Hi everybody...I'm here too!!!

pasqui93

:wave:

Hallo to everybody of you...here is my big...BIG virtual hug to you all for this warm welcome....I'm back home for a while after a long..too long day at work and the only thing I was thinking about today was my dollhouse!!!!!

I'm leaving for a long week end out luckily but before going let me thank eacha nd everyone of you for how you've welcomed be here in the forum....

My order is ready to be sent, I'm just waiting a little to send it just to be sure of my choice but I think Westville is actually the best thing for me, not too much for a beginner, but still quite big to fullfill everything I would like to do with it, with the right number of rooms, which was important to me, 4 but with the roof top also, with small balcony even if magnolia's are still in my heart :w00t:

I thank you for being so kind with me offering advices and help if I need them.... :) and yes, I'm sure I will!!!!!

The thing that worries me the most is giving light to the rooms, even if I've read your post (not all of them but I'll do it) is still something that worries me a lot. But I'll try to work it out as I really want to give life to this house and light in it is really important!!! But I've so many questions about this matter that I really don't know where to start....but as I told you I'll be knocking at your doors!!! Or, without annoying you, is there some post on the blog I can rely to for having an idea of putting light in a dollhouse?

To those who have been giving compliments for my english I wanna say thank you, my high school english teacher would be so proud on hearing that!!! :p

And to those who asked it, I live near Rome, and I really see Lily as a wonderfull big house in Tuscany..it would be lovely to see it completed one day....it is a great idea!!!!!

Love to you all....keep building these lovely houses! Hope to begin soon,

take care,

Federica :thumb:

Welcome Federica to the Forum!!

I know what its like to have to go to work and leave your dollhouse behind! I think about my dollhouse when I am commuting back and forth to work, I like to work ideas out in my head, its a good time to figure out a "problem spot" because no one is bothering me when I am alone in my car!

Welcome to the Froum!

Im so glad you found us!

I think your choice of the Westville will indeed make you very happy. it is a wonderful house!

you be sure to ask any questions you like. I hope you have a pleasent trip and we will see you when you get back!

nutti :wave:

The thing that worries me the most is giving light to the rooms, even if I've read your post (not all of them but I'll do it) is still something that worries me a lot. But I'll try to work it out as I really want to give life to this house and light in it is really important!!! But I've so many questions about this matter that I really don't know where to start....but as I told you I'll be knocking at your doors!!! Or, without annoying you, is there some post on the blog I can rely to for having an idea of putting light in a dollhouse?

Federica

I agree with you completely - light does give life to a dollhouse - but I haven't put lighting in a house yet. I'm scared to! Yet there are many shining examples here by members who jumped right in and did it. Here is a wonderful photographic tutorial done by one of our members, that I plan to follow whenever I scrape up the courage (and funds) to put in some proper electricity.

http://community.webshots.com/album/139274832GytFHn

Something to think about - along with daydreams about your dollhouse - while you're away.

Welcome to the forum. Lighting is not so hard, I actually rewired a house before I ever built one. Darrell's tutorial is a great help. Also, members here will be glad to answer your questions and help out in any way they can.

There is also a forum about the tools you may need to get started here.

Good luck and I hope you don't have to wait to long for delivery of your Westville.