Willow (Corona Concepts). I wish you luck and much fun, and don't forget to ask questions if you are not sure, some one will help you!!! :thumb: