Introduction

claire

Hello. I like to introduce myself. I'm Claire, I'm 59 years old, married, two boy of 16 and 13, so one can call me a "young" mother. I have a job as secretary at the University of the city where I live. I work in the science department. I like things that are out of proportion either small, or big. Since I was about 10 years of age I was completely taken by the dollshouse in the museum of my town, Utrecht. And I wanted to build such a house when I was with retirement and I started to collect usefull books and things for that time. Then I discovered that you don't have to be retired to work on a dollshouse. So then I became the onwer of The Arthur (birthday gift from my husband!!!). It took me a long time to make it into a house, but now it is standing, but it is by no means finished.

Claire, when yo have made a total of five posts to the forum you may open an album in the Gallery where I hope you will share more pictures of your pretty Arthur.

Have you begun to think yet about which house you would like to buld next?

Welcome to the forum!

your Arthur is very nice! I really like the color you have chosen.

do you have a next project in mind?

glad you joined us!

nutti :wave:

Thank you all for your warm welcome. And Traci, if you father happens to travel to Utrecht we will welcome him to our house...

I'm flattered that you like the colour of my Arthur. I found that was one of the most difficult things about it. Now I'm struggeling to fit electricity, because at first I decided that that was too difficult for me... :blink: And now I have allready put wallpaper and flooring in!!!

My next project is waiting in the attic. It is a dollshouse from a Dutch dollshouse shop http://www.destolp.com/ It is a bit bigger than The Arthur, but the problem of space I will tackle later :)

Soon I will have enough posts to make my own gallery and than you will be able to see more of my Arhur

Soon I will have enough posts to make my own gallery and than you will be able to see more of my Arhur
Hurrah and thank you, Claire! I really want to see how the inside looks.